New Year, New guilds.

Takeda

Dalayan Beginner
My apologies if this is miss-categorized, was not sure if this would qualify as a recruitment post.

Hey guys, pretty new to the forum but old school EQ player. Been trying to get a lay of the land as far as guilds and player base at the moment. Aside from the well-established high-tier raiding guilds it feels like there’s a major gap in community organizing for newer/unincorporated players. Spent some time asking around in ooc and the sentiment towards starting a new guild in the current environment was… less then optimistic. I suppose guilds are like bands, built to spill and intrinsically plagued by the temperamental nature of those that form them.

Still, I’m hopeful.

So mostly I’m just interested in starting a new progression based guild geared towards player’s to begin raid/+60 content and alternatively provide support for lower advancing players working through adepts towards higher level content.

To be honest, I know very little about most of the raid content of SoD and very little about running a guild, but a lot about teamwork and compromise!

So to you, the remaining unincorporated SoD community:

1. General levels of interest in forming a new guild?

2. What content are you interested in playing/working towards?

3. What resources/character’s do you have available, and looking to advance?

4. General time commitment/availability?

5. Feedback, concerns etc.

1. Very, would love to have a solid group of people to play with willing to help one another and explore the interesting higher-level content of SoD.

2. Grinding 1-65 on alts right now for extra support characters, willing to help out others looking to do the same, working adepts, and ideally breaking into T1-T2 content.

3. 1 62 paladin, lowbies, and possibly some 65’s from friends accounts.

4. Around 12 hours a week, possibly drop in for an hour or two to help with specific tasks. Fridays and Saturdays are good.

5. Need a rad name; really just need a few dedicated and interested players who want to work together and know how to be decent cool people.

6. Be accommodating to newer players, and try to reinvigorate support for the game.

“it is better to be on hand with ten men then absent with ten thousand.”

Give me ten good men.

Send me a PM or post here, if there's enough interest I'll try to get a mailing list going and figure out how to coordinate.

Hey! I feel just about the same as you, I'm willing to join you.

I have a 60 monk and shaman where I'm working on the MQ and working on getting to 65. My girlfriend would join too but I'm just playing on a new character with you, wouldn't be able to do high end content with those characters for a while yet.

I play around 12 hours a week also. I normally work nights with 2 days off/week, I'm usually playing in the morning/afternoon but I can make time later in the day.

I played for a while years ago and I just got back into the game, I'm missing the good feeling of a community right now.

You can find me in game as Solleke or Snargs

Part of an established guild here, but if you ever need help, hit me up. Usually on hugh these days.

I always thought this server needed a persistent "farm team" guild- "Dalayans Amateurs". A new ending revolving door of MQ, bounties, tmaps, Murk/Refuge, and low tier raiding.

New to the server and 55+? Join the amateurs.
Got an alt you need to get up to speed? Throw it in the amateurs until it is done baking instead of duoing everything you anti-social weirdo.
Your mid to high end guild need a XXXXXX to fill out your guild force? Instead of inviting the first one you find or making them fill out laughably bad online apps just send the leader of DA a tell and see who is worth a crap.

Though even if this idea would have worked 5 years ago I doubt the server has or will have the population to keep it afloat anymore.

Dragonkin has always been about helping players get in a guild that enjoys helping one another, even though our raid days consist of higher content lately our roots lie within the new players coming to SoD. The current active player base dictates alot of what guilds do and because SoD cannot field large numbers of active players you must adjust to that. Advertising a new tank recruit is large pill for us to swallow at this time and the tank class will suffer the most due to these limits. Dragonkin progressed from tier 1 to tier 10-11 over many years with many different players. Its a tough road for progression guilds , even tougher now but we do wish you the best of luck and offer help if you should need it. If it doesn't work out apply to my guild as something other then a tank to make our raiders happy and your pally will eventually be incorporated as well.

Dalaya's beginners is the Dalaya's amateurs btw but meh hate that word amateur !

- Thanks for the reply Snargs, I’ll add you to my running list. I get where you’re coming from, that’s nice you’re in my level range too where we could work towards 65 and grind for AA’s. If you’re GF wants to work from zero she could start a box, and run 1-65 with me, goes fast with 4 characters.

- Thanks Huey, good to see someone from Resurgum in support, you guys are rad btw.

- Thanks Paxit, that’s very kind of you. Being a guild that ‘made it work’ I’m sure you have a lot insight on the topic. In line with what you said I think the issue is particularly problematic for prospective tank players, the gear requirements for breaking into the class are high and the general lack of players = lack of abundant reasonably priced gear = scarcity = inflation, which requires those players to already have well established toons to farm plat/drops. I do think resources like the community adept accounts help people get around this to some extent, still the lack of pick up games for maps/lack of players to raid sub-tier zones compounds the challenge.

