SoD on an Intel Mac?

Twangin

Dalayan Beginner
Ive tried to search the fourms about this topic with not much success, I was wondering if anyone here has been able to run SoD off of a dualbooted mac? And if so any problems that you may have encountered.... I really want to try SoD out but want to make sure its going to work on my macbook! Any infoz would be much appreciated!!

I'm able to run SoD fairly well under Parallels on my iMac so i imagine it should work ok under bootcamp on a macbook. I don't think the graphic card requirements are all that demanding.

I use bootcamp on my macbook pro. Works just fine. I did this after trying other programs first just so i didnt have to load another os. If you're ok with doing it, its the best way to play.

what are the specs on your imac if you dont mind me asking?

24 inch/core 2 duo 2.4 ghz/3 gig/ATI HD2600 with about 2 gig allocated to the VM.
With old models and the detail turned down a bit i can 2box just fine.

Ill have to loat bootcamp tonight and give it a try, thanks for the infos!!

idk about the rest of these guys, but if you're going to run full FX with new toons. YOU WILL OVERHEAT... alot.

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro i7 2.67ghz 4gb ram, 512mb ati etc... I run bootcamp and play. I freeze and comp crashes or overheats 3 or 4+ times a day. Whether dual boxing or not. I even have an external laptop pad with usb powered fans in it and I use cputemp app to control the fan speed at max. The game runs amazing on it... until it overheats and you have to manually shut the system down and reboot.

Apple did recently release a new EFI firmware that decreased the problem to not occur as much and it does seem to be helping but I still crash regularly 3 or 4 times a day.

Best of luck to you and if you get it to stop crashing please let me know how!

EDIT* I DID however just recently find this software and haven't bothered installing it yet. http://sourceforge.net/projects/lubbofancontrol/

But people claim to have amazing results when using this fan speed controller in combination with their Macbooks and bootcamp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom