Started a alt monk...Need help with kicks

Kirin Folken

Dalayan Elder
Well finaly decended to start a alt monk (one of the few classes I never tryed on live)

So something that has quickly come up..

Kick and Round Kick.

Whats the difference between these really? And do monks other kicks (rake etc) also follow the same style of pattern. (that you can only use 1 at a time as it depress the button for the other).

Basicly whats the use/effect of each?

tbh kick isnt really worth it imo. as a beastlord i only get the regular kick, and the only reason i even use it is for boot procs. monks get other kicking skillz like round kick and flying kick and that sort of thing which are better than the regular kick

I like how ever kinda skips around the main question so I will ask it straight up.

Do each new kicking skill totaly replace the old kicking skill.

kick < Round Kick < Tiger Punch < Tail Rake < Flying Kick

aka any point in useing the older kick after you get the newer one?

All kicks are on the same timer, so if you press one you have to wait to use another.

Kick - Regular attack, cannot damage magical mobs unless you are wearing magic boots.
Round Kick - Magical attack. More damage. (This is the only one i'm slightly unsure on, i know it was coded as a magical attack in the original)
Tiger Punch - Magical attack. Has chance to proc a +agro effect
Tail Rake / Dragon punch - Magical attack. Has chance to proc a root effect on the mob
Eagle Strike - Magical attack. Chance to proc an effect that can interrupt a spell
Flying Kick - Magical attack. More damage, slightly longer reuse time as well if i remember correctly, but definitely your highest dps of the kicks.

Keep tiger punch, tail rake / eagle strike, and flying kick at max skiill as you never know when you'll need them for the procs

blurringmotion said:
Keep tiger punch, tail rake / eagle strike, and flying kick at max skiill as you never know when you'll need them for the procs
And tiger punch. Comes in handy if you're called on to tank for a duo/group.

blurringmotion said:
All kicks are on the same timer, so if you press one you have to wait to use another.

Kick - Regular attack, cannot damage magical mobs unless you are wearing magic boots.
Round Kick - Magical attack. More damage. (This is the only one i'm slightly unsure on, i know it was coded as a magical attack in the original)
Tail Rake / Dragon punch - Magical attack. Has chance to proc a root effect on the mob
Eagle Strike - Magical attack. Chance to proc an effect that can interrupt a spell
Flying Kick - Magical attack. More damage, slightly longer reuse time as well if i remember correctly, but definitely your highest dps of the kicks.

Keep tiger punch, tail rake / eagle strike, and flying kick at max skiill as you never know when you'll
need them for the procs

THANK YOU!!! Your my hero of the day.

So Kick is pointless to contiune to work on at level 10. But Round Kick and Tigar punch are good to work on both (Round kick for when you dont want the aggro until you get one of your later kicks)

Even then they don't become really great until Skill of Hand AA. With Skill of Hand -> Tiger Punch and using Dragon Root occasionally on rootable mobs for proxy agro, monks can be really awesome single targ tanks.

Oh and Flying Kick = 6sec

Dragon/Tail and Eagle = 5sec

Tiger Claw = 4 sec

In terms of refresh

Jun said:
Oh and Flying Kick = 6sec

Dragon/Tail and Eagle = 5sec

Tiger Claw = 4 sec

In terms of refresh

blurringmotion said:

Just my opinion, but it seems like this should be somewhere in the ToK.

this is on wiki
monk

imo round kick is useless I have never found any use for it. Its much slower takes a long ass time to skill and doesnt do much dmg. All the other monk kicking skills have their uses

Back
Top Bottom