QUOTE="donfolstar3, post: 308167, member: 23916"]I always thought this server needed a persistent "farm team" guild- "Dalayans Amateurs". A new ending revolving door of MQ, bounties, tmaps, Murk/Refuge, and low tier raiding.

New to the server and 55+? Join the amateurs.

Got an alt you need to get up to speed? Throw it in the amateurs until it is done baking instead of duoing everything you anti-social weirdo.

Your mid to high end guild need a XXXXXX to fill out your guild force? Instead of inviting the first one you find or making them fill out laughably bad online apps just send the leader of DA a tell and see who is worth a crap.

Though even if this idea would have worked 5 years ago I doubt the server has or will have the population to keep it afloat anymore.[/QUOTE]

I agree it you, a few years ago when server populations were in the 100’s Dalaya Beginners served this purpose nicely, there was a steady stream of players across the level range that made picking up upper-mid level content doable. As of late I think a higher level or coordination is required to get people through the early mid content in a not anti-social fashion.

[

Beginner -> Amateur -> Pro

I guess if someone made a site/forum for DB and organized a schedule then sure, that'd be about the same.

That might do the trick, and might benefit prospective new players especially, I think part of the nature of this game is that you get dropped into the world and it is incredibly harsh, many people do not get past that first experience which is unfortunate.

I suppose the players I’m trying to appeal to are those in that intermediary, they’ve gotten through the initial stages of the game but lack the resources/coordination to break into raid content, and being able to get people up to a point where they could roll with the higher tier guilds.

My thought is to build a group of players who are willing it work in that range for a bit, and spend a few months bringing up players who want to play seriously, building a strong base then break into content.

It seems as simple as having a list of people who can reliably be around for a period of time, and a list of character/level task that people are trying to work on so that the time we spend in game is consistently goal directed.

Update:

So this is Happening.

To the community as a whole thank you for the support, I’ve received a lot of positive encouragement from more experienced players to make this happen and be a thing, and many people asking to help out.

Still building a roster, alliances, and actively building interest, many classes still open.

- Schedule will be decided based on people’s availability as slots fill up.

- Name is still up in the air, I was considering being democratic about it, if people want to contribute…

- Looking to start at T1-T2 ish, but open to people below 65 who want to progress to level, and break into the raid game soon.

- Will likely include some more advanced characters.

- Extremely inclusive! No wacky applications required, uber tomes, +500 AA’s etc. just need a reasonable head on your shoulders, ability to coordinate, and desire to play with others.

If I haven’t contacted you yet and you’re interested, send me a tell in game, or a Message through the forum, I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. If you have a friend or know someone who’d be a good fit, send em my way, I know some users don’t use the forums much.

Shameless self-promotion:

To anyone that, that is not in this guild, you should be in this guild! Do raids on content that’s fun! Play classes you actually want to play! Talk to people!

More updates soon.

Hey so just a quick update:

Dominus Invictus V. 1.0

- Got a good mix of fresh 65’s a few veteran an a few people just coming up to level.

- We’re still looking for a few more positions to fill namely: Enchanter, Necromancer, Wizard, ranger, and possibly another cleric.

- If you play any of those classes and have an intermediate level character and want to join in, hit me up. A couple people in other major guilds have been pretty helpful, open to a just a little bit more cross-pollination (as long as you’re a cool person!!)

- We’re getting together to petition this Friday from 4-10 pm PST, or if you can’t show up 1- 10 pm Saturday, feel free to drop in and send me a tell (Takeda) if you’re curious.

- Wish luck, or glorious fiery destruction.

Inclusion of a time zone for these times might help. It might also help with getting that petition for forming answered!

Hmmm, thought I put it in there..

Meeting times:

Friday, February 3rd, 2017 – 4-10 pm PST (Pacific Standard time)

Saturday, February 4th, 2017 – 1-10pm PST (Pacific Standard time)

- First day is the initial petition meeting,

- second day is primarily to add if people have work/scheduling conflicts so we have at least 10 people added.

Athica

(edit for clarity)

So we're waiting in Athica on our petition, but unable to locate a Gm =(
If we can't get a response tonight we're gonna try again tomorrow, Saturday, February 4th.
If anyone is in a position to help us and see this, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the thing. Most of us GMs are located in Euroland, so your 4 pm is our 1 am - chances we are randomly on at that time are somewhat limited, especially during the week. I'll try to make it happen tonight.

Just a short thing.

Thank you to the Gm who helped us.

We're a guild now:

<Dominus Invictus>

Got most of our original peeps added.
We're gonna tentatively start trying to raid on Fridays and Saturdays,
as things get up to speed and coordinated and figure out what we can do .
Still looking to add 1 or 2 more good peeps, (DPS classes in particular)
lots of room to grow and be active.

Back
Top Bottom