NPC Buff Casters

Would it be possible to put a bard in the "bard cities" to cast selo's song of travel on travelers as a last step after they buff? I know there is a required level on this song, but a bit of travel help would be great for low level toons. Remember running all the way to Kaladim only to be offed by a train of goblins?

Rangers druids and shaman are offerung sow. Not sure I want to go all the way to bard speed.

Anyone else think of going plaid? lol

But honestly, if buff bots are offering sow and the like bard buff botting just seems unnecessary.
They've gone plaid!
I'm so glad there are other people around here that are old enough to appreciate that quote ;)

Whatever happened to the days of flopping behind NPCs and hitting sneak...awful Fidel...awful :toot:

you know this doesn't work at all for npc dialouge

Also I think either lower level buffs that are free or paid buffs of appropriate level /duration. Both things together is pretty rough.

Last edited:
troll sk is kos to every chanter in all those cities could use the orb in newport until a few mins ago have spent hours looking for a way to raise faction there is 1 quest and it's 1 bounty in thrug or something can only do it once

Sadri has WIZ PAL SHM CLR right there - expanding by 1 zone in every direction does nothing

(S)NP has WIZ MAG ENC CLR - expanding by 1 zone in every direction adds PAL (NEC SHD - these 2 were ruled out iirc)

Athica(A) only has CLR PAL - expanding by 1 zone in every direction adds WIZ MAG ENC (AthicaB) as well as DRU RNG (Kelethin)

Looking at this, I think all 3 cities are about on par when it comes to conveniency:
  • Sadri sure lacks a DRU and ENC for those casters, but it has melees best friend shaman buffs.
  • SNP is awesome because it provides ENC CLR as its main buffs, with PAL only one zone away, but is entirely lacking when it comes to DRU/SHM buffs.
  • Athica only has CLR PAL in tis main area. Sure, anything else but SHM is available nearby, but you actually have to run around for some time to get both haste/manaregen and druid line HP buffs.

In short, neither of the cities provides all the buffs desireable for any given class, you just get to choose wich tradeoff you are willing to make - and wich buffbot you might have access to in the end might be the determining factor here.
if your a troll sk you can't get enchanter buffs

I think factions were supposed to be tweaked in last night's patch but the notes don't mention it so idk.

chanters are all Arcane Academy faction killing Newport Guards and Hall of Fighters hurts Arcane mages there are some Order of the Blackscale quest that lower the faction too the swamp gate i know of i can remember that but there is no way to raise the faction they could put a chanter in an evil town at the least

chanters are all Arcane Academy faction killing Newport Guards and Hall of Fighters hurts Arcane mages there are some Order of the Blackscale quest that lower the faction too the swamp gate i know of i can remember that but there is no way to raise the faction they could put a chanter in an evil town at the least

A Captured Enchanter. An Enslaved Enchanter. Methril the Buffbot. Something like that would be flavorful

I am still kos to guild leaders in athica b, just less so, not sure if this is intended or not. For what it's worth I would not be surprised if I have handed in more Eldenals medallions than anyone on the server.

im still kos to all chanters doing the crop quest now going to see if that will let me use the orb in newport

It might be a fun nod to name the buffers after historical PCs within the game, or have them make references to well known players of their class. IE the enchanter buffer saying he hopes to grow up to be like Zorlon one day (minus the raging alcoholism) or a tiny troll shaman named Zurkka Jr., etc

It might be a fun nod to name the buffers after historical PCs within the game, or have them make references to well known players of their class. IE the enchanter buffer saying he hopes to grow up to be like Zorlon one day (minus the raging alcoholism) or a tiny troll shaman named Zurkka Jr., etc

That's a cool idea. You would think on such a small server the population could influence the lore somewhat. The only example I can think of is toward the very end of Cyzaine's Silver Crown High Trader quest, the quest giver references Twilight Underground and some other guilds by name. Adds a savory flavor.

Back
Top Bottom