SOD marketing - why not steam?

Ludovician

Dalayan Elder
Just a thought - has anyone ever looked into getting shards listed as a community mod on the steam store?

I don’t know the logistics of it completely, but there are some standalone mods that have their own dedicated store pages (vs a community workshop page under Everquest, in this case)

Example: https://store.steampowered.com/app/976620/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories_Special_Edition/

If shards was listed as a free to play game on steam, you’d see quite a bit of traffic around here. I’m sure you’d have to do some work to how the game is launched, and again I don’t know how realistic that is.

I also obviously am out of the loop on legalities with whoever owns EQ these days. Maybe you’ve thought of this idea years ago and I’m just behind and dumb.

I put a free to play game on steam a few years ago, and it’s not half as good as shards, and I’ve had over 6k downloads and I see hundreds of page hits per month.

Henceforth I’d like this idea referred to as “the ludo solution”. Thanks and nice chatting!

Just a thought - has anyone ever looked into getting shards listed as a community mod on the steam store?

I don’t know the logistics of it completely, but there are some standalone mods that have their own dedicated store pages (vs a community workshop page under Everquest, in this case)

Example: https://store.steampowered.com/app/976620/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories_Special_Edition/

If shards was listed as a free to play game on steam, you’d see quite a bit of traffic around here. I’m sure you’d have to do some work to how the game is launched, and again I don’t know how realistic that is.

I also obviously am out of the loop on legalities with whoever owns EQ these days. Maybe you’ve thought of this idea years ago and I’m just behind and dumb.

I put a free to play game on steam a few years ago, and it’s not half as good as shards, and I’ve had over 6k downloads and I see hundreds of page hits per month.

Henceforth I’d like this idea referred to as “the ludo solution”. Thanks and nice chatting!
I played ludos game and it was fun

Back
Top Bottom