Patch Notes - March 4th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEADLINES
  • The Dream, overhaul and zone replacement.
  • Tarhansar deity completion.
  • Sunken Cathedral announcement, 6 man experience zone.
  • Fast recovery state, an out of combat recovery enhancement.
  • Weapon Squish, a high tier rebalance to weapons and raid bosses.
  • An Enchanter class refactor.
  • Fletching, a tradeskill overhaul.
SEASON
Seasonal Characters will be converted to standard on March 31st 2021. Players will have until the start of Season 2 to spend their seasonal currency.

TARHANSAR
The final encounter for the Tarhansar Deity Quest "Tides of Blood" is finally live. Be sure to review the quest before attempting it!

THE DREAM
The Dream has gotten a complete overhaul, including a replacement to the zone itself. Changes include: a streamlined entrance to the game for old players as well as a highly detailed tutorial for new players. It is filled with great information that was previously unavailable.

SUNKEN CATHEDRAL - 6 MAN EXP ZONE
Follow the trail of Consumerist Coyote into the deep depths of the Sunken Cathedral! Keep a watchful eye in the next few weeks for this new zone's arrival!

RESTING OUT OF COMBAT RECOVERY
We have implemented a new resting recovery feature. Here are the key points:
  • The state of your character's recovery synchronizes with the client icon in the player health window:
    • Crossed Swords - You are in combat and cannot rest currently.
      • No change to in-combat recovery.
    • Poison Icon - You are weakened and cannot rest currently.
      • The player has a debuff that is preventing them from entering the fast recovery state.
    • Yellow Swirl - You are resting and recovering health, mana, and endurance at an increased rate.
      • A player will enter the resting recovery rate while sitting.
    • Hour Glass - You are recovering from combat and cannot rest currently.
      • No change to out-of-combat recovery. Indicates the player will be able to enter a rested state shortly
  • A player's out of combat status is now tracked separately from the group.
  • Raid groups will receive a lockout timer after engaging with a champion enemy, and cannot enter a rested state until this timer expires.
  • The fast recovery rate is a zone by zone setting. We will be manually adjusting this as time progresses.
AA SQUISH
To work around a client restriction, we are combining and refunding the following AAs:
  • Innate Strength and Advanced Innate Strength
  • Innate Stamina and Advanced Innate Stamina
  • Innate Agility and Advanced Innate Agility
  • Innate Dexterity and Advanced Innate Dexterity
  • Innate Intelligence and Advanced Innate Intelligence
  • Innate Wisdom and Advanced Innate Wisdom
  • Innate Charisma and Advanced Innate Charisma
  • Innate Fire and Warding Of Tarhyl
  • Innate Cold and Blessing of Shojar
  • Innate Magic and Shiri's Protection
  • Innate Poison and Shroud of Kaezul
  • Innate Disease and Gradalsh's Gift
  • Healing Gift and Advanced Healing Gift
  • Healing Adept and Advanced Healing Adept
  • Combat Fury and Fury of the Ages
  • Finishing Blow and Coup de Grace
  • Combat Ferocity and Unerring Precision
  • Combat Agility and Lightning Reflexes
WEAPON SQUISH
The next balance section consists of two parts: A linear balance pass on all tier 7 to tier 15 weapons and a reduction in health for late game content. The power of particular items was creating a roadblock for future item creation and melee class balance. By smoothing this progression, we are one step closer to allowing melee class rebalances. To offset an average raid's damage loss, the maximum health of content balanced on the existence of these items will be reduced.

