Paladin: Better than Live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For raiding, every guild should have at least 1 of each class just to get the loot bonus.

I believe with 14 of 15 classes you get a 40% chance to receive an additional loot, and with 15 of 15 you get a 50% chance. Without any strength of classes comparison, that should be more than enough motivation for a raiding guild to want you (despite being kind of a shitty way to get in if that's all you offer).

Fortunately, as a paladin you can still offer more than just a bonus to loot. You make a great aux tank, a good off tank, and in fights with an AE you can save healers some mana by keeping up your group HoT.

This may not be better than having a second warrior who has the flexibility of increasing the primary tank's ability to tank through the use of /shield, or doing more dps than what you can do if the fight isn't one where your tank takes a lot of dps. But then the raid wouldn't get the 10% loot bonus for having you in.

In terms of enjoying your class: That is for you to decide. Pick what class you feel will be the most fun. Don't think paladins are ultra sucky, but don't think they're gunna be mega beasts either. They're somewhere in between. With any luck they'll become a cool class that uses 2hers all the time. The need for paladins is primarily in xp groups where people need a class that makes life easy on them. Paladins do this through excelling at AE agro, for poor agro management is generally the reason a group wipes in my experience.

Last edited:
Every post you make leads me to believe that someone in your groups is either developmentally challenged(retarded) or being bad(Possibly intentional).

And as to my statement regarding other DPS classes being able to generate better single target aggro than paladins atm: My monk easily out-aggros any similarly geared/AAed paladin if I don't feign, so monks can definitely generate more single target aggro. Rangers and bards using things like atk debuffs, snares, slows, etc in addition to melee DPS that far exceeds paladin DPS, can likewise generate more single target aggro.

No shit, welcome to the modern times where we have known for many ages that dps classes need to jolt or a healer must suffer the penalty of healing an (most likely)inferior tank. This game is not about who makes the most aggro, a ranger out aggroing a paladin holy shit who would of thought this possible.

I often box one of the best monks in game and my shadowknight has no issue keeping aggro with minimal work on my part outside flopping a measly once (Maybe twice If I am bad towards the end and start talking in group and forget to terror at some point in the last half of the mobs life). Heres a shocking revelation on this as well, Shadowknights dont drastically improve aggro generation throughout the tiers. Maybe you should actually press buttons instead of trying to keep aggro with melee.

Did I mention I do the same thing with a paladin and its still a non issue? I have absolutely no idea what mobs you are fighting but over the span of tier1-10 paladins I have not encountered an experience mob that could not be tanked by them outside one or two very high end ones and im sure you could manipulate certain clickies to do it anyhow. The number of raid mobs that are not paladin capable is a joke as well.

I have no idea what you are doing but all of my sod playing experience leads me to believe you are fundamentally failing some part of the classes you play to lead to these occurrences.

ps paladins rule

Last edited:
Ohh, you should also note that if you do choose to continue with your paladin:

Expect to get into many fights with SK's about your abilities. Sk's and paladins have been notorious for not seeing things eye to eye, in which both groups will attempt to declare a far superior understanding of both classes, and will mention that the other classes players probably all suffer from the downs.

Ohh, you should also note that if you do choose to continue with your paladin:

Expect to get into many fights with SK's about your abilities. Sk's and paladins have been notorious for not seeing things eye to eye, in which both groups will attempt to declare a far superior understanding of both classes, and will mention that the other classes players probably all suffer from the downs.

Sadly this is the truest part of this thread :dumbsad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom