Sacred iksar battle spear

brasileira

Dalayan Elder
Hello everyone,

Im here to suggest some modification to Sacred iksar battle spear.

It current stats are:

[LORE ITEM][MAGIC ITEM][NO DROP]
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 22
DMG: 20
Effect: Venom of the Snake (Combat, Instant)
STR: +10 STA: +20 CHA: +20 WIS: +20 HP: +95
SV POISON: +15 SV DISEASE: +15
Recommended level of 60.
Weight: 3.8 Size: TINY
Class: SHM
Race: ALL
It have no simple mana, only after you faction bound it, you get +50 MANA.

Just to compare there is the Crucible of reincarnation:

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Effect: Soul Call (Must Equip. Casting Time: 8.0)
STA: +25 CHA: +15 WIS: +20 HP: +85 MANA: +100
SV DISEASE: +15 SV POISON: +15
WT: 1.5 Size: SMALL
Class: DRU SHM
Race: ALL
It have more mana, 10 less hp and only less 5CHA, plus can rez with clicky.

The Spear drops from NDHK, which have the most dificult (for that tier) split. Isnt easier and many monks, shadowknights and necromancers will concurr. So the challange to get the spear vs. the challenge to get the chalice, i would say its alot more challenging to get the spear.

Altho shamans, do need health to survive thru the fights and cannibalization, any raid-wise shaman would prefer mana instead of hp, so they heal more, instead of losing time with cannibalize

Besides its a weapon, a shaman will almost never try to melee something.
I would suggest to be oposite, add 100 Mana and after is faction binded, it wil give 50 HP.

Bleh

It is only DHK level however and has 20 cha and 20 wisdom aswell as an awesome graphic

I think it's pretty fair for it's tier as is but that's just me

I'm missing what the issue is with the item besides the fact it doesn't fit your cookie cutter idea of what it should be. From an item designer's point of view (well at least mine), the items are almsot identical in strength, and that's before faction binding it.

Because it takes 0.001 seconds to convert that health to mana, and lets you take a tiny bit more damage before you fall over when you slow something too early...

Alton said:
Because it takes 0.001 seconds to convert that health to mana, and lets you take a tiny bit more damage before you fall over when you slow something too early...
It doesnt take that long, and yet on raids or when solo-healing groups shamans are pretty needed to "chain" cast for keep up the heals. So canni 4 wouldnt be appreciated in middle healing. Not to tell that after a couple canni 4 or the canni 5 the shaman needs to heal himself, mainly using torpor, which consume alot of time also.

So really, mana is way more needed for shaman than health.

Yea, health does help, but the thing in here is not to discuss about mana vs health for shamans, is the reward vs reward. One is better than the other, and is alot easier to obtain.

brasileira said:
Yea, health does help, but the thing in here is not to discuss about mana vs health for shamans, is the reward vs reward. One is better than the other, and is alot easier to obtain.

you were already told that this is wrong by someone who designs items for this game, if you want to gear your shaman with a less powerful item because it has raw mana on it instead of cha and wisdom it's your decision, but there is no reason to nerf the item for everyone else who can use it.

brasileira said:
you not reading my posts at all.. where i said to nerf the item?

If you read my 1st post, the CHA on spear is only +5 over the chalice. So no big deal.

All im saying is exchange the mana and health on the spear, instead of 95 hp, is 95 mana, and when faction bound it gives 50hp. Its a reasonable suggestion to a caster.

Why is it more reasonable than faction binding the item like you are supposed to to receive that benefit? Zerkotah is easy, probably easier than windrider and doesn't do anything other than sit at the back of NDHK in the TR to increase his difficulty. Farming giant faction is also not difficult, just time consuming, and for that effort you can faction bind WAY more than one piece of loot, PLUS do stuff like rod of living fire or bracer of Sunbane, PLUS get the faction aug with more HP mana and resists than you can get with just about any other aug in the game. It's not that much work for a huge payoff.

Windrider's fight is spoiled across the whole server but it's still more of a challenge than standing in front of Zerkotah until he's dead.

The item was designed to be on tier with the other items from DHK and other lower raid tier places. the strength of an item is determined, not by how YOU feel, but by the actual statistics on the items. An item designer, someone who is uniquely qualified to determine EXACTLY how items compare to each other, already disagreed with you and explained why.

Take a good look at itemization in the lower tiers. MOST items are missing one (or more!) the stats you would expect from their archetypes. You have to learn to figure out how to put together your gear for the greatest benefit.
Here's a list of such weird items, JUST from DHK:

Aanshlav's eye- Caster usable no mana
Cape of the Midnight- melee usable no HP
Cloak of velocity - melee usable, no HP
Crown of Wer'Zerad - casters only, has more than twice as many HP as mana
Greenwoven Shield - INT casters only, No mana
Leskala's Angelic Gloves- dru shm no mana

ok actually I got bored halfway through but heres the wiki link to DHK items http://www.angrygamer.net/sodwiki/index.php?title=Dragonhorn_Keep:_NPC_Loot

If you don't understand how killing windrider and then killing other PoAir mobs is different than being able to faction bind ALL of your DHK gear as soon as you get the faction then you're not going to understand my point, I'm sorry.

I said that the only thing even remotely difficult about zerkotah was his location in the throne room. Why did you bring up his split again?

learn to read:
I'm missing what the issue is with the item besides the fact it doesn't fit your cookie cutter idea of what it should be. From an item designer's point of view (well at least mine), the items are almsot identical in strength, and that's before faction binding it.

[Give me now examples of items have the same usefull and same kind of stats]
I don't know what this means. :psyduck:

brasileira said:
It doesnt take that long, and yet on raids or when solo-healing groups shamans are pretty needed to "chain" cast for keep up the heals. So canni 4 wouldnt be appreciated in middle healing. Not to tell that after a couple canni 4 or the canni 5 the shaman needs to heal himself, mainly using torpor, which consume alot of time also.

So really, mana is way more needed for shaman than health.

Never had much of a problem Canni 4 between heals, or pulling off that Canni V. Put some Recovery + regrowth on your shaman and you can tick back hps pretty fast and not have to worry about Toporing. Not to mention on Raids how many times do people throw AoE heals? and AoE Hots? Not to mention if you need to heal Fast and need the hps back fast, Canni V gives you more then enough mana back to throw a Cholorshock on yourself and keep going with heals on your target. Heck the extra hps on that item makes Canni V less dangerous. Ever Canni V standing in melee range of a mob? Hope you don't drop below 50% hps on any mob you debuffed :keke:

The Spear is fine seriously

Back
Top Bottom