1 - TIER 7 TO TIER 15 WEAPON BALANCE
The following items have been balanced for raid content; to address exponential growth and class disbalance. We removed the slow spell effects from area of effect procs as the threat generated from these was too great. Overhaste was removed from all weapon procs as the power of this modifier scaled too sharply. Rogues will see the next class balance to offset the void created from this loss.
Buffed
  • Fidelity
  • Peerless Raptor Talon
  • Icegouge
  • Bludgeon of Brutal Panacea
  • Mace of the Leechblood
  • Antediluvian Axe
  • Sihk's Hidden Hand
  • Mindlash
  • Massive Beak
  • Blade of Green Mist
  • Transcendent Ritual Blade
  • Caex, Axe of Brutal Valiance
  • Mercy, Destiny of the Father
  • Flame-Forged Kalis
  • Pock Marked Obsidian Geofact
  • Aquos, Blade of Command
  • Searfist
  • Flamescar
  • Ortaninam, Fall of the Dragonkin
  • Xenelaqui, Muse of the Fallen - Weapon Proc moved to Slot 9, Rate increased
  • Elael-ihn, Massive Ember
  • Render of the False
  • Hand of Twisted Magics
  • Nail of Festering Decay - Weapon Proc increased, stun added.
  • Calcified Perfection - AC increased.
  • Fist of the Dawn
  • Curveblade of Ancient Kings
  • Bane of the Fallen God (1h) - AC Lowered
  • Ysar, Blasphemer's Bite
  • Khukri of the Plague
  • Cloudbreaker - Spell damage also increased.
  • Immorvo, Immaculate Fist - Ammo slot removed.
  • Acid Tongue
  • Ravenclaw
  • Agni
  • Ansaag's Skullsplitter
  • Divus Sicarius
  • Ragecaller
  • Halbred of Killing Frost
  • Obsidian Spiked Greatstaff
  • Confounding Sphere of the Prime Enchanter
  • Yclistinite Alloy Dreadblade
  • Tower of Deathly Cold
  • Perditrix, Truncheon of Undoing
  • Bane of the Fallen God (2h)
Shifted
  • Stoneculler - Overhaste removed. ATK and duration increased.
  • Whirlpool - Tank classes added, damage lowered.
Nerfed
  • Dagger of the Chosen
  • Baton of Frenzied Strikes
  • Sceptre of Supreme Rituals
  • Sword of Seeping Shadow
  • Unfortunate Pickaxe
  • Spirit-Harvest
  • Yclistinite Gavel
  • Galeforce, The Eye's Edge - Slow spell component removed
  • Brainsucker
  • Runeaxe of the Gruploks
  • Spear of the Szithri
  • Architeuthis Tentacle
  • Ortaninim, Rise of the Dragonkin - AC decreased.
  • Ortananoch, Custodian's Demise - Overhaste removed.
  • Blade of a Bygone Era
  • Horok, Reality's Kaleidoscope
  • Dissonatatus, Bladedancer's Enmity - Overhaste removed, proc duration and ATK increased.
  • Digger's Shovel - Pet haste spurt spell narrowed in scope, haste reduced.
  • Lute of Al'Kaba'Ng
  • Bamboo Rod of Entanglement - Slow spell component removed
  • Sanctus
  • Apocalypse - Slow spell component removed
  • Craedyl, The Frozen Blade of Shojar - Spell damage lowered.
  • Venandi, Spirit's Envy
  • Soulsong
  • Stave of Mist
  • Eo, The Tide - Overhaste removed, melee ratio increased.
  • Os, The Sword - Overhaste removed, melee ratio increased.
  • Ank'Ai, the Corporeal Curse
  • Sharn'rees Verdict - Spell damage lowered, heal component removed, self damage increased.
  • Summoned: Fist of Gurok - Stats removed from item.
  • Beguiler's Belittling Barrage - Somatic Surge proc removed.
  • Staff of Molten Rage
  • Staff of Shifting Shadows
  • Screamblade
  • Entropy's Spine
  • Windworn Boka
  • Core of Ygg'sar
JYRE
Jyre suffers from three issues we are currently addressing: Items that a player cannot discard with progression, addressing ammo slot items that are not ammo, and content having to be balanced around 100% deathsaves. As such, the following changes have been made:
  • Jyre will now only apply it's specialization penalty when worn.
  • Embodiment of Jyre's unique deathsave has been reduced to 30%.
  • Embodiment of Jyre's DS has been reduced.
  • Consuming Flame lifetap proc has been reduced.
  • Ammo slot has been removed.
2 - RAID MOB HEALTH
The following have had mob health reduced proportional to difficulty; later content will see a bigger reduction in health.
  • Silent Halls
  • Thazeran's Tower
  • Overgrowth
  • Bloodstorm Tunnels
  • Individual Bosses
    • Umbriel`Arkhe
    • Altar of Bones
    • Thenn`ayr`duun
    • Nalansar, Agent of Chaos
    • Blazewind
    • Taeshlin, the Fallen Guardian
    • Warchief Rujik Moktar
    • Sharn`Ree, Blood's Justice
  • 6-Mans
    • Rohk
    • Overgrowth
    • A Gnarled Taldorian
ENCHANTER - CLASS REFACTOR
Based on player feedback and internal review, the following issues continually creep up and need to be addressed moving forward.
  • An enchanter's DPS is too high in the last few tiers of the game.
  • The play style of an enchanter is not dynamic/fun in raids.
  • The viability of an enchanter diminishes in duo and solo situations.
  • Enchanters are impacted the most from spell slot limits.
As such, the following changes have been made to the enchanter class.

