New UI - possible interest

Thanks for the constructive feedback, I'll be looking at the UI again over the next few days improving the overall feel and I'll look into sorting these out for you. Briefly;

1. I've looked but as far as I'm aware text colour of hotbuttons (ability hotkeys) is forced to 255,255,255 in this version of the client UI. (If anyone knows otherwise please inform me). I have gone through the UI and changed all other button text to 0,0,0 though.

2. The colour of the hotbuttons is set by the .tga file used - I'd like to keep them the way they are to keep it close to the theme but feel free to edit the colour of the .tga files and upload an optional patch to the EQInterface link.

3. Originally I omitted this as I'm so used to using /con - took some fiddling but I've reimplemented it.

4. I've reimplemented the smaller buttons on the group window though I'm not certain on them, see how they feel to you.

I'll make more changes as they occur to me, I'll make a proper list when I re-up the file to EQI.

Can't seem to access the file now.

I had another thought, in the group window at the end of the name would it be possible to add in a small "area/button" that would allow fast targeting of the respective group members pet? If not no biggie.

Yeah each time I update the UI it goes in for review before it's downloadable - usually fairly quick response. I'll take a look re: the other request in a few.

After having a brief look over it I'd say probably not - the client version we're using is very restrictive particularly when it comes to implementing new eqtypes so it's fairly safe to say if the default ui doesn't have it, it won't be in a custom one. But you can use the function keys to target a group members pet so hopefully it shouldn't be too debilitating.

On 1.4 I can no longer change the TGA color for the window_pieces03 and have that change show up in game. EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml seems to still be pointing at window_pieces03. Strange, on revision 1.3 I was able to get just the button color I wanted in game.

Looking real nice by the way. Thank you !

Yeah what you see there is the generic hotbutton I assigned individual links for the numbered hotbuttons from 1 onward, do a search for A_HotButton1Normal in EQUI_Animations.xml and you'll see where I made the 1.4 changes (you've probably seen I don't do things in a logical order).

Sorry to necro-bump this thread, but does anyone have a zip file of it they could link me to? It looks like EQInterface removed many SoD-specific UIs.

Edit: I sent the UI files in a .rar to a friend of mine and he messed with it and got them to work for me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom