NPC Buff Casters

I'd even go so far as to say that longer-term buffs being either 1) hardcoded in some fashion or 2) eliminated and compensated for via rebalancing or something like a tome that gives you a non-stacking stat increase equal to the buff,

EDIT: Also 100pp is rediculously high.

Why not let everyone start with permanent soulbond R-Aego,JB,Emp,Focus etc. ?
Consequently we could get rid of Enchanters,Clerics and Shamans which would make
the game more newbie friendly not confusing them with too much classes.
Just let the MoP in game cause it adds so much to the game in its current state.

Why not let everyone start with permanent soulbond R-Aego,JB,Emp,Focus etc. ?
Consequently we could get rid of Enchanters,Clerics and Shamans which would make
the game more newbie friendly not confusing them with too much classes.
Just let the MoP in game cause it adds so much to the game in its current state.

Because buffs are the only thing clerics, enchanters, and shamans bring(Hint, they are 3 of the best classes in the game, and would remain that way if they couldnt cast buffs). Getting rid of the MoP mobs knocking you back or even existing would be cool. Getting knocked back by the ridiculously huge aggro range mob in the front to the field of 1000 wisp and losing all your buffs and flying across the zone is awful. Usually when this happens i just log in another toon that already has buffs but only 1% of players really have this option. Most people would have to spend another 20 minutes buffing and potentially losing all their buffs twice or they would just log out.

Just removing that first akhevan in the MoP completely, or even just drastically reducing his aggro range to be more in line with the other akhevans in the zone would be a fantastic change for new players.

In regards to the actual thread, having to buff is one of the most annoying aspects (timesink ++) of the game, so anything to help with that is a huge plus in my eyes. My only concern is that this will concentrate people in one or two cities (athica and newport) because they have so many class trainers. What about us poor dudes who hang in Sadri?

Sadri has WIZ PAL SHM CLR right there - expanding by 1 zone in every direction does nothing

(S)NP has WIZ MAG ENC CLR - expanding by 1 zone in every direction adds PAL (NEC SHD - these 2 were ruled out iirc)

Athica(A) only has CLR PAL - expanding by 1 zone in every direction adds WIZ MAG ENC (AthicaB) as well as DRU RNG (Kelethin)

Looking at this, I think all 3 cities are about on par when it comes to conveniency:
  • Sadri sure lacks a DRU and ENC for those casters, but it has melees best friend shaman buffs.
  • SNP is awesome because it provides ENC CLR as its main buffs, with PAL only one zone away, but is entirely lacking when it comes to DRU/SHM buffs.
  • Athica only has CLR PAL in tis main area. Sure, anything else but SHM is available nearby, but you actually have to run around for some time to get both haste/manaregen and druid line HP buffs.

In short, neither of the cities provides all the buffs desireable for any given class, you just get to choose wich tradeoff you are willing to make - and wich buffbot you might have access to in the end might be the determining factor here.

am I the only one who plays this game and doesn't get every possible buff before I xp? maybe i just suck.

also stop trying to dumb down this game thanks

am I the only one who plays this game and doesn't get every possible buff before I xp? maybe i just suck.

Maybe you do just suck! ;) I am with you. I rarely log on buff bots myself. If others want to do it because we are going to XP, have at it and I'll take the buffs...

Honestly, in XP situations, I would only ever pay for KEI and haste (which I can cast) because these buffs are so overpowerly game changing that is makes that large of a difference in having them.

Yes, and perhaps.

Making buffs last longer isn't "dumbing the game down" it's just making buffing less of a pain in the ass to deal with. Getting fully buffed isn't hard. It doesn't add any fun to the game. It is simply a waste of time. People don't invite classes to their group because of the buffs they cast. If I want GoE I will log on my enchanter and cast GoE on myself.

Last edited:
I say 100 pp because if you can buy buff potions it SHOULD be rediculously high. 100pp you can make in 5 mins indamn.near any zone vs 30 mins of gating logging in a toon back out a toon and running back.

