Removing #corpse, what were you thinking?

jules

Dalayan Beginner
Removing #corpse is a horrible move for this server. There are so many bugs, zone crashes, LD bugs, etc, that staying alive in any semi-dangerous area is impossible for long.

As to recovering corpses, there just aren't the same resources as on EQlive. There's maybe 1 necro with a corpse summon spell on the whole server. Rogues don't get a working sneak / hide. That cuts out all the usual corpse recover options.

Put #corpse back, before this server reverts to bottom feeding on easy outdoor areas, rather than exploring tough dungeons.

Cheers,
Jules

Neeh

Everything you've said was based on opinion, not fact. =D There are multiple necromancers and shadow knights with summon corpse, now making them a more valuable part of raids. To name a few, Dlore, Ventjir, Scroda, I can't spell D's name, and I'm sure I'm leaving out some. Regardless of that though, there isn't one zone where corpse recovery is impossible (As far as I've seen, anyway) Difficult, yes. Impossible, no.

Also, don't forget that death due to a bug is grounds for assistance from your friendly neighbourbood spiderma--er, GM.

I have a corpse at the bottom of the hole, had to leave early from a group. On the way up, i was aggroed by 5 mobs _through a wall_ (hello wall - aggro feature), and died.

/who all necromancer
[14 Necromancer] Gevalio (Iksar) zone: greatdivide
[11 Necromancer] Drashraa (Dark Elf) zone: greatdivide

/who all shadowknight
[13 Shadowknight] Sshrink (Iksrar) zone: crystal

Yup, you're right, there's several necromancers and shadowknights on the server.

I guess I'll just get all new equipment...

I didn't say we play all the time, now did I?

I haven't been on lately because of login bugs and a bug with my melee, but you should be able to find someone in the #WR channel if no one's on. :p

Treating WR as anything other than a beta server is silly... #corpse is just one of those beta features that are absolutely essential.

Perhaps if people weren't using it as a CoTH to dodge content, I would be less inclined to remove it.

I'll put unlimited range for summoning your own corpse on /corpse.

The moral of the story is that using beta functions like this to exploit bugs for your own ends ruins it for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom