Newbie Quest Feedback: Kelethin/Athica

Ranmere

Dalayan Adventurer
Here is a list of bugs/suggestions for the newbie quests from Athica/Kelethin that I noted while playing through the area.

Quests with no journal entry:
Quests with journal entries that never complete (despite questgiver saying you are done)
  • Quests given by Guard Naldina: Culling the Bats, Dealing with the Spiders, & Fighting the Frilakh -- fun fact these are also the only newbie bounty quests I've encountered that have journal entries as well.
Quest items that could use changes:
  • Frilakh Broodling Scales -- unlike every other newbie bounty quest item I've encountered, these items are not no drop. They probably should be no drop.
  • Soft Frilakh Scales -- it would be nice to see these drop in Fearstone
  • Pristine Frilakh Scales -- it would be nice to see these drop in Fearstone & also at a higher rate (I killed 879 frilakh to get the scales I needed for this newbie armor quest. If I hadn't been exp locked for adepts all mobs dropping those scales would have been grey long before I got enough.)
  • Soft Wolf Skin -- these seem to drop from any wolf anywhere in game, they should probably only drop from Greater Faydark / Lesser Faydark wolves since they are only used in a Kelethin newbie quest
  • High Quality Bear Hides -- these seem to drop from any bear anywhere in game, they should probably only drop from Greater Faydark / Lesser Faydark bears since they are only used in a Kelethin newbie quest
  • Faydark Treantroot --- is leftover at the end of its associated quest
Suggestions for quest changes:
  • Guard Macyron's frilalkh broodling scale collection quest & Guard Naldina's Fighting the Frilakh (no wiki entry for this quest) -- both of these quests are to collect Frilakh Broodling Scales, I recommend changing this to collecting Frilakh Scales instead --- the rarity of the broodlings compounded with the rarity of broodling scales is painful. In addition, since the other scales drop on a variety of level Frilakhs, this makes the quest more in line with other cities that have drops ranging from various level mobs.
  • Forond's Fortifications -- it would be good to see the drop rate on Pristine Frilakh Scales increased, the amount required for this quest decreased, or additional higher level frilakh (in Fearstone) dropping them.
Quests with bugs:
Quest rewards with issues:

Here is a list of bugs/suggestions for the newbie quests from Athica/Kelethin that I noted while playing through the area.

Quests with no journal entry:
Quests with journal entries that never complete (despite questgiver saying you are done)
  • Quests given by Guard Naldina: Culling the Bats, Dealing with the Spiders, & Fighting the Frilakh -- fun fact these are also the only newbie bounty quests I've encountered that have journal entries as well.
    • Fixed
Quest items that could use changes:
  • Frilakh Broodling Scales-- unlike every other newbie bounty quest item I've encountered, these items are not no drop. They probably should be no drop.
    • They're also a cash loot so it makes sense to leave them droppable
  • Soft Frilakh Scales-- it would be nice to see these drop in Fearstone
    • Increased drop rate a bit and added them to early mobs in Fearstone
  • Pristine Frilakh Scales -- it would be nice to see these drop in Fearstone & also at a higher rate (I killed 879 frilakh to get the scales I needed for this newbie armor quest. If I hadn't been exp locked for adepts all mobs dropping those scales would have been grey long before I got enough.)
    • Increased drop rate a bit and added them to early mobs in Fearstone
  • Soft Wolf Skin -- these seem to drop from any wolf anywhere in game, they should probably only drop from Greater Faydark / Lesser Faydark wolves since they are only used in a Kelethin newbie quest
    • I don't see any harm in these dropping from other wolves
  • High Quality Bear Hides -- these seem to drop from any bear anywhere in game, they should probably only drop from Greater Faydark / Lesser Faydark bears since they are only used in a Kelethin newbie quest
    • Ditto
  • Faydark Treantroot --- is leftover at the end of its associated quest
    • It's an expendable illusion clicky, so I think this is fine
Suggestions for quest changes:
  • Guard Macyron's frilalkh broodling scale collection quest & Guard Naldina's Fighting the Frilakh (no wiki entry for this quest) -- both of these quests are to collect Frilakh Broodling Scales, I recommend changing this to collecting Frilakh Scales instead --- the rarity of the broodlings compounded with the rarity of broodling scales is painful. In addition, since the other scales drop on a variety of level Frilakhs, this makes the quest more in line with other cities that have drops ranging from various level mobs.
    • Significantly increased the drop rate for next patch
  • Forond's Fortifications-- it would be good to see the drop rate on Pristine Frilakh Scales increased, the amount required for this quest decreased, or additional higher level frilakh (in Fearstone) dropping them.
    • Increased drop rate a bit and added them to early mobs in Fearstone for next patch
Quests with bugs:
  • Forond's Fortifications -- the dialogue triggers in this quest are screwy (e.g., a number of options elicit no response)
    • Fixed
  • Quests given by Guard Macyron: collecting spider fangs, collecting frilalkh scales, and collecting fruitbat wings-- all of these quests appear to have infinite turn-ins (I have handed in almost 100 bat wings to Macryon)
    • This type of faction bounty quest is intended to be infinite
  • Scouting for Kerwyn-- the logs filled with spider hatchlings in this quest consistently lag out my client when approached.
    • Redid this area to be static spawns a little more spread out
Quest rewards with issues:

All replies inline above in green

Awesome.

Re: the newbie bounty quests
These types of faction quests typically do not have journal entries because they can be done infinitely

Every other one I've encountered (so far I've done Erudin, Oggok, Newport, and Halas) ends at 10 turn-ins. The Athica one appears to be unique.

for fearstone spies where you need the pass phrase please make it a /cm dx option instead of requiring it to be manually typed. if want a chance to fail at it mix in some nearly correct options.

Back
Top Bottom