Request: Newport Ring Quests - Post issues here

Xeldan

Staff Emeritus
I'm back from my break and fixing this series is one of my top priorities, so if you can please consolodate all issues with any of the quests from Ring I through Ring V in this thread. For example, I know of issues with Ring IV where the Captain can break to the point of finishing the event not being possible. That's one thing I'm looking to get fixed today or tomorrow.

I'll just go ahead and re-post the the thread about the issues from ring 5.
aarielly said:
I have tried this several times, and always get the same results.

1. Pull a Plague Worshipper
2. Cast Cleanse on Plague Worshipper
3. Spell casts, but nothing happens to the Plague Worshipper. Not so much as a twitch.

I have, in the same groups, had other party members who are at the same point cleanse the plague worshippers successfully.

I completed rings 1 through 4, as directed by the NPCs. No shortcuts were taken, and nothing was looted or turned in out of turn. I did, however, fail on the first attempt at ring 4 way back when.

I also deleted my mark of newport that I received when I first started ring 1, since it was taking up space and didnt seem to be needed any longer. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, although I was told it doesn't.

It just seems that soemthing with Aarielly is flagged wrong for this quest.

Thanks.

I'm having that same problem, as I posted here though I do still have my mark of newport if that means anything:
Thorodel said:
I'm having the same issue as Aarielly. Yesterday while attempting this, I had my wizard casting the vials and it seemed things were going fine. Aarielly asked if the game was giving me a count of how many I had cleansed. It had not at first, though around the 6th one it did tell me I had 6 cleansed. But it also told me I had 6 cleansed on the next one. After that, I couldn't cast the vial on the worshippers anymore.

Is there any fix to this issue?

And during ring 5, I also had this problem:
Unholy_Avenger said:
in the first place sorry for posting on aarielly's thread but since my problem is in the same quest i thought it would be appropriate for me to post here also.
My problem is the following,me and a friend were dong the part were supposed to clanse the worshippers when we came uppon a big problem,after we cleansed the worshippers and the priests spawned, our pets stopped to obey us,they just would'nt defend us from the priests and neither /pet atack command didnt show any results,and since the two of us were pet classes it ended up quite bad,after wipe we kept comming after the same problem,the only way to have found to pets to help us is by resummoning em after the fight with the priest has already started,and it only works for that specific priest,because after we cleansed another worshipper they just stopped to obey us again
Thanks for your attention and sorry for crappy english :)

What happens is that after you cleanse a worshipper and the priest spawns, if you tell your pet to attack him, it wont. And after the priest is dead, the pet wont respond to any commands or attack a mob that has attacked you. It will only follow you around. You either have to zone or resummon it to make it work again. Of course, if you tell it to attack another priest, it will get bugged again.

I'll be working on Ring V to get it revamped a bit and try to fix any possible issues(I THINK I may know what's causing pets to mess up). It's going to be a bit more tricky than Ring IV but I'll try to get it done by the patch.

RING II

Sergeant Halsey returned Ring I to me after completing the quest for Ring II instead of giving me Ring II.

My mage completed everything for Ring II. He then went to Sergeant Halsey, gave him the report, and then gave him the Scout's Insignia. I didn't notice that Sergeant Halsey hadn't given him Ring II and had apparently just given back the Scout's Insignia until after he'd completed everything for Ring III and Sergeant Halsey wouldn't talk to him anymore. I tried to turn in the notice and Ring, but Sergeant Halsey just gave them back.

Sergeant Halsey won't speak to him at all anymore. It also seems that he decided to stop giving the Scout's Insignia back either, because the mage doesn't have it anymore. Mage has done everything for Ring III, but can't get the ring because he needs to hand in Ring II and now has no ring.

Make sure you've checked your bank incase of a full inventory. It sounds like Halsey may have broken somehow while handing in everything for Ring II which resulted in him not accepting anything(perhaps he repopped since that time so he took the ring from you).

I'll definitely look into this though.

Lilyn said:
RING II

Sergeant Halsey returned Ring I to me after completing the quest for Ring II instead of giving me Ring II.

My mage completed everything for Ring II. He then went to Sergeant Halsey, gave him the report, and then gave him the Scout's Insignia. I didn't notice that Sergeant Halsey hadn't given him Ring II and had apparently just given back the Scout's Insignia until after he'd completed everything for Ring III and Sergeant Halsey wouldn't talk to him anymore. I tried to turn in the notice and Ring, but Sergeant Halsey just gave them back.

Sergeant Halsey won't speak to him at all anymore. It also seems that he decided to stop giving the Scout's Insignia back either, because the mage doesn't have it anymore. Mage has done everything for Ring III, but can't get the ring because he needs to hand in Ring II and now has no ring.

I have the same problem except that I still have my Scout's ring. I have not tried handing it in though for at least 4-6 days.

Thorodel,
thanks for posting the consolidated issues here. I missed this sticky entirely until just now.

Xeldan,
Thanks for looking into these issues. It's good to know that they are being worked on. I was afraid this quest was not on the priorities list.

