SoD Patcher Problems

Raidian

Dalayan Beginner
I've noticed that when I start the patcher and bind affinity to processor 4 (I'm using a Q9650), that it always gets bound to processor 3. All other processors seem to work fine. Did someone make a small finger fart when coding that section of the launcher?

If you have a 4 core processors, they are actually numbered 0-1-2-3 on the computer side, if you bind it to 4 on the SoD patched it will say 3 in your task manager.

If thats not what your referencing, then I don't know what to tell you.

Aside from that, there are known performance issues with using any processor over the second one, probably because its an archaic client we use and its from a time when 2 processors was essentially a brand spankin new idea

The "sodpatcher" that sets the affinity is not a **** product but an SoD product. I realize that internal the processors are labeled from 0-3; the launcher only allows you to pick 1-4, my premise is that there was a programmer mistake when selecting processor 4. If this is the case then it's a very easy fix. Does anyone else have a processor monitor running and notice the last processor is impossible to select?

Back
Top Bottom