New(ish) Player

Ugmar

Dalayan Adventurer
Hey all, trying the server out again. Played about 6 years back with friends doing adepts and got into the high 30s before life happened. Tried a return to duo adepts up, but it ultimately became not fun as I camped adepts over and over to get specific drops rather than just playing and enjoying a game where I know nothing.

Returning to do a duo for just me. Started it as seasonal so completely naked new toons. Focusing on dungeon crawling and some light questing. Aiming to level fairly quickly so I'm not going to level lock to explore. I'll explore until I level out of an area.

Currently level 4 on both and exploring Centaur hills since it's a ghost zone.

Enchanter and Bard. So the struggle is real at low levels.

Say hi and join me if you see me and want to. I have 3 kids under 5 so it's usually an hour or two at night is all I play.

Was thinking about updating this post as a living journal of their journey. Nothing exciting yet but a screenshot of them meeting up before cetaur hills.

Caelunm (or Caelumn I can't remember which spelling it let me use) - 4 Bard
Leono - 4 Enchanter

Thanks!

I got the level 1 snake adept whip, but otherwise I think both toons are completely in the "dream" stuff.

Ended up moving to Zenn, a zone I had never visited before, to chase the blessed zone when it moved.

Got my first piece of loot off a red ghost mob, some decent enchanter shoulders. Killing mobs there is like playing the lottery, and I got enough small wins to afford armor on the Bard right about the time I greyed out the easier mobs and discovered that yellow con lizards eat bards.

Moved to check out the cats in the craggs. Stuck up jerks wouldn't talk to me. Ended up moving on to elf land where everyone was less hairy and just as rude.

Currently level 9 in fearstone chasing the blessed zone drops, but wondering if yellow con mobs are really what I should be fighting.

Yeah, soon I will break into the realm of doing cool stuff in dungeons. Where things I can equip drop.

Bounced around dying in different zones trying to find a good leveling spot.

- Drowned trying to get into sewers only to find the tunnel near the docks lead to a dead end. Once in sewers killed a few mona before running out of stuff that I could find and wasn't grey.

- Did some killing in fearstone, but ultimately couldn't kill the bosses I got to spawn. Decent exp though.

- Made my way back to Zenn and got to 12 on stalagmites and flowers. Killed a few bosses for pixels.

- Pet a manatee in public. Got an xp pot.

Slow leveling speed but good session.

Just opened up the world of charm. Curious to see how reliable it is. Mez has b en decently effective, but lull has not been very impressive.

At 12 now hoping to hit a dungeon tonight.

Last edited:
Today's learning: if you have melody going for aggressive songs, then try and talk to the local fire sword wielding paladin, you unintentionally yell some insult about her God or mom or some such. And she ultimately hands you some exp debt to work off while you think about what you have done.

Went to cesspits at 12. Ended at 15. Only ate deaths due to a toddler nightmare and a baby wake up. Overall great zone, fast exp and got shiny new pixels for my bards shield.

Going to continue the push into cesspits tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to finish cesspits off and get to 18-19 by then.

Retiring the duo as I was informed today by the player base that charm sucks and the duo I have is non functional after level 50 without a group,and groups don't exist until 65 here.

For anyone reading this.

Charm should be updated on the wiki to reflect the fact that in the 50s it completely falls apart due to a cap on attacks per round and on haste. Making it apparently not feasible to charm a mob, send it against the same mob, debuff that mob, and have yours win. It is worth noting that at the low levels charm still felt amazing. It never started sucking for me, but knowing it fails down the road before grouping is an option kinda kills it for me.

Dusting off my Bst / CLR duo I tried like 5 years ago. Mid 30s with terrible gear.

Ugmar / Jorion

Last edited:
yeah two support classes would be a turbo struggle to duo up all alone with, a healer with any other class is a much more sane duo path.

Dusting off my Bst / CLR duo I tried like 5 years ago. Mid 30s with terrible gear.

Ugmar / Jorion

Don't be afraid to reach out for more help if/when needed.

I did edit the wiki page for Enchanters with some Charm information. I can't find the cap on attacks per round posted by a dev so I would like to avoid adding that to the wiki.

I had an interesting time trying that duo out again last night. I had paused playing them when I conned some real life friends into joining and we did our own little 6 man. At the time I stepped away from them I felt like it was a mediocre duo that couldn't handle much. This was my first duo about 5 years back without having played EQ in like a decade.

Having logged back in, looking at spell selection, and what I had memmed I wasn't making great decisions. I definitely remember getting very frustrated my last log in dying to two yellows at once.

Was able to (barely) handle a 6 pull with two whites. So, it feels a lot better than I remember. Mostly speaks to how rusty I was at that point apparently.

Hopefully I can get a good spot to relearn the toons. Was doing kaladim, but I think I'll check a different zone out. Open to suggestions for a 36 bst/CLR duo

Pleasantly surprised at my duo's capabilities.

Played around a little in the plague lands, kaladim, and erudin crypt.

Hit 38 on both last night. Should hit 39 tonight, hoping to do the wind adept for 39 at least once since my offhand is garbage and there's a decent drop off it.

Shout out to Cellador for some upgrades in my armor slots .

Back
Top Bottom