Saitha

Otcho

Dalayan Pious Diety
At the behest of the entire server I would like to request the saitha(spires) portion of the mainquest be reworked to not require a character to be actively on the step to be flagged to progress the main quest. Having large character progression blocked behind going back to kill 70%~ of this zones trash and 3 bosses is very annoying and counterproductive for everybody involved. Rujik himself works this way. Prime enchanter can be killed at any time, but saitha remains the odd one out that punishes anybody wanting to make an alt and progress in the final tier of the game.

Devs have made numerous mentions of not liking people having to go do "trivial" content for things yet this monstrosity still exists to block everybody seeking seekerdom. It would be great if it was possible to flag people retroactively too but I know that might be slightly more involved. Its very sad to see people who have 2-3 items from her suddenly require a pointless raid just to unlock the final seeker step for loot.

i agree, i see no reason for rujik to be retroactive but not saitha. would be nice if things in this game were consistent.

edit: while youre at it might as well make PE a retroactive kill flag, ive done this zone strickly to loot MQ books for like 3 years now.

I dunno, I think Spires needs some piranha in the waters to make things fairer. Best make those runic 2 pages more random too.

Please do not change the Saitha flag. Please change the Rujik flag to be non retroactive so that is is more in-line with the rest of the game.

Please do not change the Saitha flag. Please change the Rujik flag to be non retroactive so that is is more in-line with the rest of the game.
The saitha flag is actually the outlier. You can kill Rujik whenever, as you said. You can kill Prime Enchanter/collect pages whenever, same with Captain’s Log from Hatesfury. You can get all the goblin heads/glizik/venoms/ruby ahead of time.

EDIT: A solution would be to put 6 “Empty Vial of Kazeulian Mist” in the loot box. This is in line with Prime Enchanter only dropping 6 journals. You’d then turn these in to Master Kairdot or w/e his name is once he asks for it. Say it’s empty because the orcs were able to steal it before you could get the vials out.

Last edited:
Think I would have to agree with Stever here: for most parts in the main quest you can simply pre-gather items, and I'm generally more a fan of a "kill 10 bears" quest not making you turn around and wait for all the bears you just killed to respawn to get there, in general. All it does is make people take mobs they dont need down multiple times (though you get multiple passes for competing R2 frags classes in spires anyway when everyone makes new alts or brings in multiple new people, thats more just drops instead of actual flags)

Last edited:
The saitha flag is actually the outlier.
You know your talking to someone who probably has done the most quests in the game, right?

The rujik flagging method was not documented until long after I had started as a dev, meaning no developer would have used that method unless they knew of the existence of this method (Rymy). Precedence is not the best angle for your proposition.

This is why I brought up rewards, if we leave Saitha the current way it is, and relax some of the SH rewards, then perhaps we can find a middle ground. I think a better angle is "When we kill bosses in a later zone, enjoying boss drops should not be tied behind previous tiered flagging".

Could someone list the current progression blocked by this.

3rd Seeker
2nd Seeker
SH Chest Items
SH Augment Upgrades
Silent Scroll Rank 2s?
This seems like a concise list, I can't think of anything else. I think that the old opus quests were tied to this but they are defunct and/or removed.

You know your talking to someone who probably has done the most quests in the game, right?

The rujik flagging method was not documented until long after I had started as a dev, meaning no developer would have used that method unless they knew of the existence of this method (Rymy). Precedence is not the best angle for your proposition.

This is why I brought up rewards, if we leave Saitha the current way it is, and relax some of the SH rewards, then perhaps we can find a middle ground. I think a better angle is "When we kill bosses in a later zone, enjoying boss drops should not be tied behind previous tiered flagging".
the technical implementation of the flag is different sure, but from a player perspective most of the other boss kills for main quest let you kill the NPC before you're on the quest step and still get credit for killing it - whether that credit be an item drop like hatesfury or the retroactive kill flag that rujik uses

More quests allow you to preloot things than don't, anyway. Saitha truly is the outlier in that you are required to be on the step to get credit. A potential item drop off the chest would be useful, like a shard of a broken vial or something. You can loot a good chunk of the main quest/come prepared in advance for it (rotting plague for example), 6th seeker you can loot the book ahead of time, refuge you can farm a large majority of it early, maybe even all, rujik allows for killing early.

The fact there's an argument against this that isn't "we're afraid of breaking a script somewhere and don't wanna deal with it" is very weird. Maybe not thematic to the event but neither is me killing most of the assassinations ahead of time and being psychic enough to know darima wants ice devourer meat again. I know which option I prefer, and it's not spam evacing myself or running through the tunnel over and over again to collect bear asses.

I feel like this is a good compromise, since it is just a part of this game that alts will gear up quickly in higher tiered zones. No one really wants to make a raid go back to clear to saitha just for that one kill flag and then hope you dont lag or brain fart your way to an early death and miss it. Then you are locked out of some of the other best items from another much later raid zone.

To continue to incentivize actually going and doing that slog there could be an alternative non-raid zone way to get runic 2 frags and turn them in outside of spires maybe, but you need to be seekered up to access that quest. I know that is outside the scope of this conversation but if the intent was to tie zone loot rewards to seeker, and that restriction might be loosened, this could be another way to reward that mq progression (and also just something i feel has been talked about for a while. trying to get runic 2 frags for alts and they share drops and all that can be just as tedious when you are not actively raiding spires)

Back
Top Bottom