Season 2 Event Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shards of Dalaya
Season 2 Event

Join us on Friday, December 24th at 4:00pm EST for our second Season Event. The season event will allow players to progress together through content for a limited time, earning exclusive rewards that can be transferred to standard play! Spend the next nine months shoulder-to-shoulder with your friends to earn your place on the Leaderboard!

How do I participate?
  • On Friday, December 24th at 4:00pm EST, everyone will be able to hail "The Registrar" in The Dream at level 1 to flag as a Seasonal Event character.
  • New or returning players be sure to check out our Installation Guide and Discord Community.
Haunted Zones
  • During your leveling experience, zones will become haunted by Marlow. Tormenting spirits will often bind to enemies in haunted zones, increasing their difficulty, but also rewarding players. All tormented mobs have a chance to drop Season Event currency. Rare spirits add powerful loot to their host.
  • Freeing spirits will unlock three purchasable rewards from the Season Event vendor.
    • All spirits count for one kill.
    • 100 kills - Bloated Head - Slots: Head, Face - Effect: Illusion: Bloat (Worn)
    • 200 kills - Nightmare Bangle - Slots: Wrist - Effect: Illusion: Bloat (Self)
    • 300 kills - Torment Shard - Effect: Illusion: Bloat (Target)
qDrQES9.png
New Zones Debuting
  • Filtration Chamber Six
    • The success of innovation...the erosion of time; the achievements of modern gnomish engineering. Underhill. Not many of the great cities of our time can boast as such. Still, many secrets of the "Old" Underhill remain long forgotten, buried in the remains of the past. Will the architecture of these first gnomes be discovered again? What dark secrets lie in wait for the ardent adventurer?
    • Filtration Chamber Six is the perfect starting zone for young gnomish adventurers seeking experience, exploration, quests, and most of all...gear! Intended for levels 5-30.
pdOE3xO.png
  • Morgue of Erudin
    • The City of Erudin. Home of the Erudites, scholars from far and wide, and bastion of knowledge. The people of Erudin treat their dead with respect, going as far as sealing away the morgue that houses them after burial. However, a recent outbreak of monsters within the morgue has led to Captain Utvoz calling for the aid of any brave and seasoned adventurers willing to lend a hand. Welcome to The Morgue of Erudin!
    • The Morgue of Erudin is an experience-focused dungeon for players to explore, designed for levels 35-50, with a level 50 (max. engage) Adept.
yDx1pjn.png
  • The River of Recess
    • The River of Recess, formerly not known to many, lies beyond the Darkwoods river and empties into the Rivervale waterfall. Some odd humanoid creatures have fled their homeland, settling down here in little encampments, hunting and fishing to survive. The Council of Innovation has also taken a liking to this place, founding a small settlement on the northern shore. Much awaits exploration.
    • The River of Recess is a custom built outdoor zone intended for players level 60+, with several quests and some boss encounters.
NPJzipp.png

Planar Weapon Models
  • No matter when you raided throughout Shards of Dalaya's history, there are weapons that are iconic to you. Season Event players who progress to raiding can unlock planar weapon models by slaying the most powerful foe in each raid zone. These models are purchased from the Season Event vendor.
7JCyqxz.png

