Spirit Rake

Tevinter

Dalayan Pious Diety

Any chance this item could be looked at / rebalanced? Currently as it stands it doesnt seem better offensively than other bow options (with the exception of scenarios where you know the mosnters you're fighting have 0 cold resistance), further exacerbates rangers inconsistency issues due to a massive portion of its ratio being in elemental damage, and being a slow bow in general. It also comes with a hefty penalty to damage reduction and flowing thought. The heal / mana restore portion of the proc doesnt feel significant enough to justify the loss of dps vs other bows. You're looking at doing 300~ healing every 7ish seconds at best to the targets target (with focii and haste taken into consideratio). At the tier you get this item, tanks have upwards of fifteen thousand (15,000) hit points. This is an incredibly insignificant amount of healing. It also ends up being about 15 FT for whoever is tanking, but depending on the tank (warrior) length of the fight (not long enough for a knight to oom), or group comp (strands of life!) the value of this ranges from useless to letting your tank cast an extra 4 or 5 spells over the course of a 10 minute fight.

Granted, if you stacked a bunch of these bows in a raid you could give your tank an insane amount of mana (45 ft~ at 3, or roughly 4500 mana over a 10 minute fight). That being said, an item shouldnt be weak or tuned around the possibility of being able to stack 3+ of them for silly results (and was likely the reason the proc on the https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Defensive_Nagthilian_Escutcheon was changed). It makes the item feel underwhelming if you are the sole user, and promotes degenerate gameplay if you stack multiples of it.

Slightly unrelated, but weapons with a large portion of their ratio coming from elemental damage seem to consistently cause balance issues due to the polarizing nature of elemental damage and it being heavily situational. They don't feel good from a player perspective either, critting for 6k and hitting for 13 damage in the same combat round and not being able to easily judge how resistant a mob is.

The problem isn't just elemental damage, the problem is cold too. Given equal resistances even if you had a choice you would probably choose fire over ice every time anyway: druids with their ez -100 fire resist spell vs rangers with their -25 cold resist (and given that everything else reduces both resists equivalently). Really wish there was like a shaman equivalent version on their cold nukes or something. (At least, this is what I understand looking at spells: if I've missed something please let me know)

Load a wizard and a cleric and blow up some moderately resistant mobs with moon comet and you can see how much Fatebind makes a difference in nuke amount with just -20 resist.

Really curious to see if the rings of the dead on a monk would even actually do much more damage in a normal raid mob situation (other than, you know, whatever problems it might bring) vs alternatives... ignoring procs anyway.

elemental damage type on gloves doesn't matter for bare fist damage. You can wear fire gloves and you'll do the same damage to a mob with 0 resist and a mob with fire immunity. It just adds .05 to your barefist ratio per point of ele damage. Rings of the dead parse worse thaz gloves even vs fully AC debuffed mobs.

this bow should be better then bw bow ALL THE TIME dps wise. the two fights arent even close in difficulty espcially after blazewinds recent "fix".

Are there any other weapons from the true and leveling course that also needs tweaks/micro adjustments?

Are there any other weapons from the true and leveling course that also needs tweaks/micro adjustments?
Not sure what “true and leveling course” exactly entails, but I feel like Windworn Boka took a pretty bad hit with the weapon changes. It used to be a semi-viable option for knights to use, but the with reduction in fire damage, white damage, and losing the -35 fire resist debuff, I use this weapon on 1 fight and even then it’s probably not worth it. I know it’s situationally very nice for monks with the ac/block and for wizard/mage with the fire damage, but the fire resist debuff was what made this weapon situationally nice for knights. Losing that brought the utility of the weapon way down, in addition to reducing the overall damage due to the rng of fire damage not hitting as hard/being resisted at a higher rate.

A rewrite of the elemental damage on weapons might feel good. Personally I like the option of throwing a large amount of ele damage on a weapon, its just a feels bad right now.

stave of the mist still needs work from what im told, hell since you guys seem to have a hate boner for that weapon it should just get turned into a caster 1 hander or something.

everyone has it banked alrdy you arent going to offend them by taking their class off of it.

P.S i think beguilers belittling barrage is fine and it's actually spike that needs a complete makeover.

stave of the mist still needs work from what im told, hell since you guys seem to have a hate boner for that weapon it should just get turned into a caster 1 hander or something.

everyone has it banked alrdy you arent going to offend them by taking their class off of it.

P.S i think beguilers belittling barrage is fine and it's actually spike that needs a complete makeover.
Possibly add int casters, put on affliction 10, and beastlords and necromancers will have a nice weapon, equivalent to red sword. Stave, while it’s been looked at and adjusted, is in an awkward spot where I’m still not sure who wants to wears it. Being a rare drop from the boss of the hardest raid zone, I think you’d want people to say, “Damn, I need to get that Stave, it’s best in slot”.

Back
Top Bottom