Shrouded Isle

lotox

Dalayan Beginner
Noted the guy outside wanted canine fangs from the spectral wolves (Mansion canines) inside, However there never seems to be ANY drop from these at all.

When i went there they would drop off of the wolves that roam around outside of the mansion, i forget their exact names but i found a few.

Hunted outside and inside the mansion with my lowbie cleric. Wolves on the outside would occasionally have a fang. Never got a fang from a wolf on the inside of the mansion.

Is there any level requirement for this quest or can I just collect the fangs and give them to the guy outside at dubious?

Mangy Dogs in the Newport Sewers drop canine fangs. There's a group of five of them huddled around a dead rat somewhere, but I forget the exact loc.

I know that canines from Shrouded Isle dogs are named "spectral canine". Are the ones in NP sewers the same or are they maybe "dog canine"?
Cause I remember having some dogs' when I was low-lvl and I've never been in Shrouded till yesterday :eek:

Fangs from the undead hounds are labeled as spectral I think. Only these work with this quest and are not terribly common. I found the best strategy is to clear it all so more dogs pop. Noble's drop rings fairly commonly (1 in 3 or so) and they are nice for XP, about same for a 4 ring turn in as killing 3-4 mobs DB at 29.

I increased the droprate of the canines ever so slightly, though they were at the same rate as the noble rings previously, not sure why you saw them as being more uncommon. This should take effect next server reboot. I'm also going to be increasing the xp for turning them in slightly, which will take effect as soon as I can get the quest updated serverside.

Edit: It should be updated with the new exp values. I went ahead and updated the xp rewarded across the board for all three of the quests he offers.

I probably found the nobles rings more common since there are something like 20 nobles up at a time VS 3-4 canines. matter of perspective. By not seeing canines, it seems far lower maybe?

I would say that the canines in the mansion should drop fangs too. There arent alot of them in there and they are higher level. I would think that this would justify a drop rate 1.5x higher for them maybe?

Back
Top Bottom