New Newbie Quest Bug Thread!

... I decided to undertake the Trial of Althuna in Northern Newport. However, when I first hailed Kirlin, Priestess of Althuna, she handed Grintbar a Guard of Justice and implied that he had already undertaken the trial before. This must be some kind of bug. Furthermore, the teleporter next to Kirlin would not function for my character despite that Kirlin said I could enter the teleporter to attempt the trial "again". What gives?

Still true,the exactly same thing happened to me yesterday,char was Ingaril.

I just hailed Kirlin, Priestess of Althuna for the first time on another character and she simply handed him Guard of Justice at 14:20 PST today. Entering the portal does not teleport the character inside the trial despite what Kirlin's text suggests. This bug is still happening, and there seems not to be any pattern to it. I've been able to complete the quest easily on other characters, but then this happens out of the blue! :confused:

EDIT: Did this quest 2 hours later on a different toon and didn't receive the bug. I just noticed all three times I've received the bug, it happened on Clerics; it hasn't happened to me once on a Paladin yet...

Last edited:
Just attempted the "lie" (Evil? Chaotic?) path of the Scouting for Kerwyn quest in Greater Faydark. The dialog indicates that the player should receive coin, an updated/completed journal entry, and presumably some kind of alignment shift for choosing to lie to the guard. However, none of the above happens. Furthermore, after this option is selected, the player can hail Guard Kerwyn and continue the other part of the quest as if the lie had never been told. Is this intended?

Just attempted the "lie" (Evil? Chaotic?) path of the Scouting for Kerwyn quest in Greater Faydark. The dialog indicates that the player should receive coin, an updated/completed journal entry, and presumably some kind of alignment shift for choosing to lie to the guard. However, none of the above happens. Furthermore, after this option is selected, the player can hail Guard Kerwyn and continue the other part of the quest as if the lie had never been told. Is this intended?

What PC was this on? I just ran through it and it worked fine.

I could be wrong, but I think that the Paw Bone Earing (whose name is misspelled) from the Snarl-Paw and Night-Fur quest has a broken effect. Fomelo shows it as "Effect: Ferocity I (N/A)", which to me indicates that the effect is flagged as a combat or reactive proc instead of a worn effect. Is there anything to this?

The "Azanth Screechhand's Froglok Eye Collection" quest does not seem to be working properly. He does not give the Corpse Harverster's Satchel in order to combine the 10 froglok eyes. The quest also does not give a journal entry. My friend and I have tried to start this quest on a Shadow Knight and a Shaman with the same results. I think it is bugged and requires fixing. :cool:

The "Renee to Thaernd" quest does not "Complete" after you bring Thaernd the letter nor when you return to Renee to tell her you brought Thaernd the letter. I had to mark it as "Inactive" after I received the XP and saw no way to "Complete" it. :cool:

The "Azanth Screechhand's Froglok Eye Collection" quest does not seem to be working properly. He does not give the Corpse Harverster's Satchel in order to combine the 10 froglok eyes. The quest also does not give a journal entry. My friend and I have tried to start this quest on a Shadow Knight and a Shaman with the same results. I think it is bugged and requires fixing. :cool:

Not all quests give journal entries.

The "Renee to Thaernd" quest does not "Complete" after you bring Thaernd the letter nor when you return to Renee to tell her you brought Thaernd the letter. I had to mark it as "Inactive" after I received the XP and saw no way to "Complete" it. :cool:
This quest also seems highly likely to contain alignment shifts, but I rerolled a High Elf Paladin about 6 times to run through the various branches the quest can take; not a single time did I notice any change in alignment. Methinks it was accidentally left unfinished.

Back
Top Bottom