Soul-bonded death effects instead of rez effects

GuiardoTuneweaver

Staff Emeritus
With the new mana changes to death/rez effects, could the death effects be made soul-bonded (ie they don't go away when rezed) instead of re-applying them when rezed?

This would prevent the bind zerging that Wiz said the change was made to prevent since it would still be 4 minutes after a death before casters could regain mana, while shortening downtime for legitimate wipes.

A wipe (either group, or raid) causes 2 periods of downtime. One to wait to be rid of death effects before you can port/sow/lev/eb/whatever to get back to the zone of your demise, and then a second after you are rezed.

Making death effects soulbound would collapse these 2 periods into 1 for wipes, while not changing its effect on bind zerging (where you don't have to rez) or on battle rezzing (since if it's not a wipe, you can be rezed back in negating the first period).

But then you could just wait four minutes, res., and have no effects.

Or if I interpret it a different way, if you never res., you simply never get rid of the effects.

Confused.

Rambler said:
But then you could just wait four minutes, res., and have no effects.

Correct. And 4 mins plus med time still prevents bind zerging. This is equivalent to binding nearby and reengaging before rez.

Or if I interpret it a different way, if you never res., you simply never get rid of the effects.

No, it's soulbonded, not perma. It wears off after 4 mins whether or not you are rezed (unless you die again of course).

u will get rezz fx but u wont get ANOTHER 4 minutes of death FX, the 4 minutes start when u respawn and last that no matter if u get rezzed or not.

i think this is a terrible idea and i disagree so much here is my reasons why

Back
Top Bottom