Problems Adjusting UI

RobbyBenson24

Dalayan Elder
I recently had to load SoD on a new computer because my old one is fried. For some reason, only while on my main character, I can no longer right click on any of the windows to do anything to them (be it change faded level, normal level, filter text, change hitmodes, etc.). I am able to move and change the sizes of windows, where applicable. I believe it started happening when i loaded another folder, named something other than default, into the UI folder in the EQ directory. I am having the same problem on this toon, regardless of which UI is loaded.

While on other characters, I don't have any trouble with this.

Delete the UI_*yourname*.txt file from the eq folder. That should fix it, though you'll have to ro-do the UI completely.

I have no idea why it happens. It has never been an issue on my desktop (win xp), but every now and then my spell bar screws up on my laptop (win7), it makes it so I can't quick load a spell set. I have saved copies of my ui files to a geek-stick for when that happens. I am guessing its a windows issue (as you mentioned new comp also), but I am not sure. I suggest saving a copy elsewhere yourself, in case it corrupts again. It only ever seems to happen to one of my toons at a time also, usually the bard, but sometimes the bst.

Back
Top Bottom