Sceptre of Control

Zapple

Dalayan Elder
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 31
DMG: 37
Effect: Control Destiny (Must Equip. Casting Time 1.0)
STA: +10 CHA:+20 WIS: +15 INT: +15 HP: +125 MANA: +145
SV FIRE: +16 SV DISEASE: +16 SV POISON: +16
Recommended level of 65.
Weight: 1.5 Size: SMALL
Class: CLR DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: ALL

You can't actually equip it in secondary even though it's listed as usable in secondary slot.

[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 31
DMG: 37
Effect: Control Destiny (Must Equip. Casting Time 1.0)
STA: +10 CHA:+20 WIS: +15 INT: +15 HP: +125 MANA: +145
SV FIRE: +16 SV DISEASE: +16 SV POISON: +16
Recommended level of 65.
Weight: 1.5 Size: SMALL
Class: CLR DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: ALL

You can't actually equip it in secondary even though it's listed as usable in secondary slot.

That'd be because it has a damage and delay. casters can't actually equip weapons in their offhand. Would need to be damage-less for that.

Last edited:
Man, Thade is on the ball... /facepalm

Look. Just because you know that; doesn't mean he does. Nor does it mean that the person who originally made the item knew (which is most likely the case; the item comes from a zone that was made by Xeldan 5+ years ago, and the item was probably made by jayelle around the same time. A ton of crap has been learned since then about how items actually work.

Assuming people know things when you post on these forums is a bad idea.

Last edited:
I see so it's because casters can't dual wield and so can't put items with damage/delay in those slots? Hardcoded into the client, and whoever made the item didn't know?

Assuming that a caster that has more than likely acquired the T6 item doesn't realize that casters cant attack with offhand is wrong? LOL! Thade, there are plenty of one handers with dmg/delay and PRIMARY only!

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Malicious_Scepter

It was just an oversight, nothing more.

I wasn't saying he didn't know he couldn't attack with his offhand.

Caster's can't equip anything classified as a "weapon" in their offhand. Which is only items with a ratio. Anything else while it may be a weapon can be equipped in the offhand. Item's like wands, orbs etc. Either A) the item has to be made primary only. which takes away part of it's intended usefulness. While it's possible it was an oversight, it's just as likely whoever did this didn't know. It is possible to equip items you don't have the skill for (Any class can equip a weapon in their main hand provided their class is on it, they just can't swing it.) and considering this thread where multiple changes were made on the weapon, I'm pretty positive xeldan didn't know.

Really; casters should be able to equip these weapons in their offhand and not be able to swing them, in the same vein as what happens with main hand items.

Last edited:
Really; casters should be able to equip these weapons in their offhand and not be able to swing them, in the same vein as what happens with main hand items.

That's kind of what I was getting at. I don't know if it's something that is stuck in the client or if it's server-side or what, though.

Back
Top Bottom