GENERAL
  • Enchanters now have access to the Group Invisibility spell at level 40.
  • Enchanters can purchase three ranks of a new memory blur AA at level 65, Becloud Memories.
  • Trickster's Augmentation has had it's levitation component removed.
The following spells now have a 1 minute duration, and a 1 minute shared cooldown.​
  • Incarnate Bond - A new level 44 spell, replacing Boon of the Vulfwere.
  • Somatic Bond
  • Corporeal Bond I - A new spell, replacing Lycanthropic Bond I.
  • Corporeal Bond II - A new spell, replacing Lycanthropic Bond II.
  • Avatar of Destruction - Mimicry has been lowered to 50%.
MAGIC DIRECT DAMAGE
The following spells all have had their cast time lowered to 1.6s:​
  • Chaotic Feedback
  • Sanity Warp
  • Chaos Flux
  • Anarchy
  • Discordant Mind
  • Dementia
  • Dementing Vision - 0.001 stun added.
  • Insanity - Base damage increased to 990.
  • Chaotic Visions - 0.001 stun added, base damage increased to 1360, Recovery time lowered to 2.5s.
MAGIC DAMAGE OVER TIME
The following changes have been made to smooth out the spell line progression:​
  • Suffocate damage over time increased. A Reverse damage shield effect has been added.
  • Gasping Embrace mana cost and cast time lowered.
  • Torment of Gnyrt damage over time and mana cost increased.
  • Asphyxiate direct damage and damage over time increased, cast time lowered. A Reverse damage shield effect has been added.
  • Chokehold direct damage and damage over time increased
MESMERIZE
The following changes have been made to mesmerize spells:​
  • Glamour of Astris is a new level 24 Enchanter mesmerize with the additional effect chance to memory blur your target.
  • Glamour of Nalia now has an additional effect chance to memory blur your target. Max enemy level increased to 59.
  • Minimum duration increased to 4 ticks for Enchanters on all mesmerize spells.
  • Overpowering Calm properly reduces enemy mitigation to mesmerize duration rather than adding a flat duration before mitigation.
CONTROL ENHANCEMENT
  • Control Enhancement is now applied to mesmerize spells against all mob levels (previously below level 63 only).
  • Control Enhancement now grants a dual effect to charm spells:
    • Adds a flat duration to charm effects on durations less than or equal to 19 ticks.
    • Adds a percentage duration to charm effects on durations greater than or equal to 20 ticks.
  • Transfixiating Armlet Control Enhancement focus effect lowered to IV.
JINX
The following changes have been made to the jinx line of spells:​
  • Hex - A new jinx spell available at level 34. Curses the target's next melee round to miss, diverting a portion (50%) of the potential power back into them.
  • Vex - Curses the target's next melee round to miss, diverting a portion (90%) of the potential power back into them.
DISPELL DETRIMENTAL
Enchanters now have access to the dispel detrimental spell line. These powerful spells allow a chance to dispel a snare, root, fear, and mesmerize from your ally. Stronger spells increase the success of removal but require more expensive reagents.​
  • Taper Tethers - Available at level 24. Successful against detrimental spells up to level 44.
  • Cancel Constraints - Available at level 44. Successful against detrimental spells up to level 63.
  • Break Bindings - Available at level 63. Successful against detrimental spells up to level 70.
CHROMATIC REPERCUSSION
Enchanters now have access to the chromatic repercussion spell line, featuring the new resist type: Chromatic. These spells nuke your target with a chromatic nuke, dealing direct damage against your targets lowest resist. This spell line will also cast a shimmering rune on the target of your target. These spells are learnable at the following levels:​
  • Chromatic Gleam at level 20.
  • Chromatic Burst at level 29.
  • Chromatic Barrage at level 39.
  • Chromatic Refraction at level 49.
  • Chromatic Fusillade at level 58.
  • Chromatic Aberration at level 65.
Chromatic focus effects and worn chromatic damage have been implemented and will become available to players in the future.

