Slow-mo on my new laptop

JackRoses

Dalayan Beginner
Tried to get some help from the guild mates here but I'm not making much progress. It'll go 2 days without doing this, but then it'll kick up again, despite restart, re-speccing my graphics settings, whatever.

At it's best it's alternately too-fast and too-slow movement of my toon and other models. At it's worst, I was in the Great Divide and my pet and I were literally flying apart and the parts were spinning.

My graphics card is an ATI Radeon; I know they're not always the most EQ friendly. I've tried EQ playnice both on AND off, graphics settings at various level, bind affinity on and off, etc, but I'd really like the opinion of someone with a little more experience than my nutty experimenting.

The really irritating thing is I'll try something and I'll think it's fixed but it'll start up again a few hours later. Makes tweaking it this way and that difficult.

2 gigs of ram, dual core 1.8 ghz AMD athlon 64 x2 processor, ATI radeon express graphics card, running vista

Sounds like dual-core bug? On the SoD Patcher window make sure to select Bind Affinity to Processor (and select 1 or 2).

anyone find a fix to this? I'm have a similar issue tried binding to a single proccessor etc etc. However I can't make it into the game. I just crash to server select when i hit enter from char select. my toon rotates at a gazzilion mph

i had a similar issue when i was first playing with a linux install -- fixed it by getting the right direct x libraries set up --- no clue if that's where your problem is though.

Back
Top Bottom