Shroud of unforgiving

futur3

Dalayan Adventurer
shroudoftheunforgivingro3.jpg

from Caverns is pretty useless now, that mana conservation is only 1% per rank. Caverns are above PoA, PoT, PoW tiers and this piece of loot does not reflect that.

Compared to

Code:
Deep Water Mantle
[MAGIC ITEM][LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Slot: SHOULDERS
AC: 15
Effect: Flowing Thought I (Worn)
Focus Effect: Companion Health VI
STA: +15 WIS: +18 INT: +18 CHA: +15 HP: +130 MANA: +135
Stun Resist: +1%
WT: 2.3 Size: MEDIUM
Class: CLR DRU SHM WIZ NEC MAG ENC
Race: ALL
Slot 1; Type: 5
from PoA

Code:
Shawl of Flowing Currents
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
AC: 14
STA: +15 DEX: +10 WIS: +18 INT: +18 CHA: +12 HP: +25
MANA: +125
WT: 0.8 Size: MEDIUM
Class: CLR DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Slot 1 Type 5

Code:
Mantle of the forest
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
AC: 16
Effect: Spikecoat (Must Wear Clicky, 10.0)
Focus Effect: Mana Conservation V
STR: +12 STA: +12 CHA: +15 WIS: +10 INT: +10 HP: +100 MANA: +75
WT: 0.5 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Slot 1, type 5:

Code:
Corpse-rune Spaulders
AC: 19
Effect: Flowing Thought II (Worn)
STA: +5 AGI: +5 WIS: +9 INT: +9 HP: +80 MANA: +80
Damage Reduction: +3
Weight: 4.1 Size: Small
Class: CLR PAL RNG SHD DRU BRD SHM BST

Code:
Amice of Seclusion
AC: 10
Effect: Cloak of Seclusion (Must Wear Clicky)
STA: +10 CHA: +17 HP: +75 MANA: +115
SV FIRE: +10 SV MAGIC: +15
Weight: 0.3 Size: Small
Class: CLE DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC

I suggest adding 40mana ,11 cha and some resists to it.

Mythryn said:
How is mana cons useless?
because with mana con5, the number are so low its rediculous. If you have a 1k mana pool, and you have a 50 mana spell, you cast now cast it 21 times instead of 20. Thats not "useless". Its just incredibly trivial

I think the Shroud of the Unforgiving could use 18 cha and +10 mr/cr or something and it would be sweet. That or having mc lowered by 1% and added ft1.

There's an earring piece form Plane of Water with mc6 (Tear of Tarhanasar mc6, same hp, 20 mana less, 20 more cr, 15 cha instead of 11 str) and as far as I know, PoW is supposed to be PoA difficulty all the way up to Vansiathi.
I think clearing Sepulcher and getting into CoD should result in a little upgrade of this item.
Amice of Seclusion from the easiest mob in Sepulcher has only 20 mana less, 10 mr, 15 fr, 17 cha more, which is not bad for casters, who are most likely more suitable to wear CoD shroud than hybrids, even though it doesn't have excellent stats for neither.

There's plenty of mana conservation 4+ items you would most likely obtain before this item.

The items they are talking about are off a mob that is harder than avatar of air and slightly easier than blissfull. Its the final boss of the zone and I would say is around OP lvl.

That being said if you look at the heirarchy of mantles I really think that although the water mantle is powerful its in line with being a step beyond the WR mantle, corpse mantle and especially mantle of the forest (go go 60 mana in augs). I think with the mana conservation change the shroud of the unforgiving wouldnt hurt from a relooksie.

That being said if you have a reason the adjudicator loot is overpowered other than that I would have no problem considering changing it. Just keep in mind its the final boss of the zone and is above arbitor of air. Its loot reflects that.

guyvertoo said:
Maybe there is an issue with pow loot being overpowered for its level?

As stated before by someone else, the Shawl of Flowing Currents is most likely needs a downgrade. It has made item designing shoulders a challenge without continually overpowering the ones thereafter.

guyvertoo said:
Maybe there is an issue with pow loot being overpowered for its level?

I think this might also be the case. I'd have to stare at alot of loot for a long period of time to get some finalization but i'll try and list some examples.

That being said if you have a reason the adjudicator loot is overpowered other than that I would have no problem considering changing it. Just keep in mind its the final boss of the zone and is above arbitor of air. Its loot reflects that.

While he may be statistically harder then AoA, 1 person not paying attention on arbiter can wipe the entire raid. The level of attention and skill required for AoA is, in my opinion, way higher then the level of attention and skill required to complete the Abjudicator encounter. AoA also must be won in a set ammount of time due to the unavoidable mana drain. The clear to AoA is also WAY more of a pain in the ass then the clear to Adjudicator, and while Abdujicator may be in actuality a longer clear, it's a clear rampant with boss encounters and sellable loot dropping trash mobs. The frequency of the trash drops in PoW is also far higher from what experiance I have with the zone then its Air counterpart.

As for a "to get things started" loot comparison. Here is the progression of tank breastplate stats in order of obtainability, going from Tortured Plate (PoT trash) -> King Rymaz -> Abjudicator -> and Ending at Mirror Golems.

