Recovery vs Stamina regen, part II

200HP a tick I can rather safely assume it's a hot o_O

Note: Nothing gives you stamina regen in the game, and nothing ever will. The "stamina regen" line of spells actually slow down the rate at which stamina is lost rather than giving you regen.
Good to know. So it's even less useful than expected. Wouldn't be overpowering to have 1 or 2 points of "slow down the rate at which stamina is lost" along with "HP regen" on 1 point of recovery I think, right ?

Dzillon said:
200HP a tick I can rather safely assume it's a hot o_O
Good to know. So it's even less useful than expected. Wouldn't be overpowering to have 1 or 2 points of "slow down the rate at which stamina is lost" along with "HP regen" on 1 point of recovery I think, right ?

I wouldn't exactly call being able to stay in a high drain tanking or exhaustion style twice as long (at max stamina spells) "less useful" but whatever you like.

I think a big point here is that no one knows anything about the numbers on stamina usage, stamina pools, stamina math (like each pt of Sta adds X to the yellow line) like they do for HP and mana.

People are asking for something seemingly small, not knowing that the result would be huge. Maybe some small divulgences on the math and usage would help people understand why this is not a good idea would help.

The main suggestion here is to find some usefulness to those recovery points.

At lvl 10, it's awesome .. At level 60+, it sucks (you still have exceptionnal situations where it might be useful).
I'm not sure the recovery system was intended to be so situational.

What about binding recovery to your level ?
Something like :
  • 1pt of recovery = 1hp (level 1-13)
  • 1pt of recovery = 2hp (level 14-26)
  • 1pt of recovery= 5hp (level 52 - 65)

Numbers here are just an idea and could be completely revewed.

Its usefull when i know i will have to tank a Raid encounter or Mob for a long time i always wear acumen
Acumen with druid regen make a big time differance than Druid regen alone.

Also My rogue always wear acumen.

On my warrior i rather have an item with 50 more hp then an item with 10 more recovery.

This cause the only point where recovery really does something for a tank is when the tank would live cause of the recovery instead of die. And this would be when your full hp take some dmg then the tick hits in and gives you X hp then you take as much damage to go to X or less HP and then get healed. On most fights during a raid i take more then enough damage for recovery not to hit twice before i need a heal. And since you get overhealed at least once every 8 seconds or so it really never happens that recovery has a lasting effect over the complete fight.

So an other use for recovery would be great imo. And a reduce in stamina use might be good but then agian being at max recovery should not be as good as having like ancient druid regen what 1 point of reduced stamina loss would be considering it has 35 stamina regen.

@ Wiz : I exaggerated with words, but I expected stamina regen to also help get stamina back out of draiing melee style (mainly for group and somehow monk raid downtime). My point is it's not overpowering to add - some - sta regen component .
Like Valiance adds mainly attack (3 per rank to my knowledge) and adds HP regen every 2 ranks, why not do recovery do the same ? 1HP per rank, 1 sta regen every 2 or even 3 ranks if it's really too much of an impact.

Put a low cap on stamina regen like everything else. The cap on recovery is set at 40 as is, and 40 recovery is awful unless you're soloing.

i play a 63 necro with 19 recovery points from items and 3 from AA's so 22 recovery, while in greater lich, i take plenty of dmg per tic, like 30ish dmg i believe. if im kiting mobs running around letting my slow dots eat them up i will slowly lose hp, untill eventually i am forced to life tap some hp back, in doing the life tap i lose mana, having good recovery enables me to wear my lich without having to life tap ever (conserving my mana) for more useful spells like dots. this may be totally useless in a group, but for solo (which necros are famous for) its perfect, im just going to augment all my recovery items with +30 mana augs for extra mana, of course i will probly have to end up making a full other set of gear for when in a group, but i sure do loooove solo!

Recovery is actually pretty useful for Lich, Hood of Hellfire etc, and can make a difference if youre soloing, other than that its pretty much useless though.

One solution to make it more useful would be adding more items like Hood of Hellfire into the game, other than that i think its simply too situational, and not a very powerful effect to have on an item.

I like the idea of having recovery scale with level, but then again it would make necros a bit too powerful, and would require some rebalancing.

Personally id like to see more items that drain HPs in trade for some other bonus (doesnt have to be ATK, could also be for example weapon skills etc, not sure if that really makes sense RP wise but hey its just an idea), that way you would make Recovery more useful altogether.

The ability to regen HP at a faster rate while kiting is very valuable.

For example a ranger could enter melee. Fight a mob to 50% of his own hp. Archer kite. And by the end of the fight be full health and ready for another pull.

Although the meditate system does negate a lot of the positive benefits of recovery.

Monance said:
Recovery is actually pretty useful for Lich, Hood of Hellfire etc, and can make a difference if youre soloing, other than that its pretty much useless though.

One solution to make it more useful would be adding more items like Hood of Hellfire into the game, other than that i think its simply too situational, and not a very powerful effect to have on an item.

I like the idea of having recovery scale with level, but then again it would make necros a bit too powerful, and would require some rebalancing.

Personally id like to see more items that drain HPs in trade for some other bonus (doesnt have to be ATK, could also be for example weapon skills etc, not sure if that really makes sense RP wise but hey its just an idea), that way you would make Recovery more useful altogether.

What?

Back
Top Bottom