Question about data transfer

D

dkmemory

My internet connection is capped at 30 GB a month sending and receiving.

I wanted to know how much data approximatively is SoD transferring an hour?

Thanks.

I play an absurd amount, dual-boxing the whole time.
The most I've seen in a month or so is ~1.5gb from SoD.

Thats a horrible limitation, I probably do that in a few days on average and on a good day can do more than that in a single day. As far as mmorpg terms go they usually use relatively small packets and do not transfer much so you should probably be safe. I honestly have never cared about up and down rates, but I would guess that at most you would be talking about 5 per month max if you play some hardcore sod. It should be about the same amount of packet transfer as an fps. I would be worried about the initial updates though because those are probably 5gigs or more for the eq updates.
In all honesty apps like teamspeak and mirc are probably worse on bandwidth than sod.

Yeah, but seriously limiting your bandwidth at such a low number is horrible. I guess I consider it low because I have an larger than normal bandwidth requirement.

I blow through at least 5 gigs per day.

I'd be fucked with a 30gb monthly limit.

But yeah, as was said above, SoD should barely put a dent in your alloted bandwidth.

Unlimited download is unavailable in Québec. The biggest limit in my city is 100 GB a month, and it's 85$/month with a 12-months contract. Yeah, no thanks. It's BS.

Thanks guys.

see mine has a like 40 gig limit apparently. But its more like a guideline from what I've seen. I've taken faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar in excess of that almost on a monthly basis since I've had it.

Damn, Canadian broadband prices suck.

I live in Florida, and I've got a 7Mbps/512kbps connection with no limits on data transfer for $45.
I can't wait till Verizon FIOS gets out of Tampa and over here to Orlando... 10Mbps/1Mbps for the same price would be sweet.

Of course, the Japanese have us all severely beat.

Xarpolis said:
What kind of Broadband does Japan have? I MUST KNOW!

Everything is probably fiber based over there with nueral recepters that you jack right into your head. I wonder what it actually feels like ot have Dark Rot.. :)

Back
Top Bottom