Shaman Epic Possibly Broken

Denton

Dalayan Beginner
I am up to the part where i have to kill ancient treants to spawn a special large version of the ancient treant's in shadowdale. Being that there are no more ancient treants in shadowdale and they were not relocated, I cannot seem to find any way to spawn the tree for the final athame turn in. I have been killing treants in mistwoods, nbadlands, and the new higher level shadow treants in shadowdale for the past two days to no avail.

Maybe the mob could be changed to spawn off the shadow treants in shadow dale?

I seem to remember hearing something about new treants in Greater Faydark (new ones, not the old ones). In the absense of an official statement, you might try looking there.

This definitely seems like an issue we'll have to take care of if there are indeed no more ancient treants in Shadowdale.

Instead of spawning from ancient treants the tree could now spawn from Shadow Treants, that would be an easy fix no?

All aspects are the same for the most part , still the same zone and the same type of tree so the lore is all good there. Maybe the tree that spawns could be an Ancient Dark Wood, and stay within the lore of the quest. Would have to raise the spawn rate of him though imo, since he would spawn from dark blue to 65 mobs instead of from greenies.

This is the absolute last turn in I need before i can complete my epic so anything I can do to help you I'd be glad to do ! =)

I feel bad about making this post let me just state this upfront , I hate to be a bother but I cant help myself.

3 Amber Treant Rings and 21 Ancient Treant Leaves later no spawn, I know I am being paranoid but for some reason I either feel that it isnt working, for one reason or another, (these things are complicated beyond my understanding). I got the Efreeti Progenerator in about 50 Efreeti kills, the ancient render in about 15. I am not sure how many I have killed but I know to get 3 rings and 21 leaves it must be alot.

Normally, I would just accept the fact that it is rare and I am having a bit of bad luck, but due to the fact that it was broken before, I am paranoid in the sense that it might not be working at all.

If I had to guage how long I have spent on the entire quest itself and camping the treants alone I'd say I spent more time camping the treants.

Any response would be apreciated, thank you!

It was never broken. Shadow treants are just renamed ancient treants, they are the same mob.

Maybe my luck is bad, but in all honesty ive spent more time camping the treants than i have on the rest of the epic... Is this intended?

*edit*

I am not sure on the status of ancient treants but... There is only 9 shadow treant spawns on about a 30 minute timer so I dont know if that is different from how many ancient treants there used to be in shadowdale. Maybe that is a key difference?

If anyone knows anything about shadowdale pre update please let me know.

Denton said:
I am not sure on the status of ancient treants but... There is only 9 shadow treant spawns on about a 30 minute timer so I dont know if that is different from how many ancient treants there used to be in shadowdale. Maybe that is a key difference?

If anyone knows anything about shadowdale pre update please let me know.

That sounds about right, from what I remember pre changes. 5 static spawns that I can remember (2 at the druid ring, 2 on the wall, and 1 nearer the lake) and some that wandered. I'd have to go look at it to double check, but I can say with some confidence that if your shadow treants are dropping ancient treant leaves, then you've got the right ones.

Back
Top Bottom