DRUID
Druids can now purchase the following spells:
  • Call to Shojar at level 65.
  • Call to Tarhansar at level 61.
BEASTLORD
Beastlords will now get an introductory pet in The Dream (also available on the spell vendor):
  • Spirit of the Dream at level 1.
FROGLOK
Racial bonus while in rain has been lowered to 2%.

FLETCHING
Fletching has been reworked as follows:
  • The cost of fletching materials has increased.
  • The number of combines per skill-up has been decreased.
  • The container "Quiver" has been replaced with a new stackable item "Empty Quiver"
  • All recipes that previously combined inside "Quiver" now combine in a fletching kit, but require the additional "Empty Quiver".
  • All quiver recipes have had their required large quiver quantity reduced to one.
  • Small quivers no longer produce arrows.
Example combine in a Fletching Kit:​
Large Bundle of Varnished Arrows + Mild Humanoid Monster Agent + Empty Quiver = Quiver of Humanoid Monster Arrows​
ITEMS
  • Bangle of the Sleepless Night vendor price reduced.
  • Wand of Altered Mana delay has been increased, but ratio remains the same.
  • The clicky effect on Benediction of Zeshan has been removed.
  • Deepmetal Plate, Deepmetal Chain, Imphide, and Shadow Silk tradeskill items have received a balance pass.
  • Robe of Flowing Water, Mantle of the Forest, Torment-Forged, and Searing Deepmetal items have received a balance pass.
  • Mid tier and above tailoring and blacksmithing armor has received a cosmetic overhaul.
SPELLS
  • Elemental Swagger is now flagged as a beneficial spell and should work as intended.
  • Ranger level on Soothe has been correctly set to level 25.
COSMETIC
All of the tradeskilled creations will have armor textures and weapon graphic updates to go with their improved stats. Anything higher than 100 skill will display the 'velious' textures on old model player characters. In cities across the land look for newly dressed citizens and bartenders to appear in these stylish velious textures as well! So far you can see evidence of this in Athica, Oggok and Grobb. In the coming weeks, look for this trend to spread to more cities, quest items, and older loot! There is a beta test fix for the long-standing issue of robes not displaying on some of our races. Drape of Virulent Scales and Thrice-Woven Mesh Robe should now show as a velious Chain Tunic on races which cannot display a robe. If an illusion is cast you may re-equip your item to refresh the appearance. Be aware that purposefully clicking the item on and off rapidly will cause a disconnection on your character.

We spoke about death fatigue, it is remaining. I will update the description to remove the mana regeneration portion. Your meditation bonus should still provide pre-patch regeneration levels during fatigue, and not accelerated rates.
This seems like a worst case scenario? Any specific reasons why death fatigue is required that you're able to share? I don't understand why any game would want their players to wait LONGER to play it, and I've seen developers in Silent Halls and LOIO both add features to help speed up wipe recovery times. Why not just admit it's an actual problem and stay on that trend?

Raids wipe, have to wait for a rezzer to either let fatigue fade or click back to the zone, lose 30-90s zoning while fatigue is not ticking down, sit and wait, rez the raid, whole raid has to continue medding, likely have to rebuff since soulbounds now only last 10 minutes, etc. etc. etc. This is the same scenario even if 1-2 people die.

Having resurrect spells remove death fatigue on zone was an amazing feature with very little, to no down side whatsoever. Sorry for coming off as hostile - this is just probably the worst singular issue with the game and it's completely avoidable.

I was merely stating that, based on player feedback I brought up the discussion with everyone.

Let's brainstorm meet-in-the-middle solutions.

I believe the client supports a non-zone resurrect window. I could look into this feature and determine how much work is involved and if it would be possible to port this to SoD. This might remove some of the zoning headaches, particularly with raid wipes.