Okay, it's a two fold thing.

1 - Going to give new players the ability to get buffs rather than begging for them.

2 - Cut down on the I have two characters, which means if I want to buff both, I have to log on & off a half a dozen times if I want to just box if I have buff bots.

Ulandx, pull that stick out of your arse, haven't seen you ever post anything positive.

I like the idea. Half the reason I don't play alts is because I'm so used to being buffed, I don't want to run through the buff bots to hook them up. Yes, I am spoiled, and lazy, but that also means I've put my time in.

It will benefit not only new characters, but old character alts that we (me) are just flat out too lazy to level due to it's too much work.

As far as Oozu, potions stack with buffs, and cost money to make, plus the freaking skill to get there. No buff except Aego actually *costs* anything but mana on what they're proposing (and I'm sure they have taken that into account).

Keep it a few pp per buff, a few more pp for Aego, and rock on.

I love it.

Great idea - Sounds fantastic. So many people have buff - bots, and it takes so long to load them all in etc.

So this is a fantastic idea.

Just make an option to soulbond them too for double price or for a static price !

That my opinion!

So many people have buff - bots, and it takes so long to load them all in etc.
As I got a new pc lately(lowest end possible,~200 euros)I watched how long it takes to buff my
box - took me 13 minutes to kei my Druid,Shammy-Cleric-Enc buff my Pally,get both box chars
the Sorc's bounty in Thurg this day and move them to lab.
Seems appropriate for going wild on the kobolds for 4 3/4 hours(if I wanted).

Furthermore,in another thread the idea of "bots" came up,now combine these with NPC buffers
and the kill/xp rate would skyrocket - from 0 to CoP5 in 4 weeks is that really what you all
want ?

I haven't played in a while, but this would make me come back. With a low tier monk/shammy combo buffs make a huge difference for me. The only buff bots I have access to are my own non relic mage and cleric. Even loading up those two with only being able to have two toons on at once annoys the crap out of me.

Being able to get KEI any time would make this addition great. Some sort of level based buff system would be cool. Sure people with relic buff bots would still have an advantage but this type of change wouldn't really be for those people anyway. It would help the new dudes who don't have buff bots and want to just go out and play.

. People don't invite classes to their group because of the buffs they cast. If I want GoE I will log on my enchanter and cast GoE on myself.

sorry i have to disagree. but im not t13 either. i form groups allthe time with 2 healers or a chanter or w/e is on to make the group work. it may not alwasy be the most effecient way, but it gets me xp and thats what i log on to do.

sorry i have to disagree. but im not t13 either. i form groups allthe time with 2 healers or a chanter or w/e is on to make the group work. it may not alwasy be the most effecient way, but it gets me xp and thats what i log on to do.

I think you misunderstand what I am trying to say. Classes shouldn't solely be desirable for the buffs they can cast. Nor should they be balanced around them. I feel that buffing is a dated feature that is found in mmos that should be eliminated. Classes should be fun and desirable in group for what they do as someone is actually playing them and participating in a group/raid not for a buff they can cast. When classes are balanced around the buffs they bring to the table there is a bonus for the class simply showing up to cast a buff and walking away from the computer all together untill that buff runs its duration. This already happens with some classes; such as bards being more desirable for leech spots in group for their songs.

The best answer is to get rid of long duration buffs all together. Every class should just have a very minor buff that is innate to everyone in their group and raid. They should really only be for flavor however to avoid the problem I mentioned above.

Buffing is lame and tedious and truly adds zero fun to the game. Any change that makes buffing take less time is a good thing. I feel the easiest solution is still to make every "class raid buff" soul bound and permanent duration.

Last edited:
... I feel the easiest solution is still to make every "class raid buff" soul bound and permanent duration.

Would make more sense you go and play Diablo or even Counterstrike if you like a more
fast paced game,suggesting to turn SoD in something like that is absurd.
And dont take me wrong I like Diablo(2,not sure about 3),its just something different.

Back
Top Bottom