Skill Mods

Skill mods on items increase your skill in the usual way you'd expect, so an item with a Tracking mod will increase your tracking range and a Dual Wield mod will help Dual Wield to fail less.
What is not to understand in this post?

I mean maybe I'm overlooking something here, but +Block makes you block better, +Parry makes you parry better and +Riposte makes you riposte more often.

I think everyone is trying to squeeze the ratio formula out of staff. But I think a cool answer would be is do mods benefit above +25

Also I feel it's believed widely that mods. Might do something special why others not so special for example the over haste mod I believe it's double attack?

I mean maybe I'm overlooking something here, but +Block makes you block better, +Parry makes you parry better and +Riposte makes you riposte more often.
dual wield mod is supposed to give haste per worn point. otherwise people just want to know how much betterer it makes you do those things because if its miniscule then we know hey, don't need those mods

Okay let me try again: except for the skills listed in the first post, overcap skillmods do EXACTLY what a point in the associated skill does. No special effects.

Giving out exact formulas isn't mine to do, sorry. Bug Slaariel for this kind of information (at your own risk!).

That to say the very least helped me nwaij thanks i think im just terrible at reading comprehension :)

Potentially stupid question incoming:

Haste has no cap in SoD, at least according to wiki. Bard haste is considered over cap as do some clicky haste effects. Is this just a misunderstanding on my side?
Oh and I dont want numbers. :)

Haste comes with 3 flavours: Worn/Item, Spell, and Bard/Overcap. You can have all these hastes at the same time, and they stack, but only the highest of each branch counts.

Lots actually.

As you may recall from a thread about pants (post #5 was my favorite btw) apparently linear skill gains can have massive or minimal effects, especially in the 250 range where most of those defense mods would be doing their work. If offense is the template then we might surmise that +dodge is spectacular for hybrids (taking them from 225 to the 250 promise land) or might work in an entirely different way. I thought that maybe staff could enlighten us instead of some player doing hundreds of hours of potentially flawed parsing to arrive at a guess.

Also, sometimes changes get made without any patch notes. Sometimes changes get made without any type of thread discussing them. Sometimes there are threads which leave more than a few questions unanswered. I entertained the idea that maybe defense mods had extra effects like the mods in the OP and nobody bothered to mention it.

Yes, they help the skill and increase the chance. It was posted somewhere before but the order in which make the biggest difference:
1) Block / Dodge
2) Parry
3) Riposte

The reason I think the order of effectiveness of these from the previous post besides being pointed out in effectiveness by staff is because that is the order of highest % chance to happen. So if you increase the skill level of those skills thus increasing the effectiveness of that skill. Here is an example of how I THINK it works.
Assume block/dodge skill is 10% of all incoming attacks and +20 skill mods gives a 10% increase in the skill. This would then give you a 11% chance to block/dodge thus an overall gain of 1% avoidance.
Assume Parry skill is 5% of all incoming attacks and +20 skill mods gives a 10% increase to the skill. This would then give you an a 5.5% chance to parry, thus an overall gain of 0.5% avoidance.

From my extensive parsing when I was tanking lots of different things I somewhat remember misses being around 35% of avoidance block/dodge avoidance being around 30% of all avoidance, parry around 20% and riposte less than 10%.

The reason I think the order of effectiveness of these from the previous post besides being pointed out in effectiveness by staff is because that is the order of highest % chance to happen. So if you increase the skill level of those skills thus increasing the effectiveness of that skill. Here is an example of how I THINK it works.
Assume block/dodge skill is 10% of all incoming attacks and +20 skill mods gives a 10% increase in the skill. This would then give you a 11% chance to block/dodge thus an overall gain of 1% avoidance.
Assume Parry skill is 5% of all incoming attacks and +20 skill mods gives a 10% increase to the skill. This would then give you an a 5.5% chance to parry, thus an overall gain of 0.5% avoidance.

From my extensive parsing when I was tanking lots of different things I somewhat remember misses being around 35% of avoidance block/dodge avoidance being around 30% of all avoidance, parry around 20% and riposte less than 10%.
i think we are on the same track i parsed with onn tier items. i did parry mod vs no parry mods. i found that at 25 more parry skill i avoided 3% more attacks out of 250 swings with just taking the parry skill into effect.

Haste comes with 3 flavours: Worn/Item, Spell, and Bard/Overcap. You can have all these hastes at the same time, and they stack, but only the highest of each branch counts.

Actually there are 4 types of haste:
  1. Worn/Item
  2. Spell - this includes basic bard haste
  3. Illusion haste - things like vah back and boon of vulfwere
  4. Overhaste - mostly from bard songs, some clickies too

What does +offense do exactly?
Does comp str work on swarm pets?
Is there a limit to how much haste will modify backstab damage?

Back
Top Bottom