New Charm of Resists

Now THIS is an idea I would support. This would let younger toons stack needed stats, raiders stack resists, etc.

Customizable charms made with components bought from the charm vendor would be *awesome* and I'd love to see something like progressively more expensive charm patterns that you buy along with components of what you want. The patterns could then, as expense increases, gain more slots or options to put things on it, and the vendor could have +individual stat items in different increments or different sets based on archtype, +hp/mana/AC sets, and resist sets or individual resist components, and +skill mod components of different potencies. Got a h2h monk? Buy the h2h component, got a 2hb beastlord? Buy your 2hb component. Rogue? Nemesis for life no longer!

This would give a lot more flexibility to the chief plat sink of SoD and result in more activity at the charm trader imo. It would also give people a lot more flexibility in their itemizations.

Actually this would be way better and is pretty much an amazing idea.

Now THIS is an idea I would support. This would let younger toons stack needed stats, raiders stack resists, etc.

Customizable charms made with components bought from the charm vendor would be *awesome* and I'd love to see something like progressively more expensive charm patterns that you buy along with components of what you want. The patterns could then, as expense increases, gain more slots or options to put things on it, and the vendor could have +individual stat items in different increments or different sets based on archtype, +hp/mana/AC sets, and resist sets or individual resist components, and +skill mod components of different potencies. Got a h2h monk? Buy the h2h component, got a 2hb beastlord? Buy your 2hb component. Rogue? Nemesis for life no longer!

This would give a lot more flexibility to the chief plat sink of SoD and result in more activity at the charm trader imo. It would also give people a lot more flexibility in their itemizations.

This is an awesome idea.. seems like it would be tough to balance but the payoff would be agreeable to like everyone on the server

Last edited:

If this were put in, the amount that you would be able to change any one stat or skill mod would have to be relatively low. Part of the game is balancing your gear to get the proper bonuses, being able to just throw on whatever has the most hp because you can just buy the stats you want on your charm is dumb.

i like the "purchase more slots for your charm" idea, but should limit this to like 3 slots and to resists, no stats (or again limit this to a single choice with no possible future changes, like you say: add me slots so i can make myself taller. and from then on you can be taller, tallerer or tallererer but not have more charisma or w/e) or skill mods.

charms.jpg

This is kinda what I had in mind, in a Temellin Tribute Chart Thingie, poorly drawn, barely thought out, and in much need of love.

My best guess is buying the base charm "pattern" and components, then combining them in a container bought off the charm vendor cheap maybe, with a Type A, Type B, and Type C solvent to rearrange or destroy components to make room to change them as needed. OR (Edit, I call this the Tarutao Proposition) "Make" your charm like you would a tradeskilled item, and have it come out with the standard aug slots (3 and 8) then when you want a new charm, turn it in for credit? I DUNNO

Also idk how to handle current charms if it were to change...store credit? Would you be able to make a charm that way where you wouldn't feel totally shafted? I DUNNO

Pay no attention to the arbitrary numbers, costs, numbers of/types of slots, and charm graphics, if it's an idea that gets a thumbs up, someone better at balancing than me can fix all that stuff.

Last edited:
Possibly the 100k charm could have 3 type 3 aug slots (no stats or bonuses which makes those other charms so valueable) (+36 if you went all one type) base stats of charm would be plus 10 vs all.

This is physically impossible given this client. Don't think it hasn't been tried.

On a side note: 100k for diamondine +12 to one resist doesn't sound very appealing. But there are already the 38k charms with +30 to an individual resist on them and some stats/worn effects, and platinum diamondine has long been a tried and true resist gear booster that's fairly inexpensive.

If the content is just unrealistic, change the content. Don't make it where you have to spend a million plat to buy a piece of gear necessary to raid. If the content is fine, then one should not need to buy a specialized resist charm.

I do think it is a cool idea. I merely think it is a bad idea.

The content is fine, just for some reason two years after its release the guild that always likes to complain finally got to it and found another reason to complain.

