Something broke with your Launcher?

Ekoazarak

Dalayan Beginner
steam client... check
updated SoD launcher... check
account name and password... check

"DB error - invalid password"

ummm ok but its not... go to Account Management, "successfully change password"..... "DB error - invalid password"

convinced 6 of my p99 guild to try this server and now 6 people are annoyed.... so whats up?

check your eqhosts file and see if its pointed to eqemu or shardsofdalaya. if its pointed to shards of dalaya you need to create an account on here. if its pointed to eqemu then use your normal login.

check your eqhosts file and see if its pointed to eqemu or shardsofdalaya. if its pointed to shards of dalaya you need to create an account on here. if its pointed to eqemu then use your normal login.

ok thanks. that worked. but now when we enter game UI is unresponsive. the mouse cursor doesnt interact with any of these UI windows and game appears frozen. we can hear sound. the music sounds really cool... but of course we cant play . sorry we arent techy type people. is there a fix for this?

edit: its wierd too. i can see torches animating but cant move. cant click on any window. just staring at a wall listening to the cool music

edit2: win10, geforce 970 with latest drivers. some of us have AMD cards. they have same issue. if any of that helps. no issues with any other games including several EQEmu servers.

edit3: for anyone who sees this... someone tried to run it in Compatibilty mode.. DO NOT. game instantly crashes.

Last edited:
ok thanks. that worked. but now when we enter game UI is unresponsive. the mouse cursor doesnt interact with any of these UI windows and game appears frozen. we can hear sound. the music sounds really cool... but of course we cant play . sorry we arent techy type people. is there a fix for this?

edit: its wierd too. i can see torches animating but cant move. cant click on any window. just staring at a wall listening to the cool music

so, what I would say is that if you plan on playing on shards of dalaya the best thing to do is just re-download a new game from steam and name it shards of dalaya . Project1999 tends to change a lot of core files and that doesnt work really well with other EMU's ( not shards specific ).

so, what I would say is that if you plan on playing on shards of dalaya the best thing to do is just re-download a new game from steam and name it shards of dalaya . Project1999 tends to change a lot of core files and that doesnt work really well with other EMU's ( not shards specific ).
ya we did that. we are running fresh Steam client, renamed as your Starting guide says. completely separate of p99. as i stated in Original post.. this is fresh Steam client download. Patched with your Shards of Dalaya 2.5 patcher.

the client is even labeled as Darkpaw games in the Program List... reflecting the very recent split of Daybreak. well think we just gonna uninstall. best of luck

ya we did that. we are running fresh Steam client, renamed as your Starting guide says. completely separate of p99. as i stated in Original post.. this is fresh Steam client download. Patched with your Shards of Dalaya 2.5 patcher.

the client is even labeled as Darkpaw games in the Program List... reflecting the very recent split of Daybreak. well think we just gonna uninstall. best of luck

if thats what you want to do obviously go for it.

If you have teamviewer on your computer i can check out whats going on and see if i can fix it for you.

If you are in game and it is not responsive: Don't quote exactly but there is a window that tells you to "/cm I accept the rules" type deal to unfreeze your toons. It has recently given trouble to other new comers as well. Can we just remove it especially when you can't even move the pop up windows around to be able to see it at times? Guessing that is what they experienced.

If you are in game and it is not responsive: Don't quote exactly but there is a window that tells you to "/cm I accept the rules" type deal to unfreeze your toons. It has recently given trouble to other new comers as well. Can we just remove it especially when you can't even move the pop up windows around to be able to see it at times? Guessing that is what they experienced.
this please, my new characters/accounts cant actually see the text in the window and I've seen a number of other people complain about it as well.

Back
Top Bottom