Soulbond buffs overwritten when max buffslotted

Always fun to have a necro suddenly get spam dot happy and takes up 3 or 4 buff slots and in the process takes away a SB buff or two before you even have time to react clicking off buffs to save the SB ones.

iirc, on live ppl just used to cast 3-4 useless buff (which you click off when buffing is complete) then non essential buff first then go on with better buffs then best at the total end... this avoid losing buff to a dispel or replaced due to max slots and it helps to see when you get debuffed as the first slots should be empty.

it also help to dispel magic effect with the cancel magic line of spells. IIRC spell cast dispel will take away the spell on the target in order of spell slot.

SO, as many have said before, cast a few spell then your precious SB spells...

Yeah, agreed, you can work around it. The point is, based on the AA's description, it sounds like it shouldn't be necessary. There may be a coding problem that makes it impossible, and if so... that's that. But it would be awfully nice if SB spells really were properly bonded.

Dzillon said:
soulbond SV gets overwritten by SSS

Noktar said:
I know a certain someone who would be very happy if this was not the case.

Rakeel's pet peeve sighted, initiating posting.

[derail] The normal spells could just be changed to bounce off each other like Beastlords and every dps melee class has been YELLING FOR FOR YEARS, the way it is now is idiotic and nothing but a pain in the ass for everyone involved and I have no clue why this seemingly simple change hasn't been implemented. [/derail]

I really think its a coding problem. With spell stacking a detrimental buff when spells are full is kind of the lynch card.

I cant stress enough how much i agree with this, being in DN today and having soulbonded raego, empower, and some other things overwritten. this is probably the most annoying thing i can think of.

Clearly you're not very imaginative.

Just imagine replacing all the mobs and NPCs in SoD with little tiny Richard Simmonses.

Dzillon said:
Just after Packetloss.

Even though they are a related bug packetloss is nowhere near as annoying as the Insta-Linkdead bug for a pet class, for any other class this is a minor upgrade to the annoyance of PL for a pet class it means you have to relog yet again to swap in all your pet focus shit which is always a joy. :dance: You play a necromancer tho so I'm sure you appreciate this little salt rubbed into the wound.

Yeah I like pain.
And yeah when I say packetloss I suppose both are related...let's say "all weird event that happen after about an hour of being in the same zone and makes you wanna puke each time"

Back
Top Bottom