Shards of Dalaya - Review

" Classes for the most part will remain the same as Clerics , Shamans and Druids Heal. Your tanking classes would be Warrior, Paladin and Shadow Knight. Finally the DPS set would be Magicians, Wizards, Rangers, Monks, Beastlords, Rogues, and Enchanters. You might notice that I missed one particular class and that would be Bard. Bard will still remain as the little bit of everything class."

rip necros

good review green bars inc

quote Nebi:
"gone are the days of being able to do anything if you don’t have a maxed out character."
Wrong,there are still some perma 55s and the adept hunter guild.

quote Nebi:
"Finding groups for that fresh 65 is going to be tough. "
True ... if you rush through the game.

quote Nebi
"... at least T6 set of gear. ..."
I dont think outsiders understand the term "T6".

quote Nebi
"If you want to play on this server you will literally be forced to find someone to leech off of."
Wow,way to push newbies in the wrong direction.

quote Nebi:
" Staph Infection..."
Making the pretended slow xp gain responsible for the population is totally wrong
and comparing it with the grind on live as it was in the early days
gives people interesting to give Sod a try a completly wrong impression.
Saw more than one player making *several* 65s with +250 AAs in a few months.

quote Nebi:
"Unfortunately the staff seems to have finished working on content for the higher end raiders and you will
find yourself raiding the same mobs over and over"
Remember SoD is free and for that it has incredbily content which can entertain one for years
if you dont take the lame routes of leeching and using ringers.
If something is wrong than it is the staff tolerating this leeching and using ringer crap
shooting themselves in the knee if their goal is to get as much players as possible.

quote Nebi:
" The client is an old antiquated client"
Just to make it clear it is NOT the client with a fixed 640*480 3D window from 1998. :)
Aside the dated graphics (from a today's perspective) it is fine imho,newbies might even
be overwhelmed by the grade of customizing possible,not to mention the possibilty of
using outside UIs or even make your own UI pieces.

Overall I think your review is way too negative,focusing on stuff that is contested,
great features like all the newbie quests introduced lately or the Bounty system
didnt get a syllable.As much as I have to critisize sometimes to outsiders I always
recommened SoD as the *only* EQ emu worth playing it.The *real* grind is p99,just
getting levels and no AAs,how boring,I always wonder why it has a multitude of players
than SoD.

Ulandx: The bounty system became worthless after the bane nerf. Unless you want a thurg gate, but why you would who knows.

EXP pots don't count, the time it takes to get tokens to buy one I can farm exp mobs for more exp then the the pot can generate.

The author comes off as very bitter. There are so many things about Shards that is great and should be mentioned. It seems more like a bitch session. I'm glad you pointed out the adept system and the 18 man portion. But, complaining over and over about the staff is where I lost interest and where I stop considering it a legitimate review.
If your intent was to create a review simply to air your grievances towards the GMs then the review succeeds. If it was to be non-partial and a serious review then it fails.

The author comes off as very bitter. There are so many things about Shards that is great and should be mentioned. It seems more like a bitch session. I'm glad you pointed out the adept system and the 18 man portion. But, complaining over and over about the staff is where I lost interest and where I stop considering it a legitimate review.
If your intent was to create a review simply to air your grievances towards the GMs then the review succeeds. If it was to be non-partial and a serious review then it fails.

I kind of have to agree that this is not a very good review. Sorry Deein! :(

While I think that some of the gripes about SoD are covered well, I think there is a lot of material that was not covered. 6 mans, deity augs, 3 main faction, main quest, alignment, bounties, transportation (mop/gate necks), etc.

Last edited:
I kind of have to agree that this is not a very good review. Sorry Deein! :(

While I think that some of the gripes about SoD are covered well, I think there is a lot of material that was not covered. 5 mans, deity augs, 3 main faction, main quest, alignment, bounties, transportation (mop/gate necks), etc.

Man, I've totally been missing out on 5 mans. Why has noone told me about these? Also, Deein doesn't quest, just saying. :)

No worries. Again i posted this as I started before as someone who has played here for a really long time so my experience with the low end is very limited (I addressed this). My stance on the actual staff is exactly how i stated. There are a couple of people who I think are terrible and the rest of them are fine. The rest of the "staff" bashing was due to the communication the staff has with the player base (I know slaariel has an open door policy in game and that is pretty sweet.) The issues with interactions with player and staff were mainly from the suggestions and requests forum.

- I will however update the thing to mention 6 man targets as that is an important thing i missed.
- In my opinion the bounty system has been turned into nothing more than a gate neck farm. If i were to touch on this subject it would have to be considered only negative
- I will also go into quests such as vah and factions. (diety quests is stupid because the quests themselves are just dumb. Farming a million green mobs to get more in line with your diety is just stupid. Also the enthann aug gives you no chaotic hits at all)

- In my opinion the bounty system has been turned into nothing more than a gate neck farm. If i were to touch on this subject it would have to be considered only negative

You're forgetting about the Seeds that every new play should get as soon as possible.

(diety quests is stupid because the quests themselves are just dumb. Farming a million green mobs to get more in line with your diety is just stupid. Also the enthann aug gives you no chaotic hits at all)
Thats faction quests (CS, BS, CoI), not deity quests. AAnd the enthaann aug quest predaates aall other deity quests and the time when alignment hits were included into them. (Pariah aug has no alignment hits whatsoever as well, because why should pariahs care...)

Thats faction quests (CS, BS, CoI), not deity quests. AAnd the enthaann aug quest predaates aall other deity quests and the time when alignment hits were included into them. (Pariah aug has no alignment hits whatsoever as well, because why should pariahs care...)

I like how this post corrects knowing which quests are broken / in need of updates or completely soul sucking wastes of time without any indication that these are things that should be, or ever will be, addressed.

diashan/nebis review being called bitter or biased on an old players part is spot on though, MANY of the old players quit for the very things he posted/reviewed as being negative.

I like how this post corrects knowing which quests are broken / in need of updates or completely soul sucking wastes of time without any indication that these are things that should be, or ever will be, addressed.

Not mine to decide.

Back
Top Bottom