One of My Little Indulgences - Mira spawn time

Shouki

Dalayan Elder
I was doing the spider in Lasanth part of this quest today. When the spider died Mira spawned, but despawned before I had a chance to read and respond. I hope I only missed something minor or not important.

Posted is the relevant section of log from this, please note the time stamps.

I hailed <3 mins after killing Queen then Mira despawned withing about 15 seconds or less. By the time stamps she was already gone within 30 seconds, but really it was more like 15. I freaked out and froze for a bit after she despawned and before I tried a response to no avail.

I'm not sure this was intended or not, but there was just very little time to read and respond on this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Fri Oct 04 14:14:52 2013] Mira Shahar slips out of the shadows near Si`Thl`Li`Thara. 'Effective, if a bit messy. Still, a commendable job for someone with no real training. Come speak with me, NULL .'

>>> fight log of killing last 2 adds and looting removed <<<

[Fri Oct 04 14:17:44 2013] You say, 'Hail, Mira Shahar'
[Fri Oct 04 14:17:44 2013] Mira Shahar says, 'You're free to give that rose to Ryhajin, pet.' Mira flicks an ear at the spiderkin queen's corpse. 'Now that the intended is dead, it's just another flower. Have you any questions before I take my leave?'
[Fri Oct 04 14:17:44 2013] - [D1] Why did I have to show her the rose?
[Fri Oct 04 14:17:44 2013] - [D2] Why did you have so many restrictions on the way I dealt with her? Dead is dead.
[Fri Oct 04 14:17:44 2013] - [D3] Despite the restrictions, this seemed a bit brutish.
[Fri Oct 04 14:17:44 2013] - [D4] Let's go.
[Fri Oct 04 14:17:44 2013] Your journal has been updated. [Under the Black Rose]
[Fri Oct 04 14:18:15 2013] You must have the appropriate NPC targeted to use this command.

For reasons that will forever be lost in time, this is coded so that Mira stays for a really really short time only.

Your journal has been updated. [Under the Black Rose] means exactly what it states, this step of the quest is over for you, and the only thing you missed is a little cat chatter.

An advice for your next assassinations though: Mira doesn't spawn for any longer time there either, and you have to actually hand her a rose while she is there. So realistically, your best option is to ignore all those funny mobs beating on you and your group for a moment and do your turnin, or you will have to do it again.

Last edited:
IIRC, I also had some quest flag trouble when I did this step because I did not immediately go talk to Mira in southern wastes after I had completed the spider kill. I went and tried to advance the next time I logged in, but apparently when you log out it clears the flag if you have not yet spoken to Mira. A kind GM fixed the situation when I petitioned, but it's probably best to swing by the camp immediately for those doing this step.

Thanks for the responses and warnings! I figured I only missed some chatter or maybe chance at a minor faction bump and that appears so. Onward and upwards.

When she says "come speak to me" I guess she really meant it.

There's the timer for anyone else needing her next, enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom