remaining xp carries over after clearing debt

Finkk

Dalayan Adventurer
Not a huge deal, but boy it sure would be great if I didn't have to be mad when i have 4% or less debt left and I'm about to take down a raid target.

Uh, what are you trying to compain about here Finkk? The title of your thread is "remaining xp carries over after clearing debt"; are you saying that after paying a healer to remove your soul debt you still have 4% xp debt?

Wesell said:
Uh, what are you trying to compain about here Finkk? The title of your thread is "remaining xp carries over after clearing debt"; are you saying that after paying a healer to remove your soul debt you still have 4% xp debt?

No but if you just work it down via kills and have like 1% left and then kill something that rewards you with thousands of XP your debt will be cleared and that's about it. No additional XP gained. Not a huge deal but can be annoying. I personally don't care because no whatsoever huge amount a single mob could give will make a real difference.

Currently if you have 1% soul debt left (so lets say you need 800 xp to clear your debt) and you kill a mob that normally gives 9k xp, your debt is cleared and thats it. I was suggesting that any remaining xp gets carried over and applied after debt is finished.

Case in point, last night we killed a raid target and I had 4% debt left after rez. Everyone else got a huge chunk of xp but me. I got "you have cleared soul debt".

I couldn't imagine this being complicated to code. Something to this effect:

// Lets say you have 1000 debt left and just earned 8000 xp

if (debt_left > xp_gained) //false
{
reduceDebt(xp_gained);
}
elseif (debt_left < xp_gained) //this would fire as 1000 < 8000
{
reduceDebt(debt_left); //take 1000xp to clear debt
addXp(xp_gained-debt_left); //deposit remaining 7000xp
}

This doesnt take into account variables being passed by reference but I think the concept could not be made any clearer at this time.

Kirin Folken said:
When you hear others all happy about the 40k xp... and you got 4% debt paid off..kinda burns :(

You should be more upset about your friends lying to you about how much xp they got. =P

I agree, it's rather disappointing, however in the big picture it's really not a significant chunk of your xp unless you're dying between every mob. I think there are many other things out there that should be considered higher priority than fixing this. Just think of it as more incentive not to die.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
You should be more upset about your friends lying to you about how much xp they got. =P
I'll look into that!

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
I think there are many other things out there that should be considered higher priority than fixing this.
I agree. It's just one of those little things that could get done if programmers want to take a break from the big fixes.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
Just think of it as more incentive not to die.
Sorry I have too many reasons to die. Bank break, new buffs when I get back, time to get snack, etc.

I know when I was going on Traek raids he gave like 25k exp each to all involved on his death. Unless you were an unlucky sucker with exp debt, then you got zilch. It would be nice if it carried over after paying off debt. Obviously debt is the inconvenience part of dying, but it should be inconvenient up to the point when it's paid off then let people have the rest of the exp they earned. Just my opinion.

This is in place to prevent bugs. The exp system would need a serious rework to allow this.

Wiz said:
This is in place to prevent bugs. The exp system would need a serious rework to allow this.

OK then definitely not worth the work. Thanks for the response Wiz :)

GuiardoTuneweaver said:

Gotten over 60k xp once on a toon from killing a mob :D
But that was at level 56....

At 65 I think the highest I have seen awarded from a mobs death was 15k.

Kirin Folken said:

I've seen more than that but only from 6manning raid trash/names.

robopirateninja said:
I've seen more than that but only from 6manning raid trash/names.

Yeah I can see that :) I am not in the league yet where 6 Mannning Raid trash is a very good idea unless you like to test how fast the raid trash can send you back to your bind point.

Kirin Folken said:

20k on deyranni iirc or was it astasia from rust?

Back
Top Bottom