Spear of the Great Hunt

brasileira

Dalayan Elder
Well i come here to ask for an upgrade for this item. Not many people really do this quest cause of the rewards.

The item is:

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: SECONDARY
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 22
DMG: 14
Effect: Burst of Fury (Combat)
DEX: +15 STA: +5 WIS: +10 AGI: +5 HP: +25
Required level of 60
WT: 5.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR RNG BRD ROG BST
Race: ALL

Well the ratio, is at least ok, but the start not very good.

Lets compare to Warriors Starfall 2.0

[LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 25
DMG: 15
Fire DMG: 1
Effect: Provocation (Combat)
STA: +6 DEX: +6 HP: +35
Recommended level of 45.
WT: Size:
Class: WAR

Almost same ratio, but at least +10hp and more STA. But this quest can be easly done at lvl 50. While Spear of the great hunt you need at least a good 65s grp. Why?

Check some of who you have to kill:

The Lurking Terror Caverns (Hard to get to him)
The Eternal One (Have 2 adds that mez, and do alot of casting, not to say it is in water)
Pzrka The Blade Lord(Comes with 5 adds)
Tarlyx of the Lake (Comes with 4 adds)

And 2 others nameds.

Lets talk about some drop stuff (not quested)

Hammer of the ancient visions
[LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 21
DMG: 13
AC: 10
Effect: Blinding Light(Combat)
STr: +5 CHA: +5 DEX: +5 AGI: +5 HP: +50
Recommended level of 45.
WT: Size:
Class: WAR RNG BRD

(the mob can be killed by a regular 65s grp, probably same group wouldnt be able to kill all the nameds of the quest for spear)

In my opinion could burst a bit more the spear, so the quest would become more usefull for everyone.

Thank you

I've always thought the spear of the great hunt wasn't special enough too, it would be nice to see it made worthwhile..

A good agro+snare proc would be a bit unique in addition to a slight stat & ratio boost

Is there a chance we can get his quest text altered to give out more than one container?

I asked for it eons (this issue may be fixed now, yes?) ago when my inventory/bank were full and now he just looks at me funny when i try to do this quest.

Wiz said:
Burst of Fury is *way* more aggro than provocation.
The problem is not the "aggro" the problem is that there are many others off hand that gives alot more stats and hp, which a tank must have, with an aggro proc. This one gives alot of aggro but almost nothing as stats for the tank. Compared to the Hammer this quest item is useless.

Not to say that the dps ratios is bad.

The actual discussion is that u need alot of effort to do this quest, while you could just go and buy a Torment Forged weapon or do a grp to get hammer.

Surge of Torment is resistable and much less aggro

Blind on the hammer is resistable and much less aggro

The point of your off-hand weapons for a warrior is AGGRO, yes stats are nice and few hps here or there are neat. But all that means exactly ZERO if the mob is not in your face and hitting you. The spear is pretty win up until Wailfury for the proc alone which is in fact unresistable.

Now you can argue that it needs to be upgraded stat wise (which I agree with), but don't do it by comparing it to weapons that are not really apples to apples .

Maybe compare it to lets say:

Ragebearer (from NDHK)
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Skill: 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 22
DMG: 14
Fire DMG: 1
Effect: Whispers of Hate (Combat)
STR: +17 DEX: +9 STA: +10 AGI: +9 HP: +50
Recommended level of 50.
WT: 3.5 Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR RNG BRD ROG

Here's the improved version:

SpearoftheGreatHuntimproved.jpg

It fits me for the time I have invested in it. It's indeed comparable to a Ragebearer, and it sounds fine for me. I'll lose the AC for the aggro anyday if you ask me.

Compared to the Claws of furious storm, or to the Ragebearer, I feel happy with the spear. The only weapon that could upgrade it and is within 2 tiers of where we stand atm is Wailfury. You'll notice that it has no AC. And no one has complained about it yet, as far as I know.

The quest is hard and frustrating because you have to compete/deal with many of the upper tier farmers on multi days spawns, in places they will plow through while you often just try not to die and figure it out. But having a tier 2/3 weapon out of killing tier 0 mobs is well worth the effort imo. I never have aggro problems anymore on raids, unless people blatantly ignore the basics of aggro control.

(Maybe I should add that I am probably one of the last ones to have completed this quest, so I am well aware of the huge amount of spawn checking it includes nowadays, as those mobs die within 2-5 hours after they pop)

Back
Top Bottom