New Sundered Mountain Quests

H

HighLife

Myself and Tasal were doing some of the new Sundered Mountain Quests, and I may have discovered a little problem. In Bippa's quest (down in the mines), after you complete the first stage, and go to the Barbarian in the village, You hand in the metal sheet, and the Barbarian proceeds to ask you about [Dagger] , [Bracer], and [Charm].

I wanted to find out more about them, but when you type "what charm", etc, you are then stuck into getting that Item. Maybe this should be more clear that what you say is what you are going to get, or what you type at first requires an extra line afterwards.

Something that would be QUITE helpful is to allow somebody to change their item. Many people probably will get fooled into dagger, get it, knowing full well they wanted the charm or bracer. So have them be able to turn in Dagger, with the extra item needed for one of the other 2 items, and get said item. Kinda like swapping out current loot for the other.

Just some Ideas.

Edit: We have also just confirmed you cannot do quest again if you mess up with what you chose.

Edit 2: Seems to be working now, and you can change your quest after accepting initially. After you turn in Box of armor, instead of saying "what [Item she asks for]", Say one of the other 2 and the quest should go on for new item instead of one you intially picked.

Edit 3: After she tells you to get something for the different item...she wont accept it. so yes, you are stuck getting the item you didnt know you were going to get when you wanted to have the [Dagger] explained to you. And I think Tasal Cannot even complete quest for charm still.

Here are stats on Dagger: It's nice for level you can do this guys.. (just wish i wouldnt have gotten fooled into doing it over the charm...)

BlightMetal Dagger
Primary
Piercing... Dmg 6, Dly18
Cha +5 Int +5
SV Magic +12
Critical Stike +1%
Class: War Clr Rng Shd Brd Rog Nec Wiz Mag Enc Bst
Race : all

Tasal - I indeed can't finish the quest.. somehow it broke for me.. not sure if its cause i was grouped with my rogue when he finishe dit or what
but i can no longer hand the box of padded armor to the blacksmith?
xeldan help plz

I also ran into a problem, i asked about the bracer and it locked me into that as a reward. 10 panda hides and some pp later i finish and my reward is an item i cant equip. i totally think there should be a discriptive part on each item, so that you have some way to judge what you want or even if you can use it.

Buddy of mine got the bracer by mistake as well. Doesn't fit on a wizard's wrist.

Anyway, the Charm is not a charm, it is a range item.

BLIGHTMETAL CHARM
RANGE
+3 all resists, +1 damage reduction

The bracer is all but Int casters, I think. +4 wis and some HP and a resist, I think.

The NPC says [want the bracer], if you seriously can't figure out that this means you're saying that you want the bracer...

i knew i was locked into it when i said it im not bothered by that, just for other peeps in the future maybe a way to describe the items more so they get something they can at least equip, or hand to her and get a diff reward

I'll add some blockers so you can't pick a reward your class can't use.

cool, thanks bro. I still got exp doing the quest so wasnt really a loss hehe. someone else mentioned that it says charm and means ranged item also, dunno if you noticed.

Part of the charm quest is not working

OK, first off, the (charm) you get from Bippa isn't really a charm, it's a ranged item. Second, when you finally get the item, the Barbarian woman tells you that you need to get a newly-bloomed lowland lotus to bind with it for luck. I may just be very unlucky in finding that particular item,but camped the lotus line by the river for about 6 hours total, and the only no drop lotus item i found was a rare lotus. Those drop pretty often but I still have yet to see a newly-bloomed lowland lotus. Also, how do I bind it with the (charm) once I get one?

I believe handing the flower back to you is a bug, but you get the charm anyway.

The NPC actually does the combine for you, and the charm I think is the final reward.

I think you can just keep the "charm" and destroy the flower.

Anyway, I found the text confusing as well, and attempted to give both the charm and the flower back to her.

Back
Top Bottom