I have often thought about the buff duration limit. What about allowing buffs to tick up to 15 minutes when raided? This would increase the buffer a bit, but only in situations where raided for a duration. (buff, engage, wipe -> additional duration)

[Sat Jun 06 21:44:51 2020] You broadcast, 'Question: Will Thazeran's hardmodes be reworked so that they can be done with multiple guilds killing in Upper Thaz?'

[Sat Jun 06 21:45:15 2020] Dev-Cole BROADCASTS, 'We have talked about this a lot and have several solutions ready to go, it is almost done.'

I was merely stating that, based on player feedback I brought up the discussion with everyone.

Let's brainstorm meet-in-the-middle solutions.

I believe the client supports a non-zone resurrect window. I could look into this feature and determine how much work is involved and if it would be possible to port this to SoD. This might remove some of the zoning headaches, particularly with raid wipes.

I have often thought about the buff duration limit. What about allowing buffs to tick up to 15 minutes when raided? This would increase the buffer a bit, but only in situations where raided for a duration. (buff, engage, wipe -> additional duration)
Got it.

Non-zone resurrect window meaning RespawnFromHover=TRUE? It's an interesting feature but I'm not sure if it even works here, or addresses the main issue as well as buff duration limit. These seem to be two side effects. Unless your plan for this option would be to NOT acquire Death Fatigue on resurrect, then I'm probably not too fond of this.

The problem with it for me is even if one person dies for any reason, accidental or a raid wipe, that person cannot participate in the game for at least 5 minutes (4m DF and 1m of zoning buffer). Furthermore, if that person has mana, you tack on another 2-3 minutes of additional medding because it blocks resting stance.

Meet-in-the-middle solutions for me would either be some combination of allowing resting stance while DF is active so you're at least full mana by the time it's faded, or just reducing the DF timer to like 90 seconds max. In general though, 4 minutes seems hefty.

I guess I'm still interested in hearing what the reasoning for Death Fatigue is in the first place. Sure I understand in certain scenarios people can rez-zerg a mob if they're bound next to it, but if a resurrect spell is required for it to fade then I don't see any harm. Is it just in place so that there's some repercussions from dying?

Edit: There was a time when DF just went away if you were rezzed. This was a great time.

Last edited:
I guess I'm still interested in hearing what the reasoning for Death Fatigue is in the first place.
I asked a bit, it seems like old death fatigue used to drain your mana. I do not know why this was the case, but the mana reduction portion was removed at a point.

Revive strips all non-soul bound buffs? Perhaps it was an overlooked side effect that death fatigue was being removed. This was recently fixed as a bug and not a feature, so it is now something players have to contend with again. That is my best explanation.

[Sat Jun 06 21:44:51 2020] You broadcast, 'Question: Will Thazeran's hardmodes be reworked so that they can be done with multiple guilds killing in Upper Thaz?'

[Sat Jun 06 21:45:15 2020] Dev-Cole BROADCASTS, 'We have talked about this a lot and have several solutions ready to go, it is almost done.'

There are a lot of solutions to this that I’m sure people would be able to help with if the staff were interested. This is a really fun encounter and having to time the spawns of certain wing bosses to activate it feels wrong.

Its more complicated, I dont remember all the specifics, but we can talk about it again:

1) Hardmode bosses are discouraged because of the issues arising between progressed guilds killing progressing guilds targets. We discussed removing hardmode, we decided to not to this.

2) Raid bosses are encouraged to have trash clears. Any fix we do to this major content boss would include the addition of a trash clear.

3) The solution needs to include progression guilds being able to engage easy mode thaz when all the bosses are up. Meaning the solution has to work both ways.

4) The solution needs to require flagged characters to participate in the fight and not just be used to "set up" the fight.

Doing nothing right now is a lot less work, but we can discuss this in an open forum like this. I will bring it up again with staff.

One thing I am trying to do is create more open discussions with the player base. It is being well received on our end. I believe next patch will have a "What's Next" section. The more open we become, the greater the chance something we said does not become a reality. I think that is ok.

Its more complicated, I dont remember all the specifics, but we can talk about it again:

1) Hardmode bosses are discouraged because of the issues arising between progressed guilds killing progressing guilds targets. We discussed removing hardmode, we decided to not to this.

2) Raid bosses are encouraged to have trash clears. Any fix we do to this major content boss would include the addition of a trash clear.