The content is fine, just for some reason two years after its release the guild that always likes to complain finally got to it and found another reason to complain.

Big resists fights are dumb honestly and hopefully will be avoided in the future.

Suggestion: Charm of Resists from the charm trader.

Would it be possible to create a new series of charms from the charm trader? I believe it would be good for the SoD community to have these new "charm of resists" (no stats, no other bonuses or aug slots).

Why do you think this is necessary at all?

I don't think it is currently too hard to get resists to where they need to be for any fight, and if you are willing to drop hundred of thousands of platinum on upping your resists at the cost of stats, buying resist jewelry and augging older high-resist pieces is plenty.

If a new charm is to be added I would much prefer it to come after the 1.2 in progression.

Also, fucking lol at a +200 all resists charm.

Last edited:
Magic, Fire, Cold, Poison, Disease

In order to add increased challenge to the raid game, I've coded in 12 new resist types. While we won't be re-itemizing old gear to have them, we will be adding them to old content where it makes sense. These resists are:

• Water
  • Shadow
  • Holy
  • <Bane>
  • Lightning
  • Blood
  • Teal
  • Sonic
The dev team believes that this will allow more diversity in gear choices, and expand the roles of underpowered classes (Beastlords will be given mastery over <Bane> and Teal, Paladins over sonic, etc). Psalm of the four will be changed to Psalm of the Twelve, since one song to cover all resists worked out so well for us last time.

In order to add increased challenge to the raid game, I've coded in 12 new resist types. While we won't be re-itemizing old gear to have them, we will be adding them to old content where it makes sense. These resists are:

• Water
  • Shadow
  • Holy
  • <Bane>
  • Lightning
  • Blood
  • Teal
  • Sonic
The dev team believes that this will allow more diversity in gear choices, and expand the roles of underpowered classes (Beastlords will be given mastery over <Bane> and Teal, Paladins over sonic, etc). Psalm of the four will be changed to Psalm of the Twelve, since one song to cover all resists worked out so well for us last time.

Pretty dissapointed in the usage of teal instead of a far better magic domain such as Cyan.

First off, let me say I love Dimmi's version for charms. Well thought out sir! I have been thinking for awhile that an addition of new charms, to fill in the "holes", would be nice. Dimmi's idea does just that. Whether old charms would be grandfathered in, or converted, is the question. Also, the idea should be balanced that you could rebuild your current charm with that new method, imo. If the client allows, it would be a great way to customize a charm to fit your toon, instead of one that is "good enough, I guess."

And for those that question my perception of "holes" in the charm scale.. I am not talking about the OP's resist charms. I am talking of a lack of other weapon mods, for one. As it stands now, you can buy a charm to augment 2hs and h2h (but only one), or a couple for backstab/archery. But no other weapon stat is represented. That means certain charms get ignored completely, while others are owned by 98% of the population. (Especially true of the archery/backstab charms.)

And for those that question my perception of "holes" in the charm scale.. I am not talking about the OP's resist charms. I am talking of a lack of other weapon mods, for one. As it stands now, you can buy a charm to augment 2hs and h2h (but only one), or a couple for backstab/archery. But no other weapon stat is represented. That means certain charms get ignored completely, while others are owned by 98% of the population. (Especially true of the archery/backstab charms.)

This has come up many times and I support the idea. However, i think the same can be done far more easily with the current charm system by simply adding a Type 9 aug slot.

This.

Also its too bad quotes don't add in the posters signature. It's quite fitting.

In order to stay on topic:

Resist only charms? Seems like an extreme solution to a common problem, and a problem that is certainly capable of being taken care of with current gear.

If there are to be new charms I think realistically the first two most logical ones would be upgraded ranger/rogue charms. Not with higher skills mods, just increased stats. Or give rangers / rogues some way to add the +15 mod to existing charms. IDK, maybe combine Trueshot / Nemesis with another charm to transfer the mod over. Would it be an expensive solution for the ranger or rogue? Of course. Which is part of the fun of charms.

Back
Top Bottom