New-ish / Returning

Ugmar

Dalayan Adventurer
Was looking at picking this up. I played 3-4 years ago with a group of friends but never got past level 40.

I'm looking to join the server and while I don't plan to speed run to level 65, both because I have limited play time and because I want to do some quests / explore some dungeons that will be new to me, I do want to consider my path up to early late game.

I want my main to be a cleric, so that helps a ton I'm sure.

I'm not sure if I should box an alt to level with the cleric, use the community toons (not sure if that's allowed), solo (probably not smart), or pick a character to help make my cleric's life easier until I can group with 65s then plan on grouping.

I will have a handful of short to medium length time slots 1-3 hours that have infrequent interruptions (kids), and one plan able 3 hour block without interruptions each week at best.

Ideally I want to be able to complete some legs of quests myself. I'd like to be able to do some minor hunting / dungeon crawling with just the toon(s) I'm controlling. Obviously with a main cleric the long game is groups.

Oh and of course thoughts on races for the cleric and possibly the boxed carry.

Suggestions and thoughts welcome.

While interested in what race's powers look like for a cleric, I'm probably leaning dwarf as I want it to be a character that's fun to stay in character with. Still interested in hearing what's most "OP", but it's gotta be something that seems "fun" to play or I'll just go dwarf.

Is ladder season 2 open? Or is it just the regular server at the moment?

Not sure I want to give up access to adepts, but might be a lot more people that want to group

Is there an easy to access shrink item at low level? I vaguely remember having huge issues with my ogre being too big for some dungeons and not having shrink creating a lot of headaches

I think BST get shrink as a class spell normally.

Otherwise I believe that cesspits no longer has a maximum level for entry and theres a passive erudite illusion item that may work for you.

Last edited:
on community toons for leveling purposes Project Grin when it was available(currently under a protective ban due to vandalism) it allowed that completely. Project Draist(which I created) on the other hand can be used for that purpose within the zone the toon is stationed in(so people don't have to be moving the toons all the time) and try to let people use them for their intended purpose(Adepts) over xp. Not a particular fan of people killing Adepts for xp when no one in group needs items from the adept as it may render the adept unavailable for people that do need the items but that is just my opinion.

Ended up just building a duo that I will bring up together, warrior and cleric. I've been taking screen shots of their early adventure. Hoping to put it into a journal of the experience of a new player on the forums.

Level 7 for both right now. Level locked trying to get good gear set up for adepts / doing quests since I'm not in a rush. Got my first duo kill on the dino adept yesterday, so that was exciting, barely pulled it off.

Numblek - Level 7 Troll Warrior
Andelia - Level 7 High Elf Cleric

Back
Top Bottom