Regular roleplaying group

Timone

Dalayan Beginner
Hey all,
I'm putting the feelers out for a regular RP group that wants to start from scratch (twinks are ok). I'm relatively new to SoD (I have a 24 shm, and 21 wiz) but I'd like to find a regular group to run with. I'm open to suggestions as far as rp rules (I would consider permadeath, with passing items via progeny, adept hunting, regular xp lock, etc). Once we have a core we can discuss the best time for adventures. I'd like to box some combination of the following:
erd chanter
erd or gnome wiz
iks shm

Please post here and maybe we can get started!

Thanks and happy hunting,

Araketh 21 erd wiz
Spirabilis 24 iks shm

If you are interested in roleplaying with permadeath there is a hardcore mode that you can play in where you get increased xp and everyone gets to hear about when you die. If that is your bag there is no reason not to go for it, but keep in mind the original EQ has lots of hahayouaredead mechanics that did not disappear.

I'm interested in this if we can find a regular night(s)/time(s) that works for everyone. I'm relatively new to SoD as well. My current characters are listed in my signature (and I could be persuaded to roll a variety of different classes/races for RP purposes as well).

I'm comfortable with two-boxing if needed, although I would prefer to play just one character if we can get a group with enough players.

I'd be interested in this, as would my sis - we've both started playing recently. But it would be largely dependent upon the time, as we're playing from the UK.

Thanks for the interest. I am on PST but I tend to play late (after midnight here). I'm usually on my enchanter or my shm so send me a tell anytime. Would the weekend work for everyone? Sat and Sun are usually best for me but I may be able to do sometime during the week.
I'd prefer to play my chanter, but the shm works as well. So we need a tank class, heals, dps, etc.
Let me know... :)

Farouk (8 erd chanter)
Spirabilis (29 iks shm)
Araketh (24 erd wiz)

BTW we don't have to do hardcore. I am really looking for a regular (like 1 or 2 times a week) group.

I am still interested. Saturday or Sunday either one (or maybe both) works for me.

I have a bard and druid both close-ish to your enchanter's level, so I could level them up just a bit more in preparation and we could start with that. I'd probably end up focusing more attention on the druid for heals.

Sounds great! Work toward 14, I am going to explock my enchanter at 14 so I can kill the level 14 adept. Do you have a recommendation for a toon I could box with my enchanter? I'm thinking rogue, I have a 24 necro and 24 wiz so we could always pick one of those as we approach that level. Unless you think we will need some kind of tank. I have a 3 pally I could level as well.
Let's aim for Saturday June 7 about noon PST. Look for me I'll be on either my enchanter or shm. Looking forward to it!

I'd say a pally would fit in nicely with your foursome of bard, druid, pally, enchanter. Could you do better (more optimal)? Sure. But have fun with the toons you want to play.

All right, I'll aim to be on Hydor and Jivorn around that time if possible. I'll also see about plugging away to level 9 tonight so that I at least have the druid's new spells for use to go toward 14 with for the adept hunting.

I'm online now on Hydor and Jivorn, both level 9.

EDIT: Timone, I was on for a few hours starting at Noon Pacific and continuing into the afternoon, but repeated attempts to who all your characters turned up nothing. Did something happen?

Last edited:
Better late than never! Timone and myself met up in-game today around noon PST for a little Cesspits crawling. It was my first time in the zone, and I found it interesting. His enc is xplocked at 14 for Angar, while my bard and druid caught up a bit and are now level 11 and 12, respectively.

I'm not yet sure when we'll play next, but if anyone else is interested in join in, feel free to say so.

I had fun as well, grouping always makes the experience better. I actually got to take down angar (thanks to AHI of course!). Exping up to 15 now to prepare for Junkbeast (see post)! Post here or try and catch me ingame if you are interesting in joining our weekly session (note: playtimes can vary).

I have new student orientation Saturday (June 26) so no group, but if you see me on feel free to send a tell and maybe we can get something going.

I would be super into this but I would like to roleplay someone who is roleplaying someone from a future sci-fi world where they play simulated games based on olden times where everyone hates and makes fun of roleplayers.

Back
Top Bottom