What exclusive rewards can we earn?
  • Players will earn Season Event alternate currency as described:
    • 1 currency for leveling, levels 11 to 60.
    • 5 currency for levels 61 to 64.
    • 30 currency for gaining level 65.
    • 1 currency per AA gained.
    • 1 currency per completed quest, starting with the 4th completion.
    • 1 currency per tradeskill skillup, starting with the 22nd skillup.
    • 1 currency for each first time kill bonus.
  • A Season Event vendor can be found in major cities selling these items for the listed cost:
    • 25 currency - Ribbon of Recognition (Season 2)
      • This consumable item will award the player with 20 / 15 / 10 / 5 / 0 fame. (Diminishing returns per character)
    • 1 currency - Elixir of Minor Experience (10%)
    • 2 currency - Elixir of Moderate Experience (25%)
    • 4 currency - Elixir of Major Experience (50%)
    • Event specific weapon model tokens** (Displayed below)
  • Trading a weapon to the Season Event vendor will allow for the alteration of that weapon's model. Trading an altered weapon will reset the model and refund the token.
  • One-time rewards will be granted for the following:
    • 50 Fame - The first player of each class to reach level 65. One reward per person.
    • 75 Fame - The player who earns the most first time kill bonuses by season end.
    • 75 Fame - The player who completes the most quests by season end.
    • 100 Fame - The first player of each class level 65 Hardcore. One reward per person.
    • 100 fame - The player with the highest tradeskill across all tradeskills by season end.
  • Season characters may use the #rewardsend command to send Season Event alternate currency or weapon model tokens to other characters to enjoy season rewards with characters in standard play! Characters must share the same primary email.
    • If you are logging in using EQEmu login server, your Season character must be on the same account for #rewardsend to work. We do not have access to this information.
Can I still play with people not in the Season?
  • Season Event characters will share a server with standard play, but cannot interact directly with characters outside of the event (Hardcoded).
  • Chat is shared!
  • Season Event characters will merge into standard play at the end of the season.
What changes can we expect from Season 1?
  • Hardcore Level 65 Race will be added to the leaderboard page.
  • There are no Season restrictions on content. Players may hunt adepts, gear up in the Requiems, or progress through Ikisith during Season 2.
  • The listsold system will now work for seasonal players, operating separately from standard play. All items will seamlessly transition to standard at the end of the season.
  • We must still respect the spirit of the rules. Cheaters will be disqualified, including but not limited to: finding and/or abusing ways to interact with non-seasonal characters.
Season 2 Weapon Models
1 Hand Slash - 50 Currency

PoTw1zT.png

2 Hand Slash - 100 Currency
ORy8Fay.png

Piercing - 50 Currency
SB5tLem.png

1 Hand Blunt - 50 Currency
BORUAsd.png

2 Hand Blunt - 100 Currency
8fqazmS.png

Archery - 80 Currency
j6t7oi0.png

Shield - 50 Currency
mrh4f2N.png

2 Hand Pierce - 80 Currency
d8cioIs.png

Hand to Hand - 80 Currency
cmFknpF.png

**Weapon Model Tokens are not lore.

looking forward to seeing the drama from whatever group levels to 65 first as they brawl over the fame reward.

season looks cool though, I intend to play for the rewards

Can you claim both the first to 65 and first hardcore to 65 fame reward with one character?

So i slapped a discord together just to gauge interest and what not. Few things to note idk if I'm even going to play (at least raid or w/e) or what I'm going to do. If someone else that isn't a terrible person leads a guild or what not that'd probably be way more enticing to play.

Question, can I tag alts of my existing members who create seasonal characters in my existing guild? Obviously not to group with existing, trade, etc., since that is hard coded, but simply the tag for ease of swapping for raids, etc.?

Question, can I tag alts of my existing members who create seasonal characters in my existing guild? Obviously not to group with existing, trade, etc., since that is hard coded, but simply the tag for ease of swapping for raids, etc.?
Some are telling me this worked last season. (Id imagine Dalaya Beginners shares seasonal and standard also)

Sounds like a lot of work went into this season , Good job. Will the shield model not have my arm sticking through it like the last seasons model ? Last time I used token model on my thurgadin weapon it ate all my my non quest augs in it can that be fixed as well ? ( because thurg weapon models are just yuck )

Sounds like a lot of work went into this season , Good job. Will the shield model not have my arm sticking through it like the last seasons model ? Last time I used token model on my thurgadin weapon it ate all my my non quest augs in it can that be fixed as well ? ( because thurg weapon models are just yuck )
The shield model works well with old player models. Ill have to look into the augment thing.

Can you claim both the first to 65 and first hardcore to 65 fame reward with one character?
To answer this. All these rewards will be given once the season ends. If there are no other characters of your class at 65, then probably. If there is, then we would want to share the wealth.

Very cool, love these events, great way to play with the community again. Maybe ill try hardcore for fun. also hardcore deaths should leave a permanent ghost behind of that character to see where others have died. running past tupac 64 in mop would be funny. make it visible with see undead maybe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom