Skill Mods

jumbers

Administrator
Staff member
Skill mods on items increase your skill in the usual way you'd expect, so an item with a Tracking mod will increase your tracking range and a Dual Wield mod will help Dual Wield to fail less. Certain skill mods, however, have added special bonuses to them.

The following skill mods have an additional bonus while equipped other than their normal increases. This applies regardless of whether you have the skill or not. All of the bonuses below are per point.

• Abjuration: 0.5% increase to rune effects (physical and magical) on your character
  • Alteration: 0.2% increase to Heal spells and Lifetap damage
  • Channeling: 1% chance to resist stun
  • Conjuration: 0.2% increase to Pet damage and Damage over Time spells
  • Divination: -0.1% resist chance
  • Double Attack: 1% chance for an extra melee swing with the primary hand
  • Dual Wield: 1% haste
  • Evocation: 0.2% increase to Direct Damage and Bane Damage spells

Are the double attack mods a solid 1% due to how much there isnt currently avail or is it because of the unacceptability to make the build on par with the current .XX builds. What im getting at is i see the tother skill mods more to obtain a solid % threshold. Or am i looking at it wrong.

The mods that have 1% on them are 1% because anything decimal amounts would be rounded down to the next lowest whole integer, so in the case of a 0.2% Channeling mod increase, it would be rounded to 0. As a result, those same skill mods are much rarer on gear since they do more per point.

Are these mods only effected when added on gear or do any points over cap give you these bonuses?

Last edited:
Sorry I asked that the wrong way.

For non level caped chars.
Level 6 druid with 35 abjuration and has
Amulet of Living Wood
MAGIC ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: NECK
AC: 2
Skill Mod: Abjuration +10 (Does this still give 2% healing?)
STR: +3 WIS: +3
WT: 1.0 Size: SMALL
Class: DRU
Race: ALL

What about a level 65 druid with only 224 Abjuration?

What I'm asking is does the player receive the skill bonuses if they are not caped and or do not have the ability to get the skill at all?

While on the subject of skill mods can we disclose the benefits of other skill mods like Block, Parry.... ect?

Last edited:
While on the subject of skill mods can we disclose the benefits of other skill mods like Block, Parry.... ect?

It's in the OP-

Skill mods on items increase your skill in the usual way you'd expect, so an item with a Tracking mod will increase your tracking range and a Dual Wield mod will help Dual Wield to fail less.

The only ones that do anything different are the ones specifically listed.

Ok got yah so its as simple as it sounds. It gives you + 10 abjuration as far as spell failure is concerned and a BONUS 2% healing

Double tested with my 55 Druid(Melport):
Alteration doesnt seem to work,heal is always 1972,with or without +(8)alteration gear.

The mods that have 1% on them are 1% because anything decimal amounts would be rounded down to the next lowest whole integer, so in the case of a 0.2% Channeling mod increase, it would be rounded to 0. As a result, those same skill mods are much rarer on gear since they do more per point.

Just to be sure, does the rounding down to the next lowest integer apply only to those listed with a full % and the others with partials actually give partial %s? (i.e. - would a +3 evo mod have any use if that was the only evo you had?) or do they all round down, so in the cases of abj, alt, evo, conj, div you'd actually need at least a 5 mod (or whatever depending on which to get you up to a full%) on a char without those skills (i.e. a monk) before it was worth bothering?

Only the ones I listed are rounded down because of the way they do their math. Anything with partial percentages work at those partial percentages.

It's possible it only works at level 60+ with the skill's cap at its max of 250, or that your alteration skill isn't maxed for your level.

Does the extra swing from Double Attack count as its own round and as a result have a chance to trigger procs?

No, it acts like the swings you get from the double attack skill in that it will not recursively generate more melee swings, nor will it trigger procs.
Okay, thanks for the clarification!

Last edited:
Does the extra swing from Double Attack count as its own round and as a result have a chance to trigger procs?

No, it acts like the swings you get from the double attack skill in that it will not recursively generate more melee swings, nor will it trigger procs.

Back
Top Bottom