sc/coi faction and aug quests

crunchy

*Web Developer and Fomelo Guru*
I joined Council of Innovation, got the first aug, and now I'm trying to figure out whether I will become KOS to Silver Crown if I do the rest of the quests to improve my aug.

I became dubious when I joined CoI, and the wiki shows that doing the quests will improve my CoI faction while lowering my SC faction. Just how low will my faction get if I max my aug?

I'd still like to be able to trade with Silver Crown traders, such as in the heartland. Can I hand in the misc SC turn ins that improve SC faction without blowing away my chances of completing the aug?

I figure if completing the aug makes me kos, I should hand in the SC items (metal deposit list for example) before I become kos, but I don't want that to damage my aug work either.

Or will I never get worse than dubious with SC by maxing the aug for CoI?

You don't get faction with these three groups per se, you get faction experience. I believe you become KOS to Blackscale and dubious to SC when you join, but it ends there. You cannot do the SC quests, or the Blackscale quests once you join the Council (the same goes for joining any of the factions and not being able to do the other groups quests). There MIGHT be some quests while upgrading your aug that require you to kill opposing factions, or doing quests that lower the faction, but as far as I know, that is not true. Just upgrading your aug and getting new ranks will not lower any factions.

Spiritplx said:
You don't get faction with these three groups per se, you get faction experience. I believe you become KOS to Blackscale and dubious to SC when you join, but it ends there. You cannot do the SC quests, or the Blackscale quests once you join the Council (the same goes for joining any of the factions and not being able to do the other groups quests). There MIGHT be some quests while upgrading your aug that require you to kill opposing factions, or doing quests that lower the faction, but as far as I know, that is not true. Just upgrading your aug and getting new ranks will not lower any factions.

erm... according to http://www.angrygamer.net/sodwiki/index.php?title=Council_of_Innovation, silvercrown and blackscale factions are decreased on doing the quests. This page lists the quests for advancing the aug only.

Maybe it's old info, or I'm misunderstanding it.

Joining the Council of Innovation reduces your faction with the Blackscale and Silver Crown, not doing Council of Innovation quests.

you know, just because its on the wiki doesnt make it correct. Its not like the wiki is the Oracle of Athans with some unfailable wisdom.
How many people is this now giving you the same answer. Either dont do the aug quest or go ahead and do it. But I'll tell you again, ive gotten another toon pretty far into the CoI quests and im not kos to SC and pretty sure im not kos to BS either.

wolfwalkerEci said:
you know, just because its on the wiki doesnt make it correct. Its not like the wiki is the Oracle of Athans with some unfailable wisdom.

er, which is why I asked here in the forums. The reason I posted the link was because the previous person said " There MIGHT be some quests while upgrading your aug that require you to kill opposing factions, or doing quests that lower the faction, but as far as I know, that is not true." and I wanted to clear up whether the wiki was correct on this or he was.

How many people is this now giving you the same answer. Either dont do the aug quest or go ahead and do it. But I'll tell you again, ive gotten another toon pretty far into the CoI quests and im not kos to SC and pretty sure im not kos to BS either.

Well, actually, only one up until I posted again. True, there was one person in the game that answered me in tells, but they wouldn't say whether they had done more than the initial augs for their toons.

Don't get mad. I was just asking because I hate going down a one way path and finding out I should have done something else first. I've seen at least a few people get upset in ooc on quests because they discovered they had erred and were screwed because of their own ignorance.

I ended up being KoS to Silvercrown AND Blackscale before I did any of the quests

Choice was made by fate :cool:

Eldorath said:
I finished all of the council of innovation quests and I am pretty sure I am dubious to silvercrown.

Thank you. That's all I needed to know.

wolfwalkerEci said:
Spelled it wrong and it's not even located there :( Delphi

Ikaa|LoveYums said:
Whats the fun in not choosing sides and taking the middle path...

Blackscale 4 lyfe.

Try being Chaotic Evil and kos to blackscale when trying to finish the MQ4. :dance:

Thank god for DE masks.

Back
Top Bottom