3) The solution needs to include progression guilds being able to engage easy mode thaz when all the bosses are up. Meaning the solution has to work both ways.

4) The solution needs to require flagged characters to participate in the fight and not just be used to "set up" the fight.

Doing nothing right now is a lot less work, but we can discuss this in an open forum like this. I will bring it up again with staff.
This fight is the only example in the game where leaving up mobs is required to access higher difficulties of a fight. Since we started raiding over a month ago there has been zero times a boss has been killed other than the earth boss by another guild. The earth boss difficulty is disgustingly out of alignment compared to any other boss allowing guilds that are nowhere near capable of killing the thaz encounter to prevent the highest difficulty from being spawned without us manipulating when it is spawned. The fix could literally be something as easily as allowing us to collect items from all the mobs that then flags a character to engage which towers spawn.

This encounter does have trash it's called the first 5 minutes of the fight that you blow all your cooldowns on and if you wipe you have 10+ minute downtime.

edit: also i guess i didnt really clarify but even 0 tower should require that a fully flagged character (collected all boss tokens or what not) to engage.

"right now" as in the last 2 years this mob has been a problem is an awful thing to hear considering we have been told there was a fix in the works on multiple occasions. We raid "end game" content for approximately 6.5 hours a week and alt raid around 2 hours a week and one of the biggest things we can look forward to is basically not an option because of other raids who are not killing any of silent halls, glacier, shade, air boss, fire boss, lake event and maybe even fof dragon can kill an under tuned boss in upper thaz preventing the hardest encounter in the game to even be engageable. I'm glad it's a lot less work to just ignore the problem.

If you want an instant fix you could try a diplomatic agreement with the guild killing the earth boss.

I’m in Lowe’s so I can’t do a fix right this minute. Sorry. But I will talk to everyone about it and recollect our notes to see where we left off.

What? This fight is really, really challenging in and of itself and wanting to add a trash clear is puzzling. If some sort of token system was implemented, the trash clear would involve killing each of the 4 wings to get tokens to activate 4-tower.

What? This fight is really, really challenging in and of itself and wanting to add a trash clear is puzzling. If some sort of token system was implemented, the trash clear would involve killing each of the 4 wings to get tokens to activate 4-tower.
This isn't what I mean when I said collect tokens as it would just be blocking lower guilds from farming those mobs at least in terms of they dont need to be collected everytime but simply be a requirement to flag a character to select the difficulty. It only makes sense you should have to be capable of killing all the bosses to engage thaz. Selecting what difficulty doesn't really need to require more requirements to trigger since the balance is in its scaling/rewards.

Hardmode should be removed. Get the swords by doing a quest (in the vein of nz/custo swords). Chance of dropping bonus loot scales with bosses alive or raid kill flags.

Yeah and I don't think that is a huge problem for the 1-3 tower loot. It could get reversed to instead of bosses up its bosses currently down if the fight itself no longer scales. The real crutch of the problem is that the swords can only drop under certain circumstances, the rest of the loot doesn't seem to be causing the hubbub.

I am working on a fix right now. Hopefully done tonight.

Ill bring up the death fatigue conversation with Jumbers next time we speak.

Hardmode should be removed. Get the swords by doing a quest (in the vein of nz/custo swords). Chance of dropping bonus loot scales with bosses alive or raid kill flags.

I do not get the aversion to a hardmode on fights. Because it creates unnecessary competition? is not a very good excuse in a game that is full of unnecessary competition to begin with. Why are you against such mobs existing?

Yeah and I don't think that is a huge problem for the 1-3 tower loot. It could get reversed to instead of bosses up its bosses currently down if the fight itself no longer scales. The real crutch of the problem is that the swords can only drop under certain circumstances, the rest of the loot doesn't seem to be causing the hubbub.

And now a guild is killing 6-8 other raid targets to get bonus loot on a mob. The real crux of the problem is that in all other circumstances in the game you have to actually kill the mob to have an adverse impact on another players experience. Blueman is the sole exception to this. That is the hubbub.

I too was once woefully uninformed about the actual fight and had completely unfounded opinions on whether everybody was exaggerating the difficulty increase on four tower. If anything more fights should be designed around rewarding mastery of the mechanics. The only issue here is again how the fight interacts with the rest of the zone in a way that is only problematic to the players wanting to engage with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom