Here is a list of bugs/suggestions for the newbie quests from Athica/Kelethin that I noted while playing through the area.
Quests with no journal entry:
Quests with no journal entry:
- Quests given by Guard Macyron: collecting spider fangs, collecting frilalkh scales, and collecting fruitbat wings
- Quest given by Fornel Idolt/Ellisa Porlant -- https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Elissa_Porlant's_quest / https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Fornel_Idolt's_quest
- Quests given by Guard Naldina: Culling the Bats, Dealing with the Spiders, & Fighting the Frilakh -- fun fact these are also the only newbie bounty quests I've encountered that have journal entries as well.
- Frilakh Broodling Scales -- unlike every other newbie bounty quest item I've encountered, these items are not no drop. They probably should be no drop.
- Soft Frilakh Scales -- it would be nice to see these drop in Fearstone
- Pristine Frilakh Scales -- it would be nice to see these drop in Fearstone & also at a higher rate (I killed 879 frilakh to get the scales I needed for this newbie armor quest. If I hadn't been exp locked for adepts all mobs dropping those scales would have been grey long before I got enough.)
- Soft Wolf Skin -- these seem to drop from any wolf anywhere in game, they should probably only drop from Greater Faydark / Lesser Faydark wolves since they are only used in a Kelethin newbie quest
- High Quality Bear Hides -- these seem to drop from any bear anywhere in game, they should probably only drop from Greater Faydark / Lesser Faydark bears since they are only used in a Kelethin newbie quest
- Faydark Treantroot --- is leftover at the end of its associated quest
- Guard Macyron's frilalkh broodling scale collection quest & Guard Naldina's Fighting the Frilakh (no wiki entry for this quest) -- both of these quests are to collect Frilakh Broodling Scales, I recommend changing this to collecting Frilakh Scales instead --- the rarity of the broodlings compounded with the rarity of broodling scales is painful. In addition, since the other scales drop on a variety of level Frilakhs, this makes the quest more in line with other cities that have drops ranging from various level mobs.
- Forond's Fortifications -- it would be good to see the drop rate on Pristine Frilakh Scales increased, the amount required for this quest decreased, or additional higher level frilakh (in Fearstone) dropping them.
- Forond's Fortifications -- the dialogue triggers in this quest are screwy (e.g., a number of options elicit no response)
- Quests given by Guard Macyron: collecting spider fangs, collecting frilalkh scales, and collecting fruitbat wings -- all of these quests appear to have infinite turn-ins (I have handed in almost 100 bat wings to Macryon)
- Scouting for Kerwyn -- the logs filled with spider hatchlings in this quest consistently lag out my client when approached.
- Rewards from the Frilakh Bone Magic quest can be clicked by classes that aren't listed on the items, e.g.: https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Collapsed_Boneseer_Orb / https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Flawed_Boneseer_Orb