sod patcher & eq switch

Anti Eh

Dalayan Elder
Not really sure how open the patch source is
but curious if there might be any interest in either
A> adding a box on main patch program to be able to change your EQWSwitch=option
B> changing the default EQWSwitch=option that comes with the patcher when it downloads?/creates eqw.ini

Alt tab kills groups/raids. I think making this option of switching between clients more available/widely known/easily accessible, Would not only decrease players fustrations and fears of boxing but would also promote players to be able to kill stuff rather then idleing lfg.

thoughts?
i only ask cause its sooooooooooo much better then alt tabing , but seems peeps are usualy scared to try it.

Yeah, most are afraid to go looking for the file to change the hey to swap boxes, of forget by the time they log off to go look for it.

I support this idea.

i kept mine default. iirc
its control alt S (or alt s)
but i then bound it to one of the rarely used buttons on my mouse and can switch between characters like a hot knife through warm butter.

alt s will bring up\remove your spell bar. I did ctrl-alt-S for a while, but got tired of removing the spell bar instead of flipping clients. What I REALLY got tired of was running my healer into combat on accident. Switched to ~. Doing good since.

I just recently bound my eqswitch to a button on my mouse as well. Mouse died two days later. Not blaming the binding, just pointing out my horrific luck.

Call me a noob if you like (I'm used to it), but how do you bind it to the middle mouse button?!?

With a mouse that has the software with which you can bind keyboard controls. Hope I dont run the risk of Tao dropping the macro-hammer on me, as it was a forum topic a few months back. But I dont think this qualifies.

And it's usually not the middle mouse button, it's a designated program button aside form the standard buttons.

yup

got excited when clicked Yes upgrade this patcher today..
but no EQWSwitch=option , option .. sad days.

Very Old Bump but I still think its a Great idea. and Seemed the patcher was easy to update eh?
Curious if there could be an option to add your EQSWITCH=Hotkey to the eqw option.
alot of people Alt Tab cause they dont know about this option. =/

Back
Top Bottom