Quest-Based Alignment Changes

On the topic of immersion:

If I'm trying to role play out someone who's absolutely devoted to Jayla's ideals, but the text is obscure and ambiguous, I cannot immerse myself in a proper role play aspect. I know out-of-character what kind of a response my character would go for based on his ideals.

Eustace with a good post! It was only a matter of time. ;)

Part of the problem with the alignment system is that it is too interpretive.

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=14050

For example -- MANY actions, can be interpreted to be different alignments. Did I steal because I wanted to hurt the person financially or emotionally? Or did I steal for my own gain? Or did I steal because I wanted to shake things up with authority? Or did I steal because I plan to give the item to the rightful owner? The action is the same, and yet.... how can you express what your true intention was? Having some off the cusp CHOOSE 1 of these vague text options in a quest -- isnt working.

The current system should be fixed. I know of too many people who have failed to pick what they intended (myself included).

I think a decent solution would be to remove the vague interpretive qualities of alignment. Yes, technically stealing could be evil or chaotic or both, or potentially lawful, etc. But in SoD pickpocketing and fencing goods is only Chaotic. -- This makes it very easy for players to understand. If you just set-actions to a specific alignment hit -- and change the ToK post to reflect that, -- then I think it will work out better.

Last edited:
Hey, I may be a trolling jack-ass, but I do know my RP. I was a table-top White Wolf story teller for more than a dozen years.

Ok, I'm wondering what the status on this is. I'm working on the new quest now, and I just got lucky with a pot-shot and actually gained 1% deity alignment.

It would be really great if these things were a lot more clear.

Back
Top Bottom