Santa's Burlap Sack

ubatch

Dalayan Beginner
can anyone confirm or deny the idea of Santa's Burlap Sack being drawn from the Large Wrapped Gift? Or perhaps, any of the 3 wrapped gifts? I am being pulled in many directions over this answer...

Either people are linking the sack and saying "oh I won this from my wrapped gift from staff" or whatever, or they're saying they bought a gift and it was won via that method.

I'd appreciate it :) I don't wanna go and spend some plat on gifts if there's a 0% chance of winning the sack.

Thanks.

Last time there was a dude giving away stuff, there was a 7 k bag, and gifts that you could buy. Depending on how much the gift was, you'd get a certain reward... all of which sucked and were just more or less fun items. Like fire crackers, etc.

Mind you I haven't actually seen this santa dude in game or the vendor, so I'm speaking from experience. But you know how life goes, you get banned, move on, have sex, and wake up with HIV.

Rambler said:
Last time there was a dude giving away stuff, there was a 7 k bag, and gifts that you could buy. Depending on how much the gift was, you'd get a certain reward... all of which sucked and were just more or less fun items. Like fire crackers, etc.

Mind you I haven't actually seen this santa dude in game or the vendor, so I'm speaking from experience. But you know how life goes, you get banned, move on, have sex, and wake up with HIV.

Im sorry, that makes 0 sense =*(

makes sense to me, but still doesnt answer my question =)

and I dunno where the get banned part comes in, lol...

My thought was, there's 3 types of gifts you could BUY from Santa Troll, a small, a regular, and a large...large being 12pp 1gp (to me) per purchase...I would think that that'd have a certain percent to give the bag, but I am only guessing...

And as for the small and regular bag, yeah I was thinking they gave you crap items...I also dont see why they'd all cost a respective amount, and the highest priced gift would produce the same junk items?...That wouldnt make sense.

Wait, you want to pay 12 pp to have a chance of getting Santa's Giant Burlap Sack?

Umm, the piece of gum stuck to the bottom of Santa's bag is worth more than 12 pp.

I'm going to assume that people are just linking it from the Santa Troll. I think the Santa sack was a nice touch to put in there as an item to buy just because of the holiday season. Now what would impress me even more, is that *if* someone actually got it, that it was filled with presents as well. That would be a nice touch.

Xardon

Xardon said:
I'm going to assume that people are just linking it from the Santa Troll. I think the Santa sack was a nice touch to put in there as an item to buy just because of the holiday season. Now what would impress me even more, is that *if* someone actually got it, that it was filled with presents as well. That would be a nice touch.

Xardon
well, for the 7.5k it costs :D why not :)

yeah, I can only assume people are SAYING they got it from the wrapped gifts, but I wanted to check.../shrug

Was worth a shot. Also, yeah what Beit said, 7.5k, it should be filled with those dam presents =P

This still the case? 12pp for one of the gifts upto the 33pp Powder of the Winter is weaksauce.

Last edited:
Nice rez, I'd like to derail this last post to ask for this kind of threads rezzed from far behind us to not finish in the trashcan, it's killing SoD history a little bit more each time due to ignorant newcomers.
Let's not be Talibans please !

Rez? Why yes, I'm a cleric >_>. Thanks for reading and replying. I'm sorry if I somehow offended. I asked in vain twice in game and the irc. Few players speculated both ways but none of the staff responded to confirm or deny such. Someone even considered the large wrapped gifts a scam of sorts by the staff, unintentional or otherwise to remove pp from the economy- I read the remove the Santa burlap bag lore tag thread.

Tell me, how would it make much sense to buy a $12 lottery ticket for a 1 in 16 chance to win $32, $6, $2, etc? What about 1 in XXX chance to win $7824? Forgive my ignorance of how this game and server's random generator works or is programmed but I theorize say the presents are assigned number blocks out of 1000. Have Santa's Burlap Bag 990-1000, Powder of the Winter 940-989, Bundle of Christmas Roses 870-939, ... and Snowball and Trollipop 0-500. Just saying...

Nice rez, I'd like to derail this last post to ask for this kind of threads rezzed from far behind us to not finish in the trashcan, it's killing SoD history a little bit more each time due to ignorant newcomers.
Let's not be Talibans please !

The ones that end up in the trashcan (at least the ones I trash) aren't usually bumped by newcomers. They're the ones bumped by people just asking for status on things.

This still the case? 12pp for one of the gifts upto the 33pp Powder of the Winter is weaksauce.

No, obviously this year, unlike all the other years, the rumor that the burlap sack is in the large gift somehow became true through the magic of christmas.

Back
Top Bottom