Newport Wizard Line

Hey cool, I just happened to pop back onto the boards for some reason. Good to see this is being fixed, maybe I'll log on and give it another go! =D

Well, I tried this three times on my wizard, and hailing him after he was below 20% did nothing (the last attempt, I tried hailing him throughout the battle--with no result). He still nukes as hard as hell (101, 164) (my wizard is level 24), bringing her health down rather quickly.

Nepentheia said:
Well, I tried this three times on my wizard, and hailing him after he was below 20% did nothing (the last attempt, I tried hailing him throughout the battle--with no result). He still nukes as hard as hell (101, 164) (my wizard is level 24), bringing her health down rather quickly.

What's your wizard's name? I'd like to manually check the flags.

The same thing is happening for me. I start throwing explosions at him and he doesn't relent or respond to hails at any point. I even tried nuking him below 20% then letting him heal back up to 20% for a precise 20% hail. 20%.
My wizard's name is Iaeiaou.

Found and fixed the bug. I had been using & when I meant to use $. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Implemented journal entries for the entire Wizard line. I'll be putting them in for the other two guilds soon.

edit: Magicians' journal entries are done.

edit: And now the enchanters' entries are done too. Huzzah!

YAY! It works! It works! Summoner Sven finally behaves! :dance:

And now I have my very own team helmet (and on a high elf female it really does look like a football helmet! ;))!

Anyone know if this quest is broken again?

My wizard is now level 16 and cannot get Sven to 20%. Sven is nuking for 156 dmg. Between Sven and his nasty pet, I can get off 2 nukes before I die.

OK, I finished the Sven part of the quest at level 17 and I can say a lot of tweeking is needed.

I died a lot. Sven died a lot. All the stars have to align in the heavens and have just the right amount of luck to succeed.

Here's the situation: My big nuke hits for 184. Two nukes of 184 bring Sven to the "hailable" level of hit points. Sven always seems to have his big nukes ready, two nukes from Sven kill me.

Here's the problem: One resist or partial resist or interrupt from the stupid pet and I'm dead. One critical blast or one extra nuke or too many hits from my staff and Sven is dead.

I guess it's possible to wait for Sven to be green and melee him down slowly, but if I still need the pathetic gear at that level, something is seriously wrong. In all my attempts, I never once saw Sven NOT use his best nukes. The easiest fix is for Sven to not have his big nukes available. Give the poor wizard that needs the equipment a fighting chance.

You could also try getting a friend to help. Could probably do it at an even earlier level with a friendly healer around.

Thinkmeats said:
"If you brought a higher-level character to help you then obviously you're not going to get the reward."

I took this to mean that if you had outside help you could not complete the quest.

I know this is true for the Warrior Belt quest line. If anyone buffs, heals, or assists the warrior, the mob will be dead, but the warrior will not get the quest piece in his/her inventory.

I did have a Druid heal me one two of the occasions that Sven died, so I am not sure if outside assistance invalidates the quest like it does the warrior quest. Perhaps that is why Sven died so easily on those attempts????

Back
Top Bottom