--

Tortured Plate Bulwark
45ac
5str, 15sta, 5agi, 5dex, 8wis, 8int, 75hp,
10sv pr, 10sv dr

Dropped from random trash in Plane of Torment
Rarity: Uncommon.
Accessability: Zone in. Kill the torhogs.

--

Stormbreaker Plate
58ac
10str, 25sta, 5wis, 5int, 100hp, 50mana,
10sv all.

Dropped from King Rymaz Sunbane, entry level raid encounter
Rarity: Super Short-Bus Retard-Crew Rare. Can easily go 10+ kills without ever seeing it. The BP is on a seperate loottable that the king only drops on occasions, also when he DOES drop a BP, it has the possiblity of being Leather Chain or Plate
Accessability: 30 Minute clear tops to him from zone in.

--

Combine Platemail Breastplate
60ac
Effect: Blessing of the Combine
15str, 15sta, 8agi, 10wis, 10int, 8chr, 160hp, 140mana,
15sv mr fr cr, 5sv pr dr

Quested from Prison
Rarity: Need Ally Giant/Dragon Faction (long timesink), Need Normal Gems, Get First set of armor (Aged Runic BP another huge Timesink). Then you need NDHK/Storms Eye Gems (more timesink), Get second armor. Farm gems in OP (really rare). or farm gems in IP (common, but you're already passed mirror golems). Turn in the Prison Gems with your Ornate Draconic or Stormforged Armor and BLAMO combine.
Accessability: holy mother of god timesink :(

--

Plate of Judgement
60ac
Effect: Freezing Blast
20str, 25sta, 20agi, 20dex, 145hp, 90mana
30sv cr
Damage reduction +3
Aggression +3

Dropped from Abjudicator of the Depths. End boss of Plane of Water, Debatably 1/2 to 1 tier above Plane of Air.
Rarity: Saw one drop on the third kill. No idea on the percentage of this drop. I would HOPE it would be pretty rare.
Accessibility: End boss of Plane of Water, Takes about as long to clear as air. Alot more worthwhile bosses to hit along the way.

--

Reflective Plate of Confoundment
65ac
Effect: Mirror Shield
30str, 30sta, 20agi, 20dex, 15wis, 15int, 165hp, 100mana
35mr
Damage Reduction: +8

Dropped from Mirror Golems, the second to last boss in Outer Prison. Mirror Golems in comparison to Abjudicator are infinatly harder and complex. There is no comparison.
Rarity: Super Rare. Steel has killed them tons of times and only seen two.
Accessibility: 15 minute clearish to get to them.

--

The Differance between Mirror BP and Plate of Confoundment?
5ac, 5sta, 20hp, 5 damage reduction
35mr instead of 30cr
self Rune proc instead of a 110dd stun proc
you also LOSE +3 aggression going to mirror bp.

There are other points to be made about the comparison between the PoW bp and the combine BP, along with the rest, but I'll leave that to others to discuss.

This isn't just about one item though.

I would have to look at more loot tables, but from what ive seen thus far from both zones, I am failing to see any reason whatsoever that a guild would want to progress and gear inside the Sepulcher of Darkness, other then to get keyed for CoD. The zone is infinatly harder than its wet counterpart and the loot pales in comparison. At this very moment in time water is squelching out the former methods of advancment by offering better loot in ALL CATEGORIES for players to obtain. There is absolutly no reason to raid any other zone at that teir besides water. The ammount of upgrades on all slots is staggering. The difficulity is not as hard as it has been made out to be.

Please reply to the PoW discussion in this thread: http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forum/index.php?topic=12120.0

Sepulcher seems to be a trivial zone with the new loot that has been added with water. The only reason to do sepulcher imo is to get CoD keyed. Thats said maybe the encounters that drop the PoW loot need to be buffed, if not then a nerf to most items across the board. The Deep Water mantle could arguably be considered better for pet classes then the Flowing crimson shawl(drops in Thaz Tower). I would really like to Raid PoW to get a better feel for how hard the encounters really are. It just seems the advancement in sepulcher is trivialized, and It makes progression to CoD and OP way to easy.

PoW
Deep Water Mantle
AC: 15
Focus Effect: Companion Health VI
STA: +15 WIS: +18 INT: +18 CHA: +15 HP: +130 MANA: +135
Stun Resist: +1%
WT: 2.3 Size: MEDIUM
Class: CLR DRU SHM WIZ NEC MAG ENC

Thaz Tower
Flowing Crimson Shawl
AC: 18
STA: +14 INT: +17 CHA: +22 HP: +125 MANA: +185
WT: 1.8 Size: SMALL
Class: WIZ NEC MAG ENC

Shroud of the Unforgiving is probably due an upgrade because of the change to Mana Cons, yes. Flowing Crimson Shawl, on the other hand, probably won't see an upgrade because of other items available in Thazeran's. You can Fomelo Awardis to see what I'm talking about.

Xeldan said:
Shroud of the Unforgiving is probably due an upgrade because of the change to Mana Cons, yes. Flowing Crimson Shawl, on the other hand, probably won't see an upgrade because of other items available in Thazeran's. You can Fomelo Awardis to see what I'm talking about.
yee, the point is definitely not asking for an upgrade to thaz loot based on the new stuff coming out of low level PoW, the point is to demonstrate how imbalanced the risk vs. reward is on PoW loot.

Back
Top Bottom