Not a good first impression

wiouxev

Dalayan Beginner
Before you flame me hear me out.

I usually get bored very very fast with EQemu's but within 10 minutes of playing (the dream world was sick) just the quality and idea behind the questing I can already tell is going to be very, very enjoyable. But this is what I ran into.

I made a monk, la-dee-da, get out of the dream world and im in Newport. Cool, im familiar with this. I hail every monk in my guild until I find the one with a quest. Cool. I get to part 3 of it, where I need to hand the sash to each disciple until one shows his true scales and I can attack them.

However... it absolutely wiped the floor with me. Didn't get it past 80% before I died. And to my surprise... spawned right back in the guild to get owned by him again (couldn't even attack with death fatigue).

Let death fatigue go away the third time and gave it another shot. Didnt even get him past 97%!!! Learned I need to go make a few levels before progressing this quest. Which is fine. But a guild buddy came down to help me with it, but accidently killed it so I didnt get credit. Couldn't loot the head and now I am SOL for the quest. Cant get a new headband. Can't spawn the iksar again so im totally stuck..

Going to go back on this afternoon and ask for GM help and see if they can do anything. Otherwise though, very very frustrating

Not knowing the details of that quest... (im sure its on the wiki)

Some quests require you to group to complete, some quests require you to solo, and even other quests require you to group but "you" must get the kill shot for the credit.

This game has MANY really fun quests, dont get discourged over this one quest.

Yes, it was very cool.

My main point is though, Im at a point that I literally cannot progress in the quest.

Unlike live, a GM is apt to get back to you fairly quickly on a problem with a simple solution (IE: a newbie quest bug). Don't be afraid to petition. If it's prime time you'll probably get a response pretty quickly.

That was my thinking.

Hopefully I can log on tonight, get a new sash, get a few levels and be back on my way progressing at it :)

Thanks for the help guys.. hopefully this will go smoothly and we can get it figured out

The GMs are pretty active in game so don't be afraid to petition or don't think petitioning won't do you any good. For the most part it sounded like you had a good experience except for that one small thing.

Before you flame me hear me out.

I usually get bored very very fast with EQemu's but within 10 minutes of playing (the dream world was sick) just the quality and idea behind the questing I can already tell is going to be very, very enjoyable. But this is what I ran into.

I made a monk, la-dee-da, get out of the dream world and im in Newport. Cool, im familiar with this. I hail every monk in my guild until I find the one with a quest. Cool. I get to part 3 of it, where I need to hand the sash to each disciple until one shows his true scales and I can attack them.

However... it absolutely wiped the floor with me. Didn't get it past 80% before I died. And to my surprise... spawned right back in the guild to get owned by him again (couldn't even attack with death fatigue).

Let death fatigue go away the third time and gave it another shot. Didnt even get him past 97%!!! Learned I need to go make a few levels before progressing this quest. Which is fine. But a guild buddy came down to help me with it, but accidently killed it so I didnt get credit. Couldn't loot the head and now I am SOL for the quest. Cant get a new headband. Can't spawn the iksar again so im totally stuck..

Going to go back on this afternoon and ask for GM help and see if they can do anything. Otherwise though, very very frustrating

Wow, I remember back when I first began this quest line way back in 2005 or so this same quest and exact same thing happened to me, it was awful and I had to petition and get foma to save me from the iksar. :( That should really be fixed.

Wow, I remember back when I first began this quest line way back in 2005 or so this same quest and exact same thing happened to me, it was awful and I had to petition and get foma to save me from the iksar. :( That should really be fixed.

Same here, I managed to zone out though and level a couple times before going back.

Yeah, definitely hoping to log on and find a GM on. Don't want to sit around on a quest I can't progress in.

And to be honest im only playing this server for the quests and the 'legit' feel of progression. I've played EQ for many, many years. :) So if the quests are going to be borked like this its really going to be a pisser. :tinfoil:

I was working on this same quest a few days ago and was able to get a new sash from the questgiver (forget his name) by just hailing him again. Good luck!

Yeah, definitely hoping to log on and find a GM on. Don't want to sit around on a quest I can't progress in.

And to be honest im only playing this server for the quests and the 'legit' feel of progression. I've played EQ for many, many years. :) So if the quests are going to be borked like this its really going to be a pisser. :tinfoil:

no quests in the game are awesome. NPCs hardly ever eat your items like in live, they just give them back to you.

Live. I have a friend who was doing one of the old live armor quests. Figuring he would play it safe, he farmed the mats for 8 complete sets of armor and had a max level smith with + level items.

He got a hat.

I've never seen it happen here. Though the rng can sometimes make you crazy.

Ironically newbies are the most apt to ignore petitioning or letting devs know about quest bugs so level 1-10 quests often have the most persistent bugs.

When you have no test server you fix things as soon as they are brought to your attention. I do not think you will be disappointed from a technical quest working point of view.

GM support is very good on here.

Honestly if the "real eq" had the same gm service on live, I probably would still be playing live. But around 10 years ago (shortly after release) some nob shine GM answered my petition (12 hours waiting in queue) with "we dont believe you, closing ticket". Then me calling thier "help line" being on hold for another 2 hours, with sorry he was rude, but our logs show you are lying. Talk about piss poor customer service, I said fine believe this "Cancel my account".

Years went by and I finally cleaned my "dungeon" and stumbled across my old EQ cds and thought I wonder if theres a freebie server like the old private WoW servers and fate brought me here.

I had a GM on here answer my petition within 30seconds once. Yes, 3-0 seconds not only fast but really friendly and helpful.

Heck, it was WEEKS before I figured out that the folks I was hanging out with the most, and chatting with, were GMs. Trust me, they are out there. They don't often advertise their presence, but they are watching over us: some say like a mother bird over her chicks, some say like Big Brother.

edit: well, not over 'us'. watching over you. I'm on P99 atm.. but that doesn't mean I may not come back to annoy you guys someday.
:toot:

Last edited:
I like the GMs here! Some have a pretty good sense of humor and actually have a presence in the game. That's one thing that I like about SoD. The GMs are players too and the amount of open communication between everyone is great!

Back
Top Bottom