Ring 4

Ring 4 Problem

I did the quest and got the ring. BUT, all slots on my character and in my bank were full, so I didn't get a vial that everyone else got. Is there a way, short of redoing the quest, that I could get this vial? thanks

A group of 6 of us tried the ring 4 quest in highpass just now. We killed all the waves of mobs, hailed the guards and two of us (Ryst and Tani) did not get the bandage to give to the Captain to get the ring... Both characters have (and were wearing) Ring 3 and had the Mark of Newport in inventory. I even tried handing the Captain my Ring 3 to see if it would complete the mission -- was just returned to me.

We all tried to restart the quest only to find out the guard keeps repeating, "Must... go... on..." for both of us. No words appear in brackets in yellow, etc. At that point he won't react to anything even close to what we are supposed to type, according to the Wiki -- " Continue on" (we tried typing many things similar in addition to the quote).

We all did complete the mission, and the fact that two of us, who had all of the necessary gear did not get the end quest item is very upsetting...especially since getting a group together to finally successfully complete it took a long time (been trying to get a group to do it since Ryst, now level 62, was around level 50).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was told that it may be a problem with the flags on my character (Ryst) and that I should request a GM to check.

Same ring 5 problems. Pet ignores me when enraged spawns, even if he's not aggroed on the worshipper and even if i didn't do the cleanse. I myself did have aggro, though.

Other problem (already mentioned before) is that cleanse stops working even if you haven't hailed your 8th dude. What happened to me was i looted the head and ran. Someone else in the group hailed the cleansed one, so now i have the head and the vial and the ring but hasley wont take em. I'm pretty sure its because i didn't hail the cleansed one that spawned after named died :(

Heres my question. If the problem was fixed by the next patch would that make me able to turn in my stuff or would i have to get that last hail in? (The name is Meso in-game)

Thanks a bunch for your help and your time.

I'm having a problem with ring 3 turn in to Captain Thalas, I have alll 3 crates but he wont take them. When looking over the Wiki it seems I missed a step on Ring II and that was giving the letter to Burt Wellford, so I did get his backpack but now Seargant Hasley wont take the bag from me and I'm stuck... Is there a way I can be flagged to be able to turn in to Thalas? I do have ring II already even though I skiped the Wellford part...

Ryst said:
A group of 6 of us tried the ring 4 quest in highpass just now. We killed all the waves of mobs, hailed the guards and two of us (Ryst and Tani) did not get the bandage to give to the Captain to get the ring... Both characters have (and were wearing) Ring 3 and had the Mark of Newport in inventory. I even tried handing the Captain my Ring 3 to see if it would complete the mission -- was just returned to me.

We all tried to restart the quest only to find out the guard keeps repeating, "Must... go... on..." for both of us. No words appear in brackets in yellow, etc. At that point he won't react to anything even close to what we are supposed to type, according to the Wiki -- " Continue on" (we tried typing many things similar in addition to the quote).

We all did complete the mission, and the fact that two of us, who had all of the necessary gear did not get the end quest item is very upsetting...especially since getting a group together to finally successfully complete it took a long time (been trying to get a group to do it since Ryst, now level 62, was around level 50).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was told that it may be a problem with the flags on my character (Ryst) and that I should request a GM to check.

The bandage shouldn't even be given out anymore - how long ago did you do the quest? It was changed in the patch on the 22nd of March.

The chest returns the key for both me and Taffimai (Ring II, Eastern Badlands Bloodblade part).

We haven't done ring one yet, will try again afterwards, but this is one in a line of quest turn-ins where the quest giver just returns the items

X.

UPDATE: Doing Ring I quest fixed it. I'm an idiot. Disregard this post :)

Xeldan

I first tried it in early February. Others in my group were allowed to complete it at that time. I will be trying it again soon I hope...

Ryst

Post how it goes when you try it again. I completely revamped that step of the quest and removed the bandage due to the revamp. We'll see if that fixes you up, if not then let me know and I'll take a look.

Still Bugged

Well, both Tani and I (Ryst) could not even get the ring 4 quest started tonight. We hail him and he says, "Must...go...on..." and then nothing. We say, "continue on" (with and without the "c" capitalized) and nothing. We have tried various other sayings like, "go on" or even just, "continue" ... nothing. I was told a while back to have our (both Tani and my) flags checked. It would be greatly appreciated if this could be fixed for us. Very frusterating to have already done it and not have the captains ring and now not even be able to do it again...

thank you,

Ryst

I did ring IV tonight with a small raid while boxing two chars and one of them got the ring at the end, the other did not. I did complete the previous quests a while ago, December or earlier, I don't remember. There was also another person who did not get the ring at the end. I went back to try it again later and got the same problem as Ryst, he won't start the walk at all, just says "Must...go...on"

Thanks for the help,

Eldorath
60 High Priest

Hello?

Is this thread even being read anymore? I give it a week and then I will petition it in game jail or not...I have waited long enough to get an answer.

on ring 3 u combine the herbs in the crate to turn it in to Banner... well i did and banner just gives it back to me... dont know if its just me or the quest in general... just thought you would like to know about it.

Ok, I'll take a look at your flags tomorrow Ryst. It's important you be online so reply here with a time you can be on and I'll get with you then. Oaju, any way you can give information on what all steps of ring 3 you've done already? There may be some erronous flag checks in the script that I need to fix.

Back
Top Bottom