New Bard Quests

Allielyn

*Pony*
I've completed all the new bard quests offered, and I just had a few comments/suggestions regarding them. Warning: there may be some spoilers, but I have tried to leave out as many details as I can!

Skald Quests:

I found that the first request from Ilmer was significantly more difficult than the second request. I'm not sure if that was intended or not, and it's possible that I just chose the wrong hunting grounds, but it easily took me 3 hours to get the first request filled and only 10 minutes to fill the second (disregarding travel time).

For the first, I picked EBL because of the higher percentage of cats there vs. North, South, or West BL, and because the mobs aren't as far spread out in my experience. I got 9 drops over about 70 kills. (As a complete aside, I got 9 drops because I couldn't loot three that had bugged corpses - these were mobs I killed with my wizbot while Allie was canvassing the zone with track, and I could loot them with Faldeney but not Allielyn. Go figure.) In order to find 70 lions I had to clear the zone of all roaming mobs (possible PH'ers) at least 5-6 times. I wouldn't recommend anybody hunt here until about level 30. Total time: ~3 hours

For the second, I probably killed about 10 Mobs (starting at the entrance) before I had 4 pages. This zone is easily do-able by level 15. In addition, Ilmr handed me back one when I did the turn-in, implying that you only need 3. Total time: ~5 minutes. This struck me as really weird after my experience in EBL.

For the third, I killed about 25 mystics before I got both the daggers I needed. Since each round of clearing usually has ~4 mystics, it took me about 6 rounds of completely clearing all the camps in that zone before I got them both. I forgot to Jayla's the mobs, but I'd wager this part is doable at level 45. Total time: ~2 hours. This was level-wise more difficult than the first task, but the fact that there are a limited number of static camps made this going much easier inaddition to the lower time requirement. (Of course, when you're talking about two drops, the numbers are highly susceptible to the rng. If I was really lucky, disregard.)

For Mandy's quest:

I found this pretty easy, which was probably intended for the level expected. I felt the prompts were a little redundant, but hey it's okay. It's a really minor point, but what I really wished for was an actual number amount when I was offered cash. (Not that I'd ever pick that option, but, you know, every man has his price!)

Julon said:
The orc fighters and mystics ranged from 17-19ish.

Nice summary, Allie :).

OOP, gosh I really missed my level range guess on those ones!

Did you have the same experience with me regarding the difficulty of the first part vs. the second two?

Well for instance, you talk to people and they might say:

"she spent a lot of time with *Brutus"

and then there's a prompt: [It looks like she spent time with Brutus, you should seek him out and ask him about her].

Or there was the part where the person I was talking to said:

"She spent a lot of time with Jakob by the tree behind the compound"

and there's a prompt: [You should look around by the tree, you might find clues there].

Note that the prompts I'm talking about aren't normal quest dialogue prompts. They didn't clue me in on what I needed to say (those normal prompts were there). Instead they were re-iterating what the NPCs were telling me, in a way that made it perfectly clear that this is what I should do next. I felt like the text was enough to tell me I might get more information from Brutus, or that I might find clues by the tree. The prompt felt like it dumbed down the quest to me; but that may have just been me.

*Name changed to protect the innocent.

There is a good reason for Freya's prompt which is that it actually spawns the thing you're looking for and if you don't go there shortly after talking to her you find nothing.

If it wasn't there you might just consider it another piece of information and go talk to other people, then later go there and find nothing.

The only other prompts are when you actually make the final decision, and those are just to wrap things up.

Yeah, I found it a little bit annoying but really, it was a very minor point compared to the others I was trying to make. Pretty much a non-issue.

I can't say anything regarding Yrda since the changes, but I did use Yrda the fence pre-changes (you could invis in to her, and she wasn't kos). It worked just fine. If I recall correctly, some of the peices that you pick up are worth cash, but others are perhaps quest peices not fence-able at all.

Allielyn said:
I can't say anything regarding Yrda since the changes, but I did use Yrda the fence pre-changes (you could invis in to her, and she wasn't kos). It worked just fine. If I recall correctly, some of the peices that you pick up are worth cash, but others are perhaps quest peices not fence-able at all.

Expensive Liqour, Silverware?

I'll do some more burgling later to see what else i can get

Presto Threadomancy!!

Any chance the drop rate on cat guts can be increased? I've been killing in the western badlands for 5+ hours and have yet to net a single cat gut. I'm starting to think they don't exist. Fwiw I've been killing vanilla plains cats not the corrupted version. If Im doing it wrong, someone please let me know before I /suicide

Back
Top Bottom