New Racial Abilities - HUMAN/Monk

Drotic

Dalayan Adventurer
We have revamped the innate abilities of each race in the game. We are hoping this change will make things a bit more interesting and balanced (no more supergnomes!) Be aware that numbers may change in the future as we get everything situated!
___

The popular choice has always been Iksar Monk for obvious reasons. Which are perks of having additional armor class / Infravision / Regen. I have no way to poll the actual stats but for instance the top 5 monks are Iksar. I've always been fine with my choice of human/monk because I just prefer the looks and the animations of that combo and am willing to suffer the consequences.

With new changes brining -10 Resist Adjust to all Cast Spells (as long as that includes spells cast by npcs) I feel that human/monk combination is at a huge disadvantage. - 10 % to resists is huge unless we are talking about starting resist stats and even then it is still quiet a bit.

I don't know enough about other classes too comment but imo a few people choose humans as is. Out of all top 5 only 2 appear to be human race Cvetkaa/Gunder. I strongly feel that this particular adjustment is way off for a racial ability especially for monk class since the class is mostly valued when able to resist magic damage cast or otherwise. Resists are important for every class and even more so at end game.

In my opinion especially since the changes are suppose to inspire people to create new class/race combos I feel that this particular race penalty does the opposite.

I'm pretty sure the racial bonus you are talking about actually makes every spell cast by a human PC have a bonus -10 resist adjust to land on the NPC target.

So for a human wizard, mobs will resist any spells he casts slightly less often.

For monks, your procs would be resisted a little less. And maybe the things like root/etc from the monk combat abilities would trigger more? Not sure.

I do not understand you.

Negative resists should mean your spells are more likely to land.

Um, yeah, your spells get -10 resist adjustment and you get 1% innate haste. You misunderstood the description.

Silly russian, you just got 1% more haste and your weapon/armor procs will now land on mobs more often (not be resisted as much). you got a dps increase, just sit back and smile :)

Back
Top Bottom