Should I come back?

Superindeed

Dalayan Beginner
Been playing SoD on and off for years, played a bit last year but dropped off due to IRL stuff. I'd really like to start from scratch on some fresh characters, hit up all the adepts etc. Eventually hit 60, get into raiding, but I'm concerned about the end game. I have two previous 65's I played with Goon Squad years ago, but didn't really get to experience much raiding or end game besides hanging out with some ringers and beating stuff up.

My concern is if I come back, hit 65, am I going to hit a wall? I've seen several posts saying how much of a nightmare is for a fresh level 65 to do anything without help. While I enjoy grouping and raiding, I do enjoy being self sufficient and being able to gear myself, etc.

What's a good duo to box for being self sufficient, dungeon crawling, questing, etc? My previous characters were a Beastlord/Druid, so I'd like to avoid them if possible. I enjoy playing melee dps

Any other advice? What's the state of the various staging of the game looking like? How's the economy? Am I over thinking everything?

Last edited:
Been playing SoD on and off for years, played a bit last year but dropped off due to IRL stuff. I'd really like to start from scratch on some fresh characters, hit up all the adepts etc. Eventually hit 60, get into raiding, but I'm concerned about the end game. I have two previous 65's I played with Goon Squad years ago, but didn't really get to experience much raiding or end game besides hanging out with some ringers and beating stuff up.

My concern is if I come back, hit 65, am I going to hit a wall? I've seen several posts saying how much of a nightmare is for a fresh level 65 to do anything without help. While I enjoy grouping and raiding, I do enjoy being self sufficient and being able to gear myself, etc.

What's a good duo to box for being self sufficient, dungeon crawling, questing, etc? My previous characters were a Beastlord/Druid, so I'd like to avoid them if possible. I enjoy playing melee dps

Any other advice? What's the state of the various staging of the game looking like? How's the economy? Am I over thinking everything?

Hey man hit me up if you decide to play. I have been wanting to start fresh with someone to do all the content in the game with, including the leveling adepts and the endgame 6 man content. Let me know if something like that interest you.

You do you man. If you have any questions let us know, but we can't tell you what to enjoy. Best of luck. Send me a tell if you see me in game and have questions.

You do you man. If you have any questions let us know, but we can't tell you what to enjoy. Best of luck. Send me a tell if you see me in game and have questions.

Fair enough. Ended up patching and jumping in last night with Lantherion, took down level 1 adepts for a couple hours. :cool:

I would advise getting all the loot from the 1-20 adepts before you level. They are very easy to kill with the adept characters (log in information found on the wiki). This gear will make leveling much more easy, if that is what you wish to do.

Yep that's the plan so far, lots of level locking. I'm hoping we can continue to take down adepts after 20 with two boxes.

Many of the 20-27 ones, can be done with 2-4 chars (thanks to Draist and Grinkles).

At 30+ many of the new ones start to get really hard from my experience, the giant ape in Mistwoods took 6 community chars and 2 twinks.

